Notices

Thread: Issues with new XV-01, hoping for advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
r3x

Default Issues with new XV-01, hoping for advice

Hi guys

So to make a long thing shorter;

I have a df-03, had it for 2 years, it just runs.

I thought id upgrade and get a xv-01 - i built this with a friend, and then we took it out for a spin.

During this, it got clogged up so insanely much that i couldnt believe it. Stones in the steering linkage, etc etc etc.. it was almost undriveable; compared to the df-03, it was just ..bad.

Then we noticed that the top of the steering knuckles (or rather the link on top, dont know what you call them) actually scraped on the top of the inside of the stock rims; Maybe we assembled it wrong, but i cant really see that we did; this eventually turned into the car self losening (im guessing) the actual link, so the whole thing opened, flipped my car in mid drive and i lost a knuckle.

Now, i LOVE this car, the way it handles etc. But it feels weirdly incomplete, and rather annoying that all these minor things are in play.

So - can anyone here give me some links/advices on what to buy/do, in order to just get the xv-01 to be a solid, fun car, with minimum maintenance and maximum reliability ?

I mean, there must be some things i can do to fix all of the above, and possibly some things i just should do in general as it will enhance the whole experience?

Im hoping for some fast answers, as im leaving for holiday in a weeks time, and i want to get this sorted out so i can bring it with me!

- Sidenote/question:

On my DF-03 i was running a cirtix club stock race motor and esc. Its been doing fine so far, but ofcourse on the virgin drive of the new xv-01, this died. I like the speed of it on 7.4v - in the xv-01, ive put a velineon (on 7.4) - would it be too slow to consider putting in the traxxas esc from the f-150 + the motor from the xv-01 kit?

And if yes, what is the cheapest motor / esc combo that fits in this car, that someone might be able to recommend?

- last note:

Ive read some of the turtle thread, but not all of it: its a daunting task but im chewing through it. Im still hoping someone can help me with some shortcuts on what to do here as time is a bit of a pressure!

- Thank you!
r3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Issues with new XV-01, hoping for advice - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bought 2 RTR TH's - both have issues. Need advice please apextrans Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 12-29-2014 08:14 PM
Issues with a new Honcho. ADVICE NEEDED MattNorSCX10 Axial SCX-10 4 01-05-2014 07:20 PM
Soldering Issues need some advice WestTxRc Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 11 11-01-2011 02:54 PM
Classic CK Issues, advice? HarrisinFord HPI Wheely King 2 07-20-2010 07:22 AM
Suspension issues - need expert advice! maccasvanquish 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 03-20-2008 10:26 AM