I like the changes 39 21.55%
I don't care 39 21.55%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: The recent changes to Nats/worlds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #161
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I am going to post this here and add to why I do not like the changes:

Clearly the current structure is not best suited for the drivers competing in it when the competition for the National Championship can be changed seemingly on a whim and completely with out the input of the drivers contending for it. I am sure it wasn't changed on a whim, but regardless, the event is changed and it ruined the plans of dozens of people (and families) with no thought for them.

The United States will not have a U.S. Champion. Instead they will crown an international champion without ever crowning a champion for our own country. How stupid does that sound. How inconsiderate was it to change the National Championship competition after the point seasons were already completed! This is so disrespectful, arrogant, and wrong I cannot really find the words. People drove hours to get to competitions every month, invested thousands of dollars into crawlers, and dedicated there time and will in order to earn there way to the National Championship. Everyone assumed it be in Moab, Utah like it had been for previous years especially since the event coordinator (Jason) was quoted saying he would keep it there as long as he was in charge.

So apparently the event coordinator relinquished his control without letting anyone know AFTER the points series had been completed nationally. That is a total BS and a cop out. The only thing that makes sense is corporate pandering, greed, or lack of ability to get the job done in which case many clubs would have stepped up to help share the work load. The sole purpose of winning a points series is to earn your spot to the national championship competition. That is what the drivers are striving for all series long. But now the prize was changed by a few(?) people with the power to sell out the National Championship for ... a ... what did they get? Why did they do it? Why not let the entire group of competitors know this was even being considered months ago so they could quit the points series since Worlds was not what they wanted?

The disrespect that this shows is so huge and I don't understand why more people aren't mad about it. So yes, if a better organization can be founded that will discuss all events out in the open, not sell out events for corporate pandering and have better respect for the members it serves, I'm all for it.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #162
Quarry Creeper

wow what a god dam shame , i met joe and his family briefly at coles indoor comp in pittsburgh, they drove all nite to get there , he drove his ass off took first place and drove home (while snowing) . this family is dedicated and a great representative to the sport/hobby/whatever you want to call it , now everything they have been working for is done ,and some newbie is bashing them , it just sucks all around , it was nice to meet you guys , hope to compete with you guys again, i aint got much but i would totally be down with a donation toward you going to cali,

Last edited by tat2INDY; 07-19-2009 at 09:23 PM.
tat2INDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:12 AM   #163
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I am going to post this here and add to why I do not like the changes:

Clearly the current structure is not best suited for the drivers competing in it when the competition for the National Championship can be changed seemingly on a whim and completely with out the input of the drivers contending for it. I am sure it wasn't changed on a whim, but regardless, the event is changed and it ruined the plans of dozens of people (and families) with no thought for them.

The United States will not have a U.S. Champion. Instead they will crown an international champion without ever crowning a champion for our own country. How stupid does that sound. How inconsiderate was it to change the National Championship competition after the point seasons were already completed! This is so disrespectful, arrogant, and wrong I cannot really find the words. People drove hours to get to competitions every month, invested thousands of dollars into crawlers, and dedicated there time and will in order to earn there way to the National Championship. Everyone assumed it be in Moab, Utah like it had been for previous years especially since the event coordinator (Jason) was quoted saying he would keep it there as long as he was in charge.

So apparently the event coordinator relinquished his control without letting anyone know AFTER the points series had been completed nationally. That is a total BS and a cop out. The only thing that makes sense is corporate pandering, greed, or lack of ability to get the job done in which case many clubs would have stepped up to help share the work load. The sole purpose of winning a points series is to earn your spot to the national championship competition. That is what the drivers are striving for all series long. But now the prize was changed by a few(?) people with the power to sell out the National Championship for ... a ... what did they get? Why did they do it? Why not let the entire group of competitors know this was even being considered months ago so they could quit the points series since Worlds was not what they wanted?

