Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Dough Boy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Dough Boy

Hello! Everyone meet my new friend Dough Boy! He's an AE pro sc 4x4...soon to be a pro rally... He came with everything i needed except for a body! Which is quite alright with me! He's soo aggressive i don't know which body will suit him...i like him just the way he is...but he can't go around naked!

Please... welcome him into the world of rally with me. We have a lot to teach him.

Sent from my LGAS375 using Tapatalk
kongluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Dough Boy

Proline will do you right (wheels not included)
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Where did you find those hexes?! I can't find Any...
Does anyone make 17mm adapters for the pro sc or know of some that will fit? The shafts are too big to fit trx ones...

If you've driven a slash with the vxl3s...i can tell you they are on 2 totally different planets. My 2wd would burn up motors with stock gearing... This thing is 4wd i can run a whole pack through it(hard) and it's just near 160* I've burned up vxl's in touring cars! I'm going to gear it down a little...bout 3th...

It has good brakes...i got up enough speed to make it do a nose stand! Tons of steering... Rotates and if you're used to driving really fast...it's controllable...very controllable and nimble for it's weight and wheelbase... The shocks dont have bleeder caps...but i already had a set of RC8BE shocks lying around...and they have some. The shock shafts are a whopping 5mm...i love the suspension...but tire choice is going to be an issue....especially since I've been searching the net for a few days and cant find 17mm hub adapters. I have some proline buggy big blox and banditos even SC8E wheels...none will fit...neither do 2.2s

Body wise this is dough boy. True blue...he needs an american body...only thing out there is a ford focus. This is a rally car i dont want to put a truck body on it...but may have too for now...

Last edited by kongluc; 05-28-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something
Old 05-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

After a comparison in c ratings this mornig and trying out the smaller th gear i wanted...

1. Either the motor mount needs to be replaced or it just won't hold a gear that small...

After a kooldown...

2. Ran my 2s 500pmah 65c (before it started warming up this mornig) i ran it a little harder...more time at higher speeds and got a final temp of about 173* right at voltage cutoff.

3. Ran my 2s 5000mah 40c battery with the same to similar rigors...it produced a 159* temp at voltage cutoff...with no lack in performance.

3.1. I wouldn't feel comfortable running on 3s given the circumstances...

4. It takes battery adjustments quite well and the characteristics in handling are very noticeable...

5. The stock servo saver had a lot of slop in it..creating a lot of front end wobble and more of a struggle for traction when steering. So i replaced it with an aluminum servo arm with no servo saver...for some reason none of my vehicles have them...
It didn't completely stop it but its much less...maybe my bearings will last longer...

Last edited by kongluc; 05-29-2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 06-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

After a full 2s 65c pack on tarmac today i had a motor temp of 85* and an esc temp of 75*...now im ready for 3s....i guess the excessive heat was bc i was running in grass...even though it was cut...

Old 06-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Today's drive on tarmac provided more realistic numbers as it was wet yesterday...today it was dry and the sun is out!

Got a motor temp of 140* and esc temp of 119*...

I took a file to that motor mount...now it has a nice gap...though i don't think I'll be able to stick that 11th pinion in there...i ordered a 12th along with a new 3s

I also ordered a body, and wheels'n'tires...I'll get the swaybars next time

Old 06-05-2017, 11:09 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Got my new pinion, body, and onroad wheels.

My SMC 90c 3s should be here tomorrow, along with my gt3b receivers

Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

This thing is a total blast to drive! I really wish there was a front one-way but other than that it's on-point...love the reedy throttle curve. It's more fun to drive on 2s as i guess it's more tuned for racing... I hope when i change out controllers i don't lose any "performance" from factory. The stock controller has crappy range, nd it uses 6 AA's wtf!

Receiver's just sittin there waiting to go in...

Old 07-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Wow! I did change out controllers and did not loose Any performance. But once i had taken the controller out, i was taking the battery out and the battery tray fell out! Revealing a plug! I think my reception problem was due to the extremely cheap batteries that were in there. I'm also going to call AE about my problem and ask them a few questions...i asked on FB about it and got goid feedback about the controller! So maybe a good tx pack will do some justice!

The controller has great features...pretty much all you need if you know how to set-up controllers correctly...just wish it had multi-rx capabilities... But i've got a GTB3 for that...

going to do some more testing today...i "thought" it handled great before..then a few days ago i noticed why my body mounts were tilted...i thought it was bc the previous owner left it in a corner; as he'd said he'd not driven it in months..but the gearbox cover; which the shocktower is mounted to was cracked soo bad i don't know how it held up. But it's replaced now, and this will be my first drive on dry tarmac with all my suspension modifications.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

After figuring out my front diff troubles... I added 1M wt fluid to them since there are no ball diffs available for this kit. Finally got my body...

I think it turned out pretty well. Really starting yo look like a pro rally car...

Old 08-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

looks like you spent some time on it, "thumbs" wing looks a little out of proportion (to big) to me. could be picture angle.
BoulderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderDan View Post
looks like you spent some time on it, "thumbs" wing looks a little out of proportion (to big) to me. could be picture angle.
That's the wing that came with the body. I just added 10mm height extensions to it.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:44 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

New wheels

Sent from my SM-J327R7 using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Can't see them!
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:20 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Better? I was showing the off-set...

Old 09-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Carbon

Old 10-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

The shocks are some old trx bigbores with NOS Integy tuned spring assortment and dual-staged pistons

Dough Boy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
oh boy oh boy oh boy Chappy4o New Mexico 4 05-20-2010 09:21 PM
Pics of my low dough TLT tommyboy Tamiya TLT Crawlers 22 08-26-2006 09:31 AM