Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Where are the rally options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Where are the rally options?

Picking up a rally for my son but things look rather slim these days as more chasis go discontinued. What do you guys recommend? Mainly for tarmac and hard packed dirt.

Options seem limited to the following:

Xv01 (no more pro?!?)
Hpi wr8 (a bit more than i want to spend)
Drx ve (disco but can still find)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
derycksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Where are the rally options?

Another (cheap) option is the Losi mini 8ight rally. I picked one up a few months ago. I believe the entire mini 8ight line might be getting phased out though, based on the blowout prices ($129 for the rally version.) It's just a rebranded Vaterra Kemora with a crappier esc and rx/tx. I've actually been pretty pleased with the car, but the chassis is a bit too flimsy, fortunately, Exotek makes both a top plate and chassis pan for it and mini 8ight buggy swaybars go right on.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Tacon Ranger, it's an off-brand and an odd scale (1/12) but it is much better spec'd out of the box than the Losi. From what I've gathered, it is the same wheelbase as the mini 8ight truggy but the width of the buggy, and many of the Losi parts are interchangable.

I also that Tower had some Kyosho Fazer VE-X's in stock a couple weeks ago.

I don't know how these cars stack up against others, but thought I'd mention some more options I'd come across.

Last edited by TheLetterJ; 12-07-2016 at 01:33 PM.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Another (cheap) option is the Losi mini 8ight rally. I picked one up a few months ago. I believe the entire mini 8ight line might be getting phased out though, based on the blowout prices ($129 for the rally version.) It's just a rebranded Vaterra Kemora with a crappier esc and rx/tx. I've actually been pretty pleased with the car, but the chassis is a bit too flimsy, fortunately, Exotek makes both a top plate and chassis pan for it and mini 8ight buggy swaybars go right on.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Tacon Ranger, it's an off-brand and an odd scale (1/12) but it is much better spec'd out of the box than the Losi. From what I've gathered, it is the same wheelbase as the mini 8ight truggy but the width of the buggy, and many of the Losi parts are interchangable.

I also that Tower had some Kyosho Fazer VE-X's in stock a couple weeks ago.

I don't know how these cars stack up against others, but thought I'd mention some more options I'd come across.
Thanks, had a vaterra kimora (losi rally a rebrand) and while it was fun, looking for a larger scale. I saw the fazer and like the 250 price tag but didnt sound like a good platform and parts will probably be an issue in the future.

Think im leaning towards the hpi. Seems to meet what i want, just a little more dough than what i want to spend, but towers no tax and cupon codes make it easier to swallow.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #4

Don't forget about the MST XXX-Rally. While I have no experience with this one, the few MST vehicles I've seen in person appeared to be very high quality, and their owners were pleased.

The HPI is bigger than the 190mm touring car size, which will limit body choices.

Even with the Pro kit being discontinued, the XV-01 is a great choice. You have to drive one to understand just how good it is. If you drive one, you will buy one.
Blaster 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster 75 View Post
Don't forget about the MST XXX-Rally. While I have no experience with this one, the few MST vehicles I've seen in person appeared to be very high quality, and their owners were pleased.

The HPI is bigger than the 190mm touring car size, which will limit body choices.

Even with the Pro kit being discontinued, the XV-01 is a great choice. You have to drive one to understand just how good it is. If you drive one, you will buy one.
I own a few MST (drifts and crawler)and personally dont care for their non vip versions.

Went ahead and ordered one of the tacons for the boy and saved some $$ so an xv01 soon for me

Where are the rally options? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Rally Pro 4 + Traxxas rally wheels jeepgeek2002 Rally 1 01-05-2015 06:10 AM
Rallypro Amsterdam Rallysprint Rally 2010 rally video EeePee Chit Chat 63 05-16-2014 08:23 AM
rally options 7echo Rally 28 05-16-2013 06:13 PM
Looking for a scale rally basher? Kyosho DRX VE vs HPI WR8 Flux vs Slash/Rally subspd Rally 21 11-14-2012 01:05 PM
Greek Acropolis Rally (WRC Rally) FJONES007 Outside the US 1 07-16-2009 06:24 AM