Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Just got my wr8 flux, looking for wheels/tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Just got my wr8 flux, looking for wheels/tires

Hey guys, just picked up my wr8 and I'm looking for some wheels and tires for it. I am not familiar with touring car/ rally car wheel sizes so I'm hoping someone can fill me in. I'm looking at the tamiya block rally tires(when the hell are we going to get some more offroad rally tires?) but I am not sure what my wheel options are. The tamiya wheels seem to be hard to find(locally anyways), so what else will fit? Thanks,

-Matt
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Just got my wr8 flux, looking for wheels/tires

Aaaaand it's broken, rear bearing carrier. Is this a common issue or a fluke? It never fails with a new rc, always have to figure out the bugs.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
Gettin’ back on the horse

Tamiya rally block tires have a much lower profile then the stock dirt tires. The HPI WR8 is a bit of wild card. It is the only car (I am aware of) of its particular scale. Also the Tamiya touring cars wheels, specifically the rally wheels are a narrower offset then the WR8 1.9 wheels. Basically I think you are pretty much stuck with the tires and wheels HPI offers for the WR8 at this time.

You could use the Tamiya rally block tires with the WR8 dirt wheels, but it will probably look a little funny. For me a big part of RC rally is the scale appeal, personally I would have a hard time running anything but the stock tires and wheels simply for the appearance factor.

The dirt wheels for the WR8 are 1.9s in size, the tarmac tires mount on a 2.2 wheel I believe. Currently the tires and wheels of both styles are available, but you may have a tough time finding them locally. The internet is your friend. Good luck it is a beautiful car, just kind of an odd ball when it comes to size and the parts it uses... Not that there are not a few other odd ball sized rally cars out there. Hopefully one day there will be some universal sizes for the larger cars like the 10th scale rally cars on the market.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I like the scale look, there is no way in hell I am cutting the body to fit a bigger tire as some friends have suggested. I have no problem ordering parts it's just that even online there isn't much selection. The rally block tires are the most aggressive tires I could find, do you have any other suggestions?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Gettin’ back on the horse

Get these wheels:
HPI WR8 Rally Off Road Wheel 48x33mm White 2pcs 107881 | eBay

And these tires:
HPI Racing WR8 Rally Off Road Tire 2 HPI WR8 Rally Flux HPI107870 New SEALED | eBay

Then sipe and groove the poop out of them.

Someone on ebay has these listed for the WR8 as well, but it sounds like they require a little bit of modification.

4X 1 8 Off Road Wheels Tires for HPI Ken Block WR8 Fiesta Rims Wheel Tire Rim BK | eBay
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Will do, thanks for the tips. I never really thought about siping/grooving them...No different than a crawler tire I guess.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Look for HPI Super Nitro parts....Hers a link to my thread... Ken Block Rally Car by HPI
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Hpi 4475 tires. They are a 2.2 that will fit on the rally wheel. I bought a set of these for mine but sold the car before I mounted them.
matgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I see there is two offroad rubber's White and red's.

Has anyone tried them both? Differences?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Just got my wr8 flux, looking for wheels/tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rockin Rally "WR8 Flux" sally1800 Rally 45 02-09-2013 09:19 PM
Looking for a scale rally basher? Kyosho DRX VE vs HPI WR8 Flux vs Slash/Rally subspd Rally 21 11-14-2012 01:05 PM
Tamiya XV-01, HPI WR8 Flux Ken Block, or DM-1 Pro (w/rally mods)!! alexchen86 Rally 9 07-18-2012 12:14 PM