Notices

Thread: Bubba02STi’s Traxxas Rally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2019, 11:35 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Bubba02STi’s Traxxas Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Not sure on part numbers since my Rustler 4x4 VXL came this way, but here's link to look up the parts via exploded view or parts list. My Rustle tires work well but aren't lasting as long either, wheelies, donuts lol.
https://traxxas.com/products/models/...-vxl?t=support

BTW, the HW motor/ESC combo (very nice setup!) includes plastic ESC tray, very short countersunk 3mm screws and ESC has two holes in bottom of case to attach it to the included plate, which then screws to the chassis.

Traxxas makes different springs rates for the GTR shocks, but my reading shows that the VG Racing springs for the GTR shocks are good units and stiffer.

Also goood idea ime to put some extra grease in the big bearing next to slipper/driveshaft setup, makes them last longer especially on 3s. Nice KingHeadz motor mount!
I just ended up installing the STRC ESC aluminum plate and used some heavy duty 3m. The VG springs that I put in the stock shocks have made a huge difference.

I think I’m going to stay with the differential and get the aluminum housing. Now that I’ve put a few 3s packs through it I’m going to tear it down and see how well it is holding up. I’ll make sure to add some extra grease to bearings. Especially after just running it through snow and dirt. We’re kind of in a blizzard right now so I have some extra time. Thanks for the compliments and advice.
Bubba02STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Bubba02STi’s Traxxas Rally - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Rally Pro 4 + Traxxas rally wheels jeepgeek2002 Rally 1 01-05-2015 06:10 AM
Traxxas 1/10 Rally DeweyCJ5 Rally 52 08-15-2013 10:35 PM
1/10 or 1/16 Traxxas Rally ethernectar Rally 6 03-08-2013 11:33 AM
New Traxxas Rally: 1/16th Rally Car Szczerba Chit Chat 20 10-05-2010 10:26 PM