Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: new to rc rally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default new to rc rally

Hi all! posted in this section a few times now, but nothing to serious, just some oohs and aahs. I've always been a huge rally fan, and over here in the states that's odd to people. I've been big into slot car rally racing for quite some time now, but everybody else just wants to go in circles it seems like A friend talked me into a slash a while back, waste of money in my opinion, so I made the most of it and this summer built myself a pretty fantastic chase style rally course on some land my wife and I acquired. Initially it was more of a scaler trail for our scx10's but after so much foot traffic and some brush removal it started to look more like a Finnish forest stage! I am in the market for a vehicle that can handle this kind of stuff: mountain bike style trail with some dips and rises/ no sc jumps or anything dumb like that. What and where do I start to look at? Nobody wants to partake with me around here and the local shops are all sct all day Any points in the right direction would be great... I like the new Tamiya but would I be better off going Kyosho? I can shoot some photos of said trails this weekend if that would help. just kind of clueless on this one.

thanx and sorry for being so long winded on this one.
Dan C.
dc6287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: new to rc rally

I think you've nailed it with either the Tamiya XV-01 or the Kyosho DRX. Looking through all the threads below you would have seen they are the pick of the bunch. It would probably come down to the terrain you're driving on. Kyosho obviously bigger so can handle the rougher stuff, but the Tamiya perhaps more nimble and may be more suited to your track.

We all like pretty pictures here, so throw some up
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

IT'S ON!!! ordered up a lancia xv-o1 kit, was looking at the drx but went with the vehicle with more local support. Hopefully it won't be raining this weekend and I can get some good picks of the "forest rally" for you guys Also curious if you Colorado guys got your track sorted after the floods- I'm headed out to Loveland around Halloween and would love to hook up and do some racing! also bringing the scaler so it should be a fun trip. Hopefully pics coming soon

DC
dc6287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc6287 View Post
IT'S ON!!! ordered up a lancia xv-o1 kit, was looking at the drx but went with the vehicle with more local support. Hopefully it won't be raining this weekend and I can get some good picks of the "forest rally" for you guys Also curious if you Colorado guys got your track sorted after the floods- I'm headed out to Loveland around Halloween and would love to hook up and do some racing! also bringing the scaler so it should be a fun trip. Hopefully pics coming soon

DC
Yes Sir. The HOON470 track is back in action. It got finished up yesterday and I did about 20 laps on it. It was a little soggy, but was great. We also got a new track at The Crawl Space, have the 40th St. raceway track and another member is building a track in his yard for this coming season. The first race of our Colorado Rally Championship is October 20th if you are in the area. Otherwise post in the "interest in Rally" thread in the Colorado section and a few of us will meet you at the track.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote

new to rc rally - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rallypro Amsterdam Rallysprint Rally 2010 rally video EeePee Chit Chat 63 05-16-2014 08:23 AM
Looking for a scale rally basher? Kyosho DRX VE vs HPI WR8 Flux vs Slash/Rally subspd Rally 21 11-14-2012 01:05 PM
RC Rally CREEPINKING South Carolina 7 04-25-2011 12:56 AM
New Traxxas Rally: 1/16th Rally Car Szczerba Chit Chat 20 10-05-2010 10:26 PM
Greek Acropolis Rally (WRC Rally) FJONES007 Outside the US 1 07-16-2009 06:24 AM