Old 07-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default The recent changes to Nats/worlds

Lets see the Stats an the recent changes or Nats/Worlds
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I like the changing locations. People need to get over it and deal. IF you don't like it, host your own event.
CronusTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Here are the things that make it not so desirable;
- short notice
- too far to drive
- too close to the Southern Cup event
- Superclass (?)
- 1.9 (?)
- extra cost

I am not qualified for 2.2 so unless we have a 1.9 and a Super class, this really is not my problem.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
I am not qualified for 2.2 so unless we have a 1.9 and a Super class, this really is not my problem.
THERE WILL BE A SUPER AND 1.9 CLASS

not sure where anyone got the idea that there wouldn't be...
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The thought of it moving yearly is awesome.

Crunch/short time: Deal with it...or don't go. There's always next year.

Location: I agree its a bit far west, but its well known area and good terrain. It deserves one. To be honest the cost difference for me is minimal (Detroit).
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Honestly I really don't care, sure I would like to go, but it'd take me more than a month and a half of budgeting to make it happen. I can't make it boo hoo for me, good luck to those going and hopefully next year I can make it happen.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

hey jason the 1.9 will it be the same set up as the supers open for all or do u still need to be top driver or drivers in a sanctioned club?
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Changing the location and/or date is one thing. Changing both is worse. Changing one with only a month and half warning is worse still. Changing both with only a month and a half warning? That's ridiculous when we're talking about a "world's."

I have no doubt that all involved will be busting their asses for the next 6 weeks to make this event kick ass, but the fact of the matter is that they shouldn't have to be working so hard. Most of the planning should have been done a while back...a long while back.

I'm bored of hearing the "we had to get our ducks in a row before we made the announcement" excuse. I have no issue with the dates, and only mild issue with the place. My issue is that if things couldn't be nailed down until just the last week or so, this location should have been lined up for 2010 instead of the rush job to make 2009 happen. This is a WORLD'S event. If we want RC Crawling to be taken seriously and respected, we need to do a hell of a lot better job getting our events out there. Announcing "World's" 6 weeks before it happens is a damn joke. That might have been acceptable in 2005, when the sport was brand new, but come on guys...it's 2009. Get your sh!t together.
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
THERE WILL BE A SUPER AND 1.9 CLASS
Glad to hear this. I don't care one bit for Supers personally, but I'm glad they're being included for at least one more year.
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Colt Python/SR9c

I voted that I don't care, as there is nothing that I can do about it anyway. The only thing that I feel could have been done, would be to still hold it in Moab this year, then make changes for next year. I have organized a major event and had all the information done and posted 4 months beforehand as I hate the last minute info BS. But knowing what it all takes to hold an event like this, it is all not a piece of cake and some things are just out of the organizers control.

But there is nothing you can do to change it, so why cry or complain. Look at it as growth of the hobby and just hope the powers that be, bring the event closer to you next year(if it moves)
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=binaryterror;1891693]

Crunch/short time: Deal with it...or don't go. There's always next year.

QUOTE]

People need to realize how much travelling some of us do and the hard work and time and effort and $$$$ that the drivers put into making it to comps throughout the season with so much uncertainty already this season about rules, etc. I keep hearing about growth, but if things are so difficult to get a handle on now, what's it gonna be like next year or two years from now. I hope you boys can handle it.

And why are there enough open spots to bring in people from other countries to make this a WORLD event? I thought the whole reason in rule changing and the clubs changing was to have enough room to fit everyone in....where did these extra spots come from??
MommaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
Old guy

I've been thinking about this all day at work. I voted that I like the changes. It sucks that it makes it hard for some of us to go, including me. But I really think it will be good for the sport and it will be good for the other big events around the US. Alot of people that can't go to the Worlds will go to other big events instead.

Any change has it's pains, I hopeing to make it . I use to live by Donner and when I started crawling that was the 1st place I thought about.

Hopefully everyone will get more notice on where and when next year.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I really like the idea of having this event at a different location and I can't think of a better group of guys to run the Worlds. Jake and crew do a great job at there events and I don't envy them and the work that they have to do in order to pull this off.

It's difficult to change the location and the dates of such a large event, and no matter what you do or how you go about it, there will be waves, but we have moved from a "Nationals" event to a "Worlds" event and there something to be said about that. I can't believe that crawling has come this far in such a short time and I for one am excited to meet the other competitors from around the world. I do however understand where everyone is coming from in regards to the short notice and for many the requirement of having to travel further.

This is without a doubt a huge step for Rock Crawling

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I'm cool with the changes, but the limited amount of time to prepare kind of sucks. I think this will be a blast as long as we get the people who earned there spot to come. I already see that a few of the big names are not down with it. That is a definite bummer, but I'm sure RCC will make the best of it all. See ya in late August

Later
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Well i could care less about the location or moving spots yearly that all sounds good. The short notice was bs. Just plain lack of management. My main question is how is this a worlds? We have not even had a nats to see who can go to worlds. I know that UK has had their nats. I do not know about the other countries. As for the other countries how is it determined that they can come to this event? Are you just letting anyone off the street in?

We should of had nats and then worried about worlds. Either way some one is getting the shaft. If you are letting any one from other countries in and we had to earn our spots that is bs. If you are just letting the nat winners from other countries in and all of us that is bs and screws them couse we did not complete our year to send nat winners to worlds. These are just my opinions and i know it is probably wasted time even posting them but it is how i feel about it.
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I'm mixed on it,

I am glad they finally set it and I am glad to see it become a traveling event.

I don't like that they chose to put it as far on the west coast as possible making it hard if not impossible for east coast and even mid-westers to attend. I also dont care for the change in dates with such short notice.

Im sure it will fill up but, I would have to guess that most will be buy ins as allot of qualified drivers wont be able to make it.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

i don't mind changing locations, though i do love moab. i wish the dates were further back to allow me to go, but shit happens. i doubt you'll see anyone from SinCityRCRC at the worlds. i wouldn't mine it being in Disney, OK or somewhere further east next year, but I'd sure like to know about more than a month and a half in advance. i won't be going this year, hell i wont even be able to watch the ****in live coverage. if it were still in September I'd at least be able to watch online..
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #18
RCC Addict

JMO,

Having put in for vacation time that is hard to schedule, save money that is hard to come by, beg the family for time alone and away, and doing this based off of inside info from long ago, I don't have to like it this year at all.

Sorry, it just plain sucks.

Had plans on coming out to Moab and meeting alot of great drivers and just plain good folks, doing the Monday jeep event.

Now it looks like I won't reschedule vacation, (too short of notice), I'll use the money for home improvements and I will get to spend some quality time with family and friends here, (who also aren't going).

RANT RANT RANT!!!!

Wait till this weekend bitche$!!!!!!!

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I like it. Plain & simple. If I go, I don't care if it's in CA or NY. It's all the same to me.

All of you complaining about traveling to different places throughout the year, didn't you know there was going to be nats? So now it's Worlds, so what. All of you had a choice. Spend money going to regional events or save it to go to the grand-daddy of them all. So you shot your load, too bad. Stop bitching.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
I like it. Plain & simple. If I go, I don't care if it's in CA or NY. It's all the same to me.

All of you complaining about traveling to different places throughout the year, didn't you know there was going to be nats? So now it's Worlds, so what. All of you had a choice. Spend money going to regional events or save it to go to the grand-daddy of them all. So you shot your load, too bad. Stop bitching.

Its easy for you to say this because you would have to fly to either site. Its a lot different for people who planned on car pooling.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote