Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: RC Rally Legends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #61
Gettin’ back on the horse

Default Re: RC Rally Legends

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Holiday.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Turtle,
Happy Holidays to you and yours as well, even though now I'm going to spend mine wishing I had a stratos
poomwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #63
waw
Quarry Creeper

happy holidays ya'll.. and have a merry one this year....
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Sound like Beasty Boys... No rally to christmass.. yeah right
slegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #65

Can't remember if these got posted somewhere else or not so, a few new bodies from the Legends.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

the audi is incredible
doudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

we need to find out how to get some of those mini flag banner things (in the background of a pic on the first page of this thread).
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #68

Such beautiful cars!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

the bodies are great .. a bit overprices but stronger than I thought .. the chassis is the same as exceed , made by exceed and rebadged , I had one and went back and forth with the us dirtibuter on everything .. it is an exceed and all exceed parts and alum/carbon upgrades fit.. and if your going brushed its great im sure .. but by far the worst rally chassis I have ever had compared to any .. ANY other rally chassis ..great wheels and tires and body though
going2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #70

What was wrong with the platform itself for rally? They have some all steel spider gear diffs for these cars now that are far better then the stock ball diffs. Plus the price of the bodies is really good, it costs 50-60 for a Tamiya or MR body whereas Rally Legends sells these for around 33.00 and painted bodies for 60.00.

On top of that Rally Legends RC really stands behind rally, and exceed or not they are innovating the hobby for all of us. Stronger parts and love of rally= good in my book.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I'm with Ty on this, regardless of if it is made by exceed or not, the guys making these are focused on rc rally, and it shows. The platform itself is pretty much ready to go, and as shown in this thread, it really doesn't take much to get these on the track. I would even say less than some other platforms that are designed for rally.

BTW, I just picked up a Tamiya body to match my 1:1 for $35 shipped, but it isn't one of the ones with light buckets and crazy spoilers, etc. Generally they are around the $50 shipped range. The price of these bodies is hard to beat especially for something rally focused.

Now, I just wish there were better interior/drivers/inner bodies. Of course there is the HPI stuff, but I'd like to see some rally interiors with the co-driver lower than the driver, etc...

Last edited by monkeyracer; 01-25-2014 at 09:08 PM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

I had the kit and like I said .. the bodies are great but the chassis are crap .. all the hubs crsap out .. chassis dosnt have a lot of clearance {because its an onroad chassis} front control arms break a lot ,c hubs are shit ..spur gear is to soft , the upper brace is a joke and lets the rear flex to much causing the bearings and spur gear to strip out .

so after running all stock and replacing with quality {lol} stock or stock alum upgrades I modded it to work for me

cut tabs off bottom of chassis to get the travel and ground clearance it needed to even come close to any of the other new chassis out there

cut c hubs {well grinded stock and alum ones } to have the clearance to travel in between the control arm opening

team associated spur gear

modded some hpi rear hubs to fit

hpi turn buckles and front stearing hubs

jbwelded all srew holdfor top plate and re drilled to spec {stock plastic is to soft and wont last long

waterproof savox servo and vxl brushless system

all this and it was still crap .. only thing I would buy from them is there insain tires .. best rally tires out there
Old 01-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

I keep seeing all these posts on facebook about new bodies and such coming from rally legends... Anybody know when those products will come to the US?
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:26 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvrc View Post
I keep seeing all these posts on facebook about new bodies and such coming from rally legends... Anybody know when those products will come to the US?
I contacted them after seeing the Lancia Fulvia, and they were expecting the Audi & Lancia bodies, at first, by the end of Jan. Got an update about a week ago, and it looks like the end of Feb now. I can only guess that, realistically, we'd see them domestically around March? Maybe?
turbodan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Been awhile since I've been over here in the Rally section but I have to chime in.

The Rally Legends cars are just fine, I've owned two and just recently sold one due to lack of Rally in my area. It's not an XV-01 but what is? (I also have one of these)

The biggest problem I had with the Legend was the stupid ball diff. Now if it's true that metal gear diff's are available, I'll be making the switch soon on my remaining "Legends".

There is not a RTR vehicle in any RC discipline that doesn't need better & more durable parts once it starts getting used. Heck, if one were to browse the XV-01 threads, you would find alot of hop ups being done for what is arguably the best platform out there.

Let's not rag on the Rally Legends cars, let's just tinker & tune like we all love to do and make them more competitive.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

havnt had to do anything with my two hpi rs4 rally's .. only mod was the slipper clutch.. runs just as good as xv-01 anyday
Old 02-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2fast View Post
havnt had to do anything with my two hpi rs4 rally's .. only mod was the slipper clutch.. runs just as good as xv-01 anyday
Thats pretty crazy! We have had two RS4 rally cars in our club, both broke multiple times during races and practice. I think the longest I have ever seen one run is a couple minutes. On top of that yeah they were a good car back in the day, but realistically they can't hang with the XV-01, nothing can, the sealed differentials and front motor design have taken care of that. Its not a matter of tuning, just that the front motor design and sealed diffs can't be toped by a open diff rear motor rally car, the handling is night and day different.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #78
Pebble Pounder

you are right .. it is night and day .. xv-01 nose dives everywhere while rs4 sails ,longer travel,with the reedy 3300 and cstle sv3{very light on both counts } and a lipo in it its very well balanced.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

I had an rs4 rally back in the day, and it spent more time on the shelf in pieces than in the dirt. Yeah the xv01 might be a little nose heavy, but if you're taking it off unscale jumps that's why. Real rally cars hardly leave the ground more than a foot for a split second. The rs4 rally is basically the stadium truck with shorter arms, so yeah it can fly a little better but the tamiya is built from the ground up to be a dedicated rally chassis.

Last edited by DAHSEHONDA; 02-04-2014 at 08:23 PM.
DAHSEHONDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAHSEHONDA View Post
Real rally cars hardly leave the ground more than an inch or two for a split second.
Hmm...you should watch some WRC Finland videos. It's more like a foot or two...or even four at times. I had the RS4 Rally as well and it was a fun little car. You can't beat the details and low prices of the Rally Legends though!
cbp27 is offline   Reply With Quote

RC Rally Legends - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rj speed legends mtnbiker93 Non Crawler RC's 32 09-17-2014 11:24 AM
Rallypro Amsterdam Rallysprint Rally 2010 rally video EeePee Chit Chat 63 05-16-2014 08:23 AM