Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: PTI MMT (Goliath)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #21

nice to see somebody got one...

i've had mine on preorder since early january from one18th. i was told i was 11th in line when they got the first 10 in. been thinking lately about cancelling my order and just going thru tower. still be a wait either way, but at least i know tower wouldnt play favorites...

plays with toys, u got a pm.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
i like those axels, with out the servo on the front i bet the are pretty scale looking
Yes, they are pretty scale looking, especially if you grind the servo/skidplate mounting blocks off.

Quote:
Sorry, I meant what kind of differential is in the axles?
They are ball diffs. I'm suprised they don't seem to hurt traction when crawling, however I haven't done any real crawling with it just yet, just curbs and such.

Quote:
it would be very easy to mount the servo on top of the axle.
The only issue with that is clearance to the chassis. If you extend the wheelbase then the servo could be mounted on top without interfereing, or you could chop the front of the chassis off. I think I want to keep mine pretty much stock, or at least not modify it to the point where it can't be returned to stock. I just like the truck as is pretty much and don't want to ruin it. The thing may become a collector's item if PTI goes bust with this kit.
I hope they overcome their teething pains and can start producing these kits in greater numbers, but it seems a bit iffy at this point. They really have some quality control issues to overcome as well as production issues.

Quote:
the bottom of the axles need some shaving though, not round at all.
The only part that isn't round on the bottom are the skid plate mounting blocks, easy enough to shave off.

Quote:
nice to see somebody got one...
I didn't even preorder, I got lucky and picked it up on a 2nd chance offer on ebay an auction.

David
Davkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
Sorry, I meant what kind of differential is in the axles? Thats where those spools go on a TC3 anyway.

A cusotmer brought his in to the hobby store I work at and we found a lot of the electric TC3 ball diff parts were interchangeable.
rcbildr is offline   Reply With Quote