Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Vaterra Kemora 1/14th rally car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Vaterra Kemora 1/14th rally car

In case anyone has been looking at one of these either as a rally car or just to pick up a mini, figured I'd let you all know they are well worth it. Essentially a longer wheelbase mini 8ight, the thing comes completely ready to go. Decent speed with the supplied nimh, and just rediculous with a 2s. Ill post some pics when I get a chance, but as someone who has been in the hobby for the past 15 years, and prefers kits and 10th scale to rtr's and minis, I was pretty impressed. I also have a traxxas 1/16th rally vxl and this thing performs much better. Also, if anyone picks up the kemora or kalahari, make sure to empty the stock shock water and put in some decent oil to notice a much improved ride.
-bryco
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Vaterra Kemora 1/14th rally car

Seriously, they're filled with water?!? Wow lol
FattyMcJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Gettin’ back on the horse

Vaterra Kemora & Kalahari
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

They felt like water, just taking them out of the box it seemed like spring only and they rode like an old caddy. All I had around was some axial 30wt and with that and some big bore spring cups it performed much better.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Never added the original pics, whoops! I removed most of the stickers and added some here and there to make it my own. After the first couple weeks of bashing and playing I upgraded the stock shocks to Losi Mini 8ight aluminum shocks with 40wt oil all around and what a huge improvement. I also purchased every upgrade released by Vaterra for the car, everything is a nice anno green color, but you can buy the parts for the mini 8ight which are anno'd a nice gun metal grey. I also threw some hpi hard plastic drift tires on some +6mm offset hpi rims for some drifiting fun, which was just awesome. I have a set of tamiya rally tires going on a 3rd set of rims to have all bases covered. Again, anyone thinking about picking one up, i dont think you will be dissapointed, and if you already have a 10th scale rally car you already will have spare wheels for it!

Forgot to add that in the above pic the shocks were not on, just seeing how it would look lowered all the way down while i was building the new suspension.
Updated pics coming soon, and thanks for looking!
-bryan
Old 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

That looks cool for sure!!
crawlerpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I fondled one of these cars at the lhs and i gotta say they seem pretty nice and not that small. I love my m05 Suzuki Swift but the fwd sucks ass on my track and this looks to be about the same size. Its got me thinking
chuckatruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckatruck View Post
I fondled one
FattyMcJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

chuck go for it, they're a blast, and waterproof! also, lots of the mini 8ight upgrades fit it, in addition to the stuff horizon has already released for it.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Here's a great video of the Kemora racing around an off-road track.

Vaterra 1/14 rallyross racing at Maximus RC Raceway - YouTube
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I have one and its a lot of fun. A few tips on these that I have personally done. Swap the pinion out to a good quality unit, the stock one is soft and will die fast taking out the spur gear. I swapped the shock oil out to losi 45wt and its much better. The rod ends on the shocks will get ripped out and you can lose the springs and/or the cups. I fixed this with a set of the "short" traxxas rod ends. They use up all the threads so it adds a touch of preload to the shocks. Extend the battery tray, it adds so much versatility and much cheaper battery options.

I'm not sure if its legal here to post up a link to another forum, but here is one that goes to a specific thread just on my own Vaterra Kemora. There is some tech in there as well regarding batteries, and other stuff.
Vaterra Kemora
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

hard to beat getting a rtr car at this price

Vaterra Kemora 4WD Rallycross 1 14 RTR 2 4 Rally Car w Battery Charger VTR01000 | eBay
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Just so everyone knows the Kemora is discontinued. I bought one today, have not opened it yet, and considering returning it for fear of part availability. Extremely disappointing.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
Sapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Seriously!
Phoenix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

It hasn't even been available for a year

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Phoenix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I'm hoping they're just going to re-release it with their new Spektrum gyro steering technology. Lot's of other companies are tapping into the mini market. There's Traxxas, HPI, Losi (which is under the umbrella of Horizon Hobby). I decided to keep mine, and glad I did. This thing is high quality and a lot of fun. It shares 90% of it parts with the mini 8ight. The Kemora has a longer chassis and drive shaft. The a-arms on the mini 8 are tiny bit longer, but as long as you change everthing over (a-arms, dogbones and tie rods) they are interchangable. Other then that the parts are interchangable. This is what I've gathered from RCTech, there's a Vaterra rep on that thread who has stated this. I put a 2s in the last night, and all I can say is WOW! I had to dial the throttle back, it was so over powered. It handles great. Needs some tweaking out of the box, but what doesn't. For $150 this an amazing deal. Everything from the packaging, instruction manual, the radio, and the car it self is of the highest quality. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I definitely recommend this car. If you get a chance pick one up. The electronics alone are worth $150.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
Sapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Yeah I like my kemora. If you think 2S is great try 3S... But watch the motor temps. Even if it breaks and there are no more parts out there. I'll use its guts and build something else.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Seriously its been discontinued already?? I bought mine yesterday and only really had time to bomb it up and down the street in front of my house, I was shocked with how quick and agile this car is, my lhs had lots of upgrades for it so I'll have to pick those up before they are all gone, good to know most of the mini eight parts work if I ever need something in a pinch
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote

Vaterra Kemora 1/14th rally car - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaterra Kemora & Kalahari TURTLE Rally 67 05-04-2014 03:06 PM
New Traxxas Rally: 1/16th Rally Car Szczerba Chit Chat 20 10-05-2010 10:26 PM