Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Rally Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rally Thread

I like to Rally too . Throwing roost, banging doors, jumping sedans in the air. It's a great time and only takes up a little area to design a course.
Attached Images

Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #22

We need a rally section and fast!

I just found my tt-01 and the dremell.... Time to get my rally carreer started!

Like i said before, just do it! We need more ways to share our rides with those who care about them, not enough check the misc. section, plus, i have too much time, and im almost out of 1.9 build threads to check out, so hurry up!

Edit: im up to page 102 in the 1.9 section, i wonder if we will get our rally section before i run out of threads? Any bets?

Did i mentiin that WE NEED A RALLY SECTION BADLY?!

Just do it!

Last edited by sc10 man; 06-08-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Still reading...
sc10 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #23
Suck it up!

FOFF - crawler based

Rally - not

I do like the rally stuff though, don't think I'm a hater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Rally cars are basically scale crawlers.
You're silly.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #24
Gettin’ back on the horse

Hater!
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

here is my vote with my rs4 rally with the bug eye wrx
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #26
Suck it up!

Quote:
Hater!
Don't hate the hater, hate the logic with which the purported hater hated with and such.

Furthermore, I am disturbed by the lack of bodyless rally cars. Methinks a conspiracy is at foot!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #27
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Don't hate the hater, hate the logic with which the purported hater hated with and such.
Just so we are clear. You are saying that every rig in the FOFF picture archive is solid axled and 4 wheel drive? And in the brand specific and scale crawler sections there are no rigs that have independent suspension or open differentials?

JENGA!

Quote:
Furthermore, I am disturbed by the lack of bodyless rally cars. Methinks a conspiracy is at foot!
SHHHHHH!!!!!!!
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #28
Suck it up!

Quote:
Just so we are clear. You are saying that every rig in the FOFF picture archive is solid axled and 4 wheel drive? And in the brand specific and scale crawler sections there are no rigs that have independent suspension or open differentials?
And you are saying that every rally car is solid axled with a fair amount of suspension travel and a centrally located transmission?

And have you taken your crawler like rally car to a crawler or scale comp? Did you finish mid-pack like a baws or were you hung up on your lexan bumper?

Quote:
JENGA!
Uno!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #29

Quote:
And you are saying that every rally car is solid axled with a fair amount of suspension travel and a centrally located transmission?

And have you taken your crawler like rally car to a crawler or scale comp? Did you finish mid-pack like a baws or were you hung up on your lexan bumper?

Uno!
To say that a vehicle must be solid axled and have a fair amount of suspension travel to be a crawleer is rediculous! Ever heard of a crawler with independent suspension on all 4 wheels? Its been done, and it wasnt left out of being considered a crawler. They have, in most cases, poor suspension travel. If your basing your argument on that, then you are setting yourself up for failure, because some rc rally cars i have seen have more supension travel then some
crawlers with independent suspenion.

Just because they have rock hard suspension and go fast doesnt mean they are not crawlers, it just means that they are crawlers that have been built and addapted to work better on a different type of course then on the rocks. They are still crawles, in their own special way, just like foff rigs.

Hater!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

You've got my vote!

My Savvy Avvy uses a Rally car front end for independent suspension, and it's considered pretty darn scale. The entire Front End was scavenged from an HPI RS4 EVO.

Also, my RS4 based rally cars can easily have an AX10 Locker thrown in the diffs and I've got locked 4WD to go crawling (probably more capable than the tamiya cc01) and my Tommi Makinen EVO IV is more scale looking than my custom 2.2 TTC Tube Chassis "Scaler".

All FOFF is here for is because a few guys had some extra AX10 axles lying around, some paddle wheels and brushless motors, and started making somewhat scale looking versions of the 1:1 vehicles. I don't hate on them, but it is a good argument for why we should include the rally subsection.