The disrespect that this shows is so huge and I don't understand why more people aren't mad about it. So yes, if a better organization can be founded that will discuss all events out in the open, not sell out events for corporate pandering and have better respect for the members it serves, I'm all for it.
Well said. As far as why more people aren't saying anything about it, they are probably either still in shock or have come to the realization that whatever they might have to say, be it a rant or a suggestion, will get thrown to the wayside and completely ignored.

I can completely understand if and why the rcc powers-that-be are burned out on running rcc, comps, usrcca, whatever. They've been going strong for years now, and I can't blame them for wanting to do something different. However, a LOT was lost in the transition of whatever the nationals was supposed to be, to what it has turned into now.

I, along with the president of our club, busted our asses to get our member count up just to get recognized by the USRCCA. Then we jumped through changes here and there to get invites for nats, all the while not even thinking they would pull the whole thing out from under us at the last minute. My question is, when did the planning for this even start? Was it a year ago when it probably should have been? Was there some crazy issue that presented itself right at the last minute that prevented the Nats from being held in Utah? Hell, what prevented the Nats from being held period, then have the Worlds? If it was planned at Donner for X amount of time beforehand, what did Donner refuse to call anyone back until a week or two ago?

Yes, it's just a hobby. Yes, for the most part the world just views it as adults playing with "toy trucks". But you're still messing with two very important things, people's money and their families. People invest a huge amount in money just for traveling to these events. They set aside vacation time, they get rigs built up, they plan for their kids missing school, their spouse has to set aside vacation time, etc. I'm sure Badger and Jason realize the magnitude of this mess, if not at first, they do now. I realize they've probably had to sacrifice quite a bit of their own money and time with their families...which in a sense, perplexes me even more as to why this all happened the way it did. They know what it's like, do they not?

However, the same can't be said for random shitheads coming in to comment about how someone should just suck it up. Who the hell do you think you are, and who do you think you are talking to? Yes, a lot of the people here have only been here a few months or a year or so...and many have never made a part from scratch, but many have. Many have put more time and money than half of the ungrateful shits could ever imagine. The national champ and the guys who won sponsorships and now provide input to the products YOU buy, THEY are the reason newbs don't have to modify all of their shit just to make a dig, activate 4 wheel steering, cut down tires/rims, chop up a stampede tranny, etc. And you come in just to insult their lack of motivation to attend an event or participate in whatever aspect of this hobby? You may be able to talk all the shit you want on a forum, but the camaraderie, loyalty, and good-will in this hobby stretches far and wide, and you're likely to find some very cold reception at a comp once people realize who you are. My advice, stick to bashing.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #164
RCC Addict

Now im just throwing this out there. If we and I mean the ones that have voted NO, boycott , and refuse to reg and send the money this will for sure put a wrench in the plans. Yes I knwo that this suggestion will cause the locals tro have a so called "win" , but we the ones that dont go and including the top drivers that have opted not to go will know that the winners of the event will not be true winners. Also by not sending in your entry fee will cause a huge money issue with the preapproved contracts and such. And even if the event organizers flip the bill up front they WILL NOT make there money back . This is a way to show that what was done was wrong and rude.

Im far from a good driver , but I was gfoing to go to watch and support my clubs drivers. If it wasw going to happen in MOAB.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #165
RCC Addict

Moved or not, right or wrong, I am going. There is a very good chance that I will not be able to go next year. We are expecting a daughter in November, so I have to take advantage of my play time this year.

I understand that the changes were announced too late, I know that this is brutally hard on people like myself, I schedule some of my jobs months in advance, and it is way more expensive, I live in NC and was planning on driving with 2 other guys.

The conclusion, lets make the best of the cards we have been dealt. If you can not make it this year, I am sure that greater care will be taken in planning next years event.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #166
RCC Addict

For me it's the date, the comment was made that it was moved up only two weeks. I don't own my own business or work at a place where I can leave at the drop of a hat, and for most people that is the problem.

I was looking forward to going to my first nats as a spectator and support my fellow crawlers, and the people I have met at these comps. where I work at only two people can be off on a given day and the 28th has been taken, but Sept is wide open. My luck I guess.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #167
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Yeah, but where does that extra entry fee go? To the winners, the pot, or one of the staffers? Do the the LCQ guys/gals that didn't make it get the same experience? Do they get a frickin t-shirt even? All I'm trying to point out is the people that compete for the LCQ are not getting what they should for their $$$....

My advice to you would be to not go to the LCQ and show them who is boss. I am willing to try to go. Just to participate is worth the price of admission.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #168
Old guy

I don't like the way they change it this year. But next year, what if we had 3 or 4 Nationals around the country so a lot of people could afford to go. and out of those 3 or 4 Nationals drivers qualified to go to the Worlds. Wouldn't you think that is where this is going.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #169
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I don't like the way they change it this year. But next year, what if we had 3 or 4 Nationals around the country so a lot of people could afford to go. and out of those 3 or 4 Nationals drivers qualified to go to the Worlds. Wouldn't you think that is where this is going.

Going to Nats and then Worlds sounds even more expensive.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #170
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
Going to Nats and then Worlds sounds even more expensive.
x2

But you can bet that's where it's headed...
MommaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

It's all about the mighty dollar bill. I can't believe how much this has all changed in the 4 years I've been crawling.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #172
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Exactly how many nations are in this one country?
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
Exactly how many nations are in this one country?
let me see. ONE nation under god My guess just one..

regionals get entry to nationals, nationals get entry to worlds, at least that is how it works in any other sport..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #174
RCC Addict

LOL...........He got ya there RickyLMAO
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #175
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post

regionals get entry to nationals, nationals get entry to worlds, at least that is how it works in any other sport..
Your right I'm bad, I'm just saying this is where it is going. And if you can make it to the Worlds ,I'll bet there will be help from the all mighty dollar.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #176
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post

You forgot one thing ...... TEXAS. It's like a whole 'nother country.

Personally, I think we should let the government fix this.

RCC bailout FTW!

I'd actually be happy if there were 3 regional events (West, Central, East), then nationals with the top 10 from each region. That would save most people a lot of money... but it's not just about that. People are angry for other reasons and I understand their frustration. Looks like I won't be able to make it either and I'm pretty unhappy about it. Still have my fingers crossed though.

Last edited by Locked Up; 07-20-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

So, I think a question that most would like answered after all the talk of "contracts signed" is who is the current owner of USRCCA LLC, or USCRRA LLP, IDK how yall registered it, but either way what is that status? And the million dollar question is......WHO MADE THIS DECISION? Obviously the state rep's that are involved in the rules commitee had absolutely nothing to do with it considering half of them are as dissapointed and surprised as everyone else.

I think I speak for most everyone when I say/ask for clarity and answers instead of BS.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #178
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I think I speak for most everyone when I say/ask for clarity and answers instead of BS.
I'm with ya, but.. I don't think we'll ever get any definitive answers.. I think the people in charge are hiding with their tails between their legs right now in hopes that we'll all just forget about this in a couple of months...:?
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #179
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
So, I think a question that most would like answered after all the talk of "contracts signed" is who is the current owner of USRCCA LLC, or USCRRA LLP, IDK how yall registered it, but either way what is that status? And the million dollar question is......WHO MADE THIS DECISION? Obviously the state rep's that are involved in the rules commitee had absolutely nothing to do with it considering half of them are as dissapointed and surprised as everyone else.

What benefit will be realized by you knowing who signed the contracts, etc...? It will not be changed now.

I am a member of the rules commitee, I had nothing to do with it. Running events is not the task of the rules commitee.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #180
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
What benefit will be realized by you knowing who signed the contracts, etc...? It will not be changed now.

I am a member of the rules commitee, I had nothing to do with it. Running events is not the task of the rules commitee.
All he's asking for in the first part is who is/are the one(s) responsible now, that's a fair question I think. If they're man/woman enough to handle the reigns, they should be big enough to take the heat too...
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote