Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds

Notices

View Poll Results: Is it fair for the organizers to participate if they have control over the courses?
Yes 55 25.58%
No 141 65.58%
It Doesn't Matter Either Way 19 8.84%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Participation By Organizers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Participation By Organizers?

I need to preface my comments by saying that I believe there is a lot of great potential in what is happening and I mean no disrespect in asking the poll question. With things changing at such a fast pace, there are questions like this that are going to come up.

The rationale for my poll is very simple; With Jake, Parker and to a lesser degree, Fishmax (), acting as organizers for the Worlds (congrats, btw), is it fair for any of the organizers to participate in the event if they has ultimate control over laying out the courses?

The only reason I feel this is potentially an issue this year is because obviously, Jake would have to be considered a contender for the title.

Although I have never attended a crawling nationals, I am pretty sure that Jason and John have never participated, either because there was no way for them to do it all or they saw the potential conflict of interest. Fishmax didn't participate at ECC this year, (he did the previous year, but wasn't a serious competitor ).

In racing, this isn't a problem when the local clubs who host national level events, participate. This is because all competitors have ample opportunity to practice on the particular layout before the event begins. This is obviously not the case in crawling.

Please vote and post your opinion.

- DK
dkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
RCC Addict

None of the courses are prerun and everyone runs the same courses, so it seems fair to me. The judges always run at our comps.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

normally I wouldn't see a problem with it but seeing as how theres money involved wouldn't that be kind of a conflict of interest? He is putting on the event and running it and can potentially take the winnings as well. Not a stand up move in my book. But hey he does alot of things that are questionable in my eyes. This is just my opinion and we all know our opinions don't really matter any way.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I didn't vote but... I feel that at the local club competitions it doesn't really matter if the judges run also, those are not "big" events. Those guys are going for a chance to get into Nats/Worlds too. Now, at a Nationals or "Worlds" type event, I think the folks running the show need to stay running the show. They need full concentration on the event and watching out for those that are competing. Jason and John have shown that putting pure dedication into organizing and running a event of this size means putting 110% of your energy into this show.

By no means am I saying that anyone has a better chance at winning or loosing, I just think that if a group is putting on a event of this size(Worlds!) they should only focus on hosting and running that event.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I have seen preferential treatment from judges towards friends or other judges before, but these guys are way too classy to do any of that bs. Plus, everyone is watching.

Bring em on, I welcome the challenge
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACCO View Post
I have seen preferential treatment from judges towards friends or other judges before, but these guys are way too classy to do any of that bs. Plus, everyone is watching.

Bring em on, I welcome the challenge

classy are you kidding me. So you think the foot move was classes huh?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
classy are you kidding me. So you think the foot move was classes huh?
It was a loophole in the rules. Don't hate because you didn't find it.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I think the CASH should not be involved in any type of RC Hobby it brings out bad elements of people and should be prizes for the amatuer(?sp) and if cash is for the pro then make a PRO class(if you get a check then you can win a check policy).As for a upper hand I organize and create courses for events at a club and state event level and have never Won a event too many other things to worry about to do your best as both driver and organizer I think. with that said they should be able to compete in a pro class as they are and many others also.

just my thoughts

Last edited by twistedone; 07-16-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
normally I wouldn't see a problem with it but seeing as how theres money involved wouldn't that be kind of a conflict of interest? He is putting on the event and running it and can potentially take the winnings as well. Not a stand up move in my book. But hey he does alot of things that are questionable in my eyes. This is just my opinion and we all know our opinions don't really matter any way.
If you paid attention to the AWCC, you know that Jake won and didn't take any of the money. He split it up and gave it to the 2-5 finishers.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
I didn't vote but... I feel that at the local club competitions it doesn't really matter if the judges run also, those are not "big" events. Those guys are going for a chance to get into Nats/Worlds too. Now, at a Nationals or "Worlds" type event, I think the folks running the show need to stay running the show. They need full concentration on the event and watching out for those that are competing.

I just think that if a group is putting on a event of this size(Worlds!) they should only focus on hosting and running that event.
I voted NO, I agree with you on this.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
If you paid attention to the AWCC, you know that Jake won and didn't take any of the money. He split it up and gave it to the 2-5 finishers.
Sorry but I wasn't able to make it to the event. That is cool of him to do! If thats how he would do it at Worlds then I guess I see no problem with him competing.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

As long as the organizers do not pre-run the courses then I trully do not see a issue with it.
Not to mention if I do get to go "not looking good" and jake does not run super I would be very dissapointed.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
It was a loophole in the rules. Don't hate because you didn't find it.
Loop hole or not what he did wasn't what I would consider a classy move. I know that he is the reason the rules were changed, and yes he got away with it because of the loop hole, but I with good conscience could not have done the same.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
As long as the organizers do not pre-run the courses then I trully do not see a issue with it.
I'd agree, only other issue I could see is being sorta local to the area and being the ones to setup courses and compete on said courses might raise a few eyebrows.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #15
09 RCA champ!

if anything the organizers are at a dis advantage having to keep up with everything on top of staying focused on their driving. Theres no way in hell i would be in charge of a big event and try to compete
rednck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
I'd agree, only other issue I could see is being sorta local to the area and being the ones to setup courses and compete on said courses might raise a few eyebrows.
And I would agree.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

My god people i don't see the big stink being raised with Parker or Jake running I helped with the WCC and i can tell you i was on the hill starting on thursday getting things ready and Parkers rule was no cars on the hill until sat morning he does not and will not allow the pre running of courses and then to judge all day in the sun and when everyone else is done go and DO WORK when it was dark and we had to use flash lights on the last two course so he could finish yeah thats an advantage

Last edited by racer - x; 07-17-2009 at 09:44 AM.
racer - x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
We don't drive 45 minutes to hike 1/4 mile up a mountain to practice. We have closer, easier to access spots than DSR. I'm pretty sure the only times people have been up there is the past 3 AWCCs.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

If you dont agree with the manner in which the event is managed then by all means show your displeasure and stay home. Im sure the event will be fine without you Ive noticed that some of the guys whining in these threads wont be there anyway....
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
If you dont agree with the manner in which the event is managed then by all means show your displeasure and stay home. Im sure the event will be fine without you Ive noticed that some of the guys whining in these threads wont be there anyway....
Wrong! Wrong! and Wrong!

You should voice your concerns if there is any chance that they will be addressed in the future (obviously tact and objectivity are appreciated).

You should come to the event and help make it great (you are wanted and will be missed if you do not come).

This is our culmination event of the year. Things changed and we need to decide what change was good for the crawling community and which changes where not. There has been a meeting called for the organization of the 2010 worlds that will happen at this event. Be there, be a positive part of USRCCA (a nation wide organization made up of club representatives) and its decision making process!
grover is offline   Reply With Quote