Notices

Thread: Vaterra Kemora & Kalahari

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Vaterra Kemora & Kalahari

Quote:
Originally Posted by borock View Post
I may have found the answer to the question above. I read that a associated 18 , 14 tooth pinion will work and stop the stripping. Can anyone confirm this?
I just got a Kemora and haven't ran it, so I cannot confirm anything.

I will say that the Associated pinion is bounds and leaps stronger than the stock Vaterra pinion. I have read plenty of reviews so I ordered a different pinion when I ordered the car. I ordered a Losi pinion and am thinking that it may also be too weak...

Once I destroy both the stock pinion and the Losi pinion I'll be after an Associated one. Though, I hear people have good luck with pinions from Robinson Racing
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

Have a few questions on the vaterra kemora. Do you have to reprogram the stock esc to run lipo, what is the biggest lipo 2c battery (not measurement) like 2c 5400 the esc can handle? I have tried to search for the answers but can't find them. Can anyone please help ? Thanks
borock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by borock View Post
Have a few questions on the vaterra kemora. Do you have to reprogram the stock esc to run lipo, what is the biggest lipo 2c battery (not measurement) like 2c 5400 the esc can handle? I have tried to search for the answers but can't find them. Can anyone please help ? Thanks
the esc comes from the factory set for NiMH, you'll have to follow the instructions to reprogram for LiPO. Really easy once you get the hang of it.

Capacity isn't the issue, the physical size is your limitation as long as you're staying with 2c. Highest capacity I found that fits is 2200Mah.
derycksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Any veteran rally drivers able to comment on kemoras performance against a 1/10 rally? Thinking of going 10th but not sure if its worth a new car.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
derycksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by derycksan View Post
Any veteran rally drivers able to comment on kemoras performance against a 1/10 rally? Thinking of going 10th but not sure if its worth a new car.
I too would be interested to know this. I had someone in the know tell me that the Kemora is very close width-wise to 1/10 rally cars but the wheelbase is hella short. I'm not sure about handling though?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #66
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by derycksan View Post

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Not as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
I too would be interested to know this. I had someone in the know tell me that the Kemora is very close width-wise to 1/10 rally cars but the wheelbase is hella short. I'm not sure about handling though?
The width is the same, but as you said the wheelbase is different. If I compared the Kemorra to a 10th scale car it would be most similar to the DF03Ra, but can't handle the high speeds quite as well and wants to loop out more under power.

Its still a fun little car, but if I were to have only one car it would be 10th scale.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Not as good.

The width is the same, but as you said the wheelbase is different. If I compared the Kemorra to a 10th scale car it would be most similar to the DF03Ra, but can't handle the high speeds quite as well and wants to loop out more under power.

Its still a fun little car, but if I were to have only one car it would be 10th scale.
Thanks TURTLE! That was exactly the info I was lookin for!

I wanna add that I'm now a Hoonigan enthusiast thanks to you!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

Better Gear Cover for VATERRA KEMORA & VATERRA KALAHARI Perfect Custom Fit Black

Better Gear Cover FOR Vaterra Kemora Vaterra Kalahari Perfect Custom FIT Black | eBay

Fits perfectly around the spur and pinion gears. Some trimming of the dust cover is needed though.
Bl-air is offline   Reply With Quote

Vaterra Kemora & Kalahari - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW Vaterra Twin Hammers Discussion nissan_driver24 1.9 Scale Rigs 51 01-30-2013 01:47 PM
RCP Crawler site &&&& DNA help 93'wrangler Newbie General 7 11-11-2008 03:31 PM