Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Associated TC3 Rally Cayenne

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Associated TC3 Rally Cayenne

Been out ouf crawling due to lack of time, just being patient and keeping up on the amazing evolution of rc crawling. So I have been spending a few minutes here and there getting my rally car up and running. Based on the TC3 as mentioned. Modded with the Rally kit (longer arms, cvd's, and modified shocks). cvd' are upgraded to aluminum and modified aluminum threaded shocks have also been added. Front and rear anti sway bars have been added. Aluminum steering from the gas touring car has been modded in but i have slight contact with the drive shaft. Inside I am running a mamba max with the 6900 brushless in it. It would be too fast with a good battery so I am running it on an oldschool 7.2. Gets a bit warm at the moment but I will be gearing down slightly. She probably hits 35 at full tilt. Definately has the power to four wheel drift on apshault. I am working out a few small issues but overall she rips.

The 200mm arms with HPI wheels ( i forget what offset but i think it was the biggest i could find) put the wheels at the right stance and fit perfectly with the body.

Wheel well #1 - getting tired of all the debris so I am making wheel wells to sheild interior and also it looks much better. You can also see the steel front shield brazed up for me ahwile back by Skippy. It has taken some hits and has done its job protecting the hard to find 200mm A-arms.

Dig the look with the wheel wells. The tires tuck in nicely at full compression.
dystance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

looks good. like the wheels. i have an old rs-4 rally that i take out and brake from time to time. do you have some body off pics?
roglum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I will have some body off shots once the wheelwells are done. I might end up tearing apart the front end to see if i can work out the issue with the bellcrank hitting the driveshaft.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
j0e
Rock Crawler

looks pretty good!
how do you like those pirelli tires?
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The tires work much better than the ones that come with the rally kit. Great on pavement and hardpack.

I just finished the first of the rear wheel wells. I will be finishing the other two now that I have the templates done. It looks so much better not seeing all of the electronics through the wells.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
j0e
Rock Crawler

^
yeah, i bet that really cleans up the look.
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
Release your anger..

Threadjack!
Do you still have pictures of your droop CFNN super? I've being looking for it.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Where do you run yours? I have an older Tamiya TL-01 rally car and other than on ashpalt, I don't have anywhere good to run it. I have tried on my off road track, but a single gumball can get it hung up.
trailduster79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailduster79 View Post
Where do you run yours? I have an older Tamiya TL-01 rally car and other than on ashpalt, I don't have anywhere good to run it. I have tried on my off road track, but a single gumball can get it hung up.
Sadly the local track is designed for your local Traxxas Slash and not your rally car. I recently bought a rally car as well and took it to my local track and sadly it is not designed for my car as well.

You can make your own track, find some fairly level dirt lots and go nuts like me.

Nice Rally car BTW
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote