Notices

Thread: Colorado Rally Championship

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Colorado Rally Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I prob could on a chart, but that is easy. Just about everyone is using the Tamia Xv-01. At the last race I think only two drivers had other vehicles.
Why not any of the bigger cars like the WR8 or the DRX VE? I saw there was a class for them originally, but it isn't around any more. Were they not popular or did they not fit on the tracks as well or?
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #62
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalry101 View Post
Why not any of the bigger cars like the WR8 or the DRX VE? I saw there was a class for them originally, but it isn't around any more. Were they not popular or did they not fit on the tracks as well or?
There was a couple reasons. One was they didn't fit the tracks very well the other was that people were bring out short course trucks with rally bodies, they were even wider and were not scale. Plus they drove... Better to a degree, but it also caused several people to complain about the tracks. Along with the fact that no two manufactures at the time made a car the same scale it was best for us to remove the class and dissolve the conflict. Several if us in the group talked about it and agreed it would be best. And it still is, we focus on 10th scale now and things are as popular as ever. We started with 10th scale and it is the primary reason the series exists.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #63

Event #4 of the 2015 Colorado Rally Championship is in the books! Our one and only stage rally event of the season and I absolutely loved it! We made a track in roughly 2.5 hours with 10 guys running around with chalk and vertical spray cans. It was roughly .5 of a mile long and we ran it 4 times, forward and backward. It had a mix of everything and definitely was a change of pace from how we usually race. Hopefully some photos pop up, but it was very cold and we all kept very busy either timing or racing on stage.

Here is how things played out yesterday.

Hopefully photos pop up soon!

-Ty
Old 12-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
There was a couple reasons. One was they didn't fit the tracks very well the other was that people were bring out short course trucks with rally bodies, they were even wider and were not scale. Plus they drove... Better to a degree, but it also caused several people to complain about the tracks. Along with the fact that no two manufactures at the time made a car the same scale it was best for us to remove the class and dissolve the conflict. Several if us in the group talked about it and agreed it would be best. And it still is, we focus on 10th scale now and things are as popular as ever. We started with 10th scale and it is the primary reason the series exists.
That makes complete sense. I figured the track size thing was part of the reason. Looking at the pictures it is clear that a bigger car would be awfully tight on your tracks. I didn't think about the SC thing, but it doesn't surprise me at all. People think SC trucks are the answer to everything these days. I didn't notice in your new rules...do you still run a class for HPI Mini Trophies?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalry101 View Post
.do you still run a class for HPI Mini Trophies?
We do not. After they discontinued the truck that class dissolved all on its own. Our rule has always been 5 vehicles make a class, last year we still had it as one of the classes. But we would have between 1 and 3 vehicles and that was at only a couple of the events, most of the time we didn't have any. That class was a ton of fun when it begin, really for the first two years we ran the series, they all handled like crap, so it was always anyones race.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
We do not. After they discontinued the truck that class dissolved all on its own. Our rule has always been 5 vehicles make a class, last year we still had it as one of the classes. But we would have between 1 and 3 vehicles and that was at only a couple of the events, most of the time we didn't have any. That class was a ton of fun when it begin, really for the first two years we ran the series, they all handled like crap, so it was always anyones race.
I can understand that. I have a Mini Trophy and it is a lot of fun, but you don't buy it for the way it drives. It is just an awesome looking truck though. I also have a DRX VE, which is why I was asking about the bigger cars.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #67

Group B series standings after 4 events.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:11 PM   #68

Group B standings after 8 events. Just two more events left in the season and the chance to win some of the great prizes from our sponsors.

Thanks again to Tamiya USA, Rally Legends, The Crawl Space, R2J Customs, Vanquish Products, Castle Creations, RC4WD and RCCrawler.com.

All you have to do to be part of these great sponsor products giveaways is come out and race! For every race you attend you will get a raffle ticket. Tickets will be drawn at event #10.

* Must be present at raffle to win prizes.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:25 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

So since you guys seem to have one of the bigger rally groups out there, what's the general consensus on tires? Which ones seem to work the best? I've only ever ran the hpi pirellis or the tamiya rally blocks, are any of the other tires worth trying?
JpSonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

The rally legends tires are nice. I've become a huge fan of them over the past few months. They won the ice race this year, and I've been in the semi finals with them at both Hoon and 40th street.
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #71

As for me I like the tamiya rally blocks for the loose, but I do open up the tread by removing some rubber. For hard pack or Tarmac I really like the ARP tires.

Colorado Rally Championship - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 RC4WD Southwest Scale Championship April 25-27 War Pig Scale Nationals 149 05-12-2014 08:32 AM
Colorado Rally Championship 2014 TURTLE Colorado 193 04-13-2014 12:56 AM
RC4WD Southwest Scale Championship - May 2-4, 2014 - Cedar City doublej Nevada 1 08-28-2013 02:12 PM
Colorado Rally Championship 2013 TURTLE Colorado 307 05-31-2013 09:36 AM
Colorado Rally Championship 2012 TURTLE Colorado 558 07-12-2012 08:54 PM