Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Socal rally racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #1

Default Socal rally racing

Looking for interest in true 1/10 rally racing with the 10" wheelbase not the 13" short course platform. Theres plenty of cheap platforms on the market that have awd. The TC4 is one. Just add ur electronics and motor, upgrade to rally tires and get longer shocks. The Hpi rs4 rtr is a complete set. Only mods u would need is tires and shocks. Will be based in San Gabriel Valley have a few spots to build makeshift tracks using cones. Probably do the European style where each car races one at a time against the clock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21kj...ature=youtu.be
I think this would work, in essence because to me its similar to the crawler clubs that meet up with like 20 30 guys and follow or make a trail. Once we get to a good spot we can set up cones, working clock. Start out basic and gradually make it more real with time! Once everyones time is in they will be ranked accordingly. It can be a series like maybe 4 or 5 events then start a new one. We can do dirt or concrete at each event, but probably not a mix at each event. I like the real technical tracks. More turns the better. That way we can keep it more confined and less running after ur car. Lastly its a great weightloss program. LOL! We can even pitch in for trophies if u want. So bottom line is we can go as far as the enthusiasm takes us.
fiercextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2016, 07:20 PM   #2

Default Re: Socal rally racing

Just wanna update. I know this isnt the best spot to advertise a new group, but its not a group yet just testing the waters. Anyone interested message me or just reply with ur info. I may have access to an abandoned warehouse as well so we can use that for a few races. Mixing up the type of track will make it funner as more adjustments will need to be made.
fiercextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

This sounds cool.... I pm'd you.

TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:37 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

It would be cool to get our hands on a cool timming system....

Old 03-31-2016, 03:59 PM   #5
RCP CRAWLERS

I say we use the same system as the U4RC that way we can use the same transponders
but hey Derek.... we are running the 1/9 scale rally cars are they the same dimensions?
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
I say we use the same system as the U4RC that way we can use the same transponders
but hey Derek.... we are running the 1/9 scale rally cars are they the same dimensions?
No we will just run our own class with the Kyoshos, they (tamiyas) may have different advantages and disadvantages too great to make up with time delays or advantages between the two scales on the courses.

On that note...I am going to tweak a Tamiya or a modified HPI RS4, to run in the 10th scale classes to take full advantage of my time spent and compete in the largest group. That is till we get these guys to see the "light" with these kick ass Kyoshos!!

Socal rally racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scale rally racing...! the_ghetto_rig Rally 109 10-25-2011 12:55 AM
Rally Racing and Animals fernando Chit Chat 7 10-30-2009 02:55 AM