Is it that there aren't enough build threads in the Misc forum to get moved over? I figured by now it would have happened. We have so much knowledge and talent on this forum, having a subforum for rally could prove to spread more of that knowledge and talent (and to the people that run this forum: more subscribers mean more ad clicks and more paid subscriptions, and more people to look into other aspects of Scale RC.)
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
You've got my vote!

My Savvy Avvy uses a Rally car front end for independent suspension, and it's considered pretty darn scale. The entire Front End was scavenged from an HPI RS4 EVO.

Also, my RS4 based rally cars can easily have an AX10 Locker thrown in the diffs and I've got locked 4WD to go crawling (probably more capable than the tamiya cc01) and my Tommi Makinen EVO IV is more scale looking than my custom 2.2 TTC Tube Chassis "Scaler".

All FOFF is here for is because a few guys had some extra AX10 axles lying around, some paddle wheels and brushless motors, and started making somewhat scale looking versions of the 1:1 vehicles. I don't hate on them, but it is a good argument for why we should include the rally subsection.

Is it that there aren't enough build threads in the Misc forum to get moved over? I figured by now it would have happened. We have so much knowledge and talent on this forum, having a subforum for rally could prove to spread more of that knowledge and talent (and to the people that run this forum: more subscribers mean more ad clicks and more paid subscriptions, and more people to look into other aspects of Scale RC.)
I can only speak for myself, but most of the misc. Section things i see are drift, so rally build threads would seem out of place. Thats why im not doing a build thread for my tt-01 touring to rally conversion.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

It's misc. it wouldn't be out of place. I've been googling anything on rc rally past couple of nights. I really want to get a car so I'm trying to find the best info and best deals online on parts/kits. I saw some guy on another forum from awhile ago say he was working on a forum. But nothing came of it.
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

I still say a sub-forum in the misc section is probably the right move. Consolidate the information we have, and keeps it a little more organized. We could have a picture thread, track thread, etc as stickies, info on finding parts for discontinued cars, whatever.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #34
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
I still say a sub-forum in the misc section is probably the right move. Consolidate the information we have, and keeps it a little more organized. We could have a picture thread, track thread, etc as stickies, info on finding parts for discontinued cars, whatever.
Agreed.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post

I second this motion with extrem enthusiamsum. I just wish a mod could tell us if they like the idea or if its best to just leave rally fans in the misc. section
Old 06-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #36
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc10 man View Post
I second this motion with extrem enthusiamsum. I just wish a mod could tell us if they like the idea or if its best to just leave rally fans in the misc. section
The more interest that is shown, and the more threads there are for rally cars, the better your chances of getting a sub-forum. They aren't going to make one for three guys who drive their little cars in the dirt and feel they deserve somewhere special to talk. Not that that is the case...I'm just saying.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #37
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
... Throwing roost, banging doors, jumping sedans in the air.
The only time people bang doors with you is at the start...then it's just a matter of hoping you overheat so we can catch you

Jason has said before that he has thought about a Rally section. I still think sub-forums of this section is the best idea.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

I have two rally cars now. I bought those cars becuase of RCC. I learned about rc rally here and continue to follow the treads here. I would love to see a rally subforum.

I'm just waiting for the new XV-01. There is alot more than just three guys talking about rally on here. Alot of us are lurkers. Just like with the crawling threads, lurkers make up better than 50% of the views without ever posting. IF there was a dedicated sub-forum it would definetly bring more business to RCC.

Obviously TURTLE should be the MOD.
seabeejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

rally

rally car that drifts
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Here's mine, for on-road use.

I love those tires by the way, great price, phenomenal grip compared to stock and long lasting.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rally Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rallypro Amsterdam Rallysprint Rally 2010 rally video EeePee Chit Chat 63 05-16-2014 08:23 AM
New Traxxas Rally: 1/16th Rally Car Szczerba Chit Chat 20 10-05-2010 10:26 PM
Greek Acropolis Rally (WRC Rally) FJONES007 Outside the US 1 07-16-2009 06:24 AM
not really a build thread more of a upgrade thread... dragit Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 07-02-2009 10:11 PM