Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: My Rally Legends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #1

Default My Rally Legends

Hello everybody,

been here couple of months reading the threads. Wanted to show you my car. I got it last winter and it was alot of fun running it in the snow. I bought it with the Lancia 037 body since I love that car. I paid like 248$ cnd from the UK. It was on special. Its the older kit with ball differentials and cut out chassis. The new ones come with metal differentials and closed chassis.

Anyways I upgraded pretty much everything lol. I did carbon suspension towers, full aluminum hubs front-back, sway bars, metal differentials. I also swapped the motor for a Castle 4600kv and SW3 esc. Lipo 2S. It is really fast now and blast to run. I got all my spare parts from Nitrorcx.con since they use the same exceed chassis and the prices are 3 times less than rallylegendsrc.com.

Here are some pics of the original body in the snow. Really took a beating and cracked in several places. I repaired with shoogoo and fiberglass tape so I keep that body for bashing around. Lexan doesn't like sub zero temperatures lol.

I studded my tires to have more grip since the big parking lot where I work was really icy. very good traction after that. My coworkers were sliding all over the place with their buggies lol.
You can also see the chassis lid cover in this pic. This is a must if you run in snow or dirt. keeps the chassis clean inside.

The studs are a bit longer than that usually. I made the mistake to run on asphalt a little bit and it used up the studs very fast.

Last edited by ferrarista; 07-25-2015 at 03:47 PM.
ferrarista is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #2

Default Re: My Rally Legends

here are some pics of the mods

Swaybars and aluminum hubs

Metal gear differentials. Very good improvement!!

Carbon chassis subframes

Carbon shock towers

This is an older pic when I had the oem motor and battery. Carbon stress bar. They also make them in aluminum and they do help with handling.

Last edited by ferrarista; 07-25-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #3

Last week I finished painting my new body. Its the Ford Focus WRC Martini.
The body is from HPI and its 200mm. I also got the tamiya wheels to match. Not bad for my first time painting a body.
I used the Tamiya colors as I find the fluorescent red nicer than the hpi darker red.

Colin McRae in action

Last edited by ferrarista; 07-25-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #4

Next up will be the new Lancia 037 body from Rally legends. I bought it directly from Italy.
Much better proportions and details compared to the older one.

Decided to do a replica of the first year Lancia 037 Abarth with the BBS 3 piece wheels.

I decided to use strong magnets to hold the body. Waiting for the shoegoo to dry and then will post some pics.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #5

Here is the new body in all its glory! This one will be a show queen. I will only run it in clean parking lots.

I glued the magnets with shoegoo. Front is the ABC magnet kit and the back is an aluminum stealth mount you can buy on ebay. The magnets are really strong. The body will never slide off.
One could even use this setup for bashing.

Here is the overvall setup. I also added today a hitech 12kg all metal servo. So much better than the weak stock servo.

Nice fat tires. 31mm hpi race vintage tires in the back with Tamiya 2 piece BBS wheels.

Last edited by ferrarista; 07-26-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:33 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Really Really Nice Car, You could use finetip sharpie to colour out the solid golden blocks between the bbs's spokes
CheapTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:02 AM   #7

Thanks! Good idea about the sharpie. I could also use those touch up pen for cars with fine tip.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

sharpie will leave a off purple ish kind off look .. paint pen is best
and good luck withthis chassis . a lot of parts are cheaper threw exceed as they make this car to begin with . they have a lot of alum hop ups ..at half the cost . I loved this car at first but it did not hold up well at all ... everything wore out fast and all plastic around bearings melted after a few mnth .
going2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

03C806 Exceed 1/10 EP MadSpeed Drift Car Spare Parts same car .. not a copy ..same . rally legends buys from them
going2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #10

Yes like I said in my first post, I buy all the spares from Nitrorcx.com since its the same chassis. The parts cost 3 times less than rallylegendsrc.com. I saved alot of money.

I have all the hop ups installed. Apart from the ball diffs that exploded after I went brushless, everything else has been ok. Changed some bushings, ball studs, some bearings. When one of the plastic C-hubs broke I went full aluminum after and no problem with the hubs ever since. I've been running it since december. No problems with the chassis yet. If it does melt around the bearings , a new one is just 10$ so no problem. All the bearings I added a ceramic lube to help with lubrication so I guess they tend to run cooler.

Last edited by ferrarista; 07-28-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #11

Great stuff man. I just went to Nitrorcx.com to check it out. Nothing to indicate what parts are recommended for the legends rally. Any chance you can spend some time and do a parts listing? I will be upgrading shortly myself so need this. Cheers.
ScottyRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2fast View Post
03C806 Exceed 1/10 EP MadSpeed Drift Car Spare Parts same car .. not a copy ..same . rally legends buys from them
Is everything on that page compatible with the legends rally?
ScottyRE is offline   Reply With Quote

My Rally Legends - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Rally Legends TURTLE Rally 94 10-27-2017 06:40 AM
Rally Legends everlast Rally 12 02-25-2014 07:27 PM
Rally Legends RC Body on XV-01? Ell206 Rally 2 02-26-2013 07:37 AM