Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: DF-03ra Lancia Delta Rally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default DF-03ra Lancia Delta Rally

I just finished painting up a new body for my DF-03ra and it's the Lancia Delta body. Man these Tamiya kits have lots of stickers to put on.

I did the right side first so that is not the best looking side and the left side is perfect. I might try taking off the right side and redoing it but I know it will just mess it up.... What do you think?

Left side

Center you can see how the hood stickers are miss aligned

Right side

Rear

Top you can really see how its miss aligned
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Fixed it! Got lucky and was able to pull off the stickers with out tearing them. It even now and looks better IMO

Old 06-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Here is a video of my Rally car, comments appreciated.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #4

That looks awesome! Love the new body and good job on the stickers. Here's a few tips that have helped me with Tamiya stickers.

For the tiny ones, use an x-acto knife to help place them. You can get finer control.

For the large ones (like window stickers) fill a spray bottle with some water and little bit of dish soap. Spray both the body and the sticker. This will allow you to place it and move it around a bit. Once it's in place work the water out. Be sure to get all of the water out and when it's dry you will have a perfectly placed sticker with little to no air bubbles.
Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey View Post
That looks awesome! Love the new body and good job on the stickers. Here's a few tips that have helped me with Tamiya stickers.

For the tiny ones, use an x-acto knife to help place them. You can get finer control.

For the large ones (like window stickers) fill a spray bottle with some water and little bit of dish soap. Spray both the body and the sticker. This will allow you to place it and move it around a bit. Once it's in place work the water out. Be sure to get all of the water out and when it's dry you will have a perfectly placed sticker with little to no air bubbles.
Thanks for the tip! Will the water ruin the sticky on the decals?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpster1980 View Post
Thanks for the tip! Will the water ruin the sticky on the decals?
Not at all, it will just allow the sticker to float while you position it. The key is get all of the excess water out once you've got it where you want it. I've done a few cars with this method and it has worked like a charm for me. Oh an dthe sticky-ness seems unaffected from what I can tell from the water.
Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Default nice

hellyeah like it brother i just ordered the evo 5 and my girl got the subaru hatchback it will be her first rc something we can build together and all my buddies just got theres so we have each model now anyone see the 94 castrol celica i want that body but discontinued cant wait to do an esc and brushless id like to go valenium in it just so its waterproof and it will rip got a fresh thunder power 2c 5200mah 50/100c

Last edited by TheSkunkBuster; 06-14-2010 at 11:04 PM.
TheSkunkBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkunkBuster View Post
hellyeah like it brother i just ordered the evo 5 and my girl got the subaru hatchback it will be her first rc something we can build together and all my buddies just got theres so we have each model now anyone see the 94 castrol celica i want that body but discontinued cant wait to do an esc and brushless id like to go valenium in it just so its waterproof and it will rip got a fresh thunder power 2c 5200mah 50/100c
Sweet! That Castrol Rally car looks sweet! I would build it stock and test the speed because mine is fast enough with the stock motor and ESC. I was going to put a Motiv ESC and 5700kv brushless in it but I am glad I didn't. I have also read that you can melt the rear diff using a brushless set up. Anyways post pictures when you get yours.

On a side note if you plan on running your rally car in the dirt then you will need something to stop the drit/rocks from getting into the chassis and steering. After a few runs on mine the whole chassis was full of dirt/rocks and small rocks were getting into the steering linkage and jamming things up.

So after searching I found people used to use the Dark Impact body and run it underneath the rally body. This seemed to be the best solution but alas you can not find that body anywhere on the net.

There is a company that makes breathable cloth covers for RC's to keep the dirt out but they do not make one for the DF-03ra so I made my own. It works great! and I know it's a bit ugly but when the body is on it you never notice it. It's function not looks and now I can run in to dirt and very little gets into the chassis.

Get a old nylon shirt that is breathable and make a paper template. Cut out the design and use velcro to attach it to the chassi. I used a pice of duct tape on the underside of the cloth so the drive shaft would not suck it in. Poof! Instant "Outerwers" cover made for free!

This is the outerwears for the SC10 probably way to big for the DF-03ra

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 06-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Took my car out to a sweet spot (mix of tarmac, hard packed dirt, loose dirt, & gravel) I found and put my custom "outerwear" cover to the test. I worked great! No dirt inside or rocks. It did get dusty but that is OK and a few rocks made it into the steering and suspension but that is to be expected when not on a track. I'll post a video of it soon doing the dirty deed in the dirt soon....
Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Very nice Lancia Delta matini racing.... I loved that car when it ran ....
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbyx View Post
Very nice Lancia Delta matini racing.... I loved that car when it ran ....
Thanks sir! It was one of my favorite as well. I have a bunch of DVD's that have all the old school Rally races on them...good stuff!