Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Any winter rallying ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #1

Default Any winter rallying ?

Hi guys! While I was preparing some rigs for the winter time (well, mostly when I installed the front ski setup on my 2WD Stampede and went out to test it in fact )

I wondered if anyone ran their rally cars in winter time...

And if so, how much can it takes before it gets stuck in? (yeah I know they sit low...)

Prefer to run in snow or on ice ? (and which kind?)

Do you have a special tire set (like custom-studded ones) or just run normal sets?

Feel free to post pics and videos if you have some.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Any winter rallying ?

Tt02 is fun in driveway or some place with light snow. if you have a scrap lexan piece, make a shield for the front and underside that curves up OVER the bumper. just for bashing its a ton of fun, but snow packs up fast and faster you go. never really tried that many tires, but its a open world that route. The stock tamiya rally tires worked well, but i always wanted to make them studded or get more agressive tires.

shock oil i recomend 50CS (super thin shock fluid),, and its still a bit heavy.

if you have some pre-game time before snow, i think a spray of the entire car with some type of non-stick coating makes a helping start. (ill coat EVERYTHING, as it allows packed snow to fall off on bumps)

when the outside temp swings high then low again, the layers of packed snow/half melted are really fun to drive on.

be warned, your body of choice will suffer some beatings as lexan dosent bend well in the cold. ( scotch guard- auto bumper rock guard around body holes helps save it a little, but the stuff isnt cheap because no one sells small amounts )

when its all said and done, IMO- a rally car kicking up snow in the driveway 1/10 style is a blast, and is even more fun at night with scale lights. just dont use that rare body or one you care about, even paint falls off at really cold temps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
mprudic0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Any winter rallying ?

I scored some "matrix" tires a while back, they're taller than most 1.9 really tires. They work the best. They show up on ebay sometimes under dot matrix tires. I've driven in 1-3 inches, but had made a cover to keep everything dry.
Gula is online now   Reply With Quote

Any winter rallying ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the worst chassis for rallying? rally racer #75 Rally 9 10-03-2018 09:01 AM
Cool truck rallying video Cortina79 Chit Chat 0 01-13-2015 12:55 PM
The Evolution Of Rallying: 50 Years Sideways trucktrial Chit Chat 3 06-13-2012 07:36 PM
Rallying vipxj Rally 6 12-06-2009 09:01 PM
Since it is winter and all bugz2002 Chit Chat 5 12-20-2007 11:44 PM