Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds

Notices

Thread: Worlds. A second opinion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Worlds. A second opinion.

With all the rumors, hersay, and what not flying around about whatever did or did not happen at the Worlds, I would like to show the other side.

I entered for the LCQ, and even though I did not make it into the big show, I had a great time. I met lots of great people, crawled on some of the toughest courses, and got drunk, broke my SC10, saw a stampede fly off the 2nd story multiple times, tried to light a slash on fire but that did not work ( damn you non flamable motor spray) and just flat out had a good time. The judges were great, the lodge was more than helpfull, and dare I say, CKRC helped me out with parts to keep my rig, and I am sure many others, running all weekend.

I would like to say that even though there is on going drama ( in the end we are just a bunch of grown ass men playing with toy cars, no matter what happens the world is not gonna end) the overall event was great. In the time that follows, please remember to call out the event would be calling out all the people who worked hard to put it on. Let the powers that be work it out, there is always next year.

And on a last note, I cannot say enough good, hell, great things about Brian Parker. That man makes any comp jump up 10 notches in my book. He was out from sun up to sun down working hard to make things run as smooth as possible. The guy is top notch to say the least. When he judges you on a course, he is your biggest cheerleader, coach, and buddy rolled up into one. His enthusiasm is infectious, and his dedication to our sport is incredible.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknuts View Post
And on a last note, I cannot say enough good, hell, great things about Brian Parker. That man makes any comp jump up 10 notches in my book. He was out from sun up to sun down working hard to make things run as smooth as possible. The guy is top notch to say the least. When he judges you on a course, he is your biggest cheerleader, coach, and buddy rolled up into one. His enthusiasm is infectious, and his dedication to our sport is incredible.
x1290947572938472983!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parker--you are flat-out awesome. Those courses were insane, and insanely fun. You are by far my favorite judge, and I know i'm not the only one (people were looking for you when I was judging on your course). I couldn't believe Friday was the first time you set 1.9 courses, they were perfect!

no matter what happens with the drama and everything, I had a blast this weekend. I'm going to keep my various agreements or disagreements with the issues to myself, because that just taints the fun that I had. I don't want "a bad taste in my mouth" over this event, because I don't want anything overshadowing what an amazing time I had.

a humongous thanks to the organizers that worked hard to put this on, to Badger, Jason, Cory, and Pablo for working hard for the awesome live coverage, to the judges who stood out in the heat and sun for 4 days, to Cassie and Shannon for running up and down that mountain to make sure the judges were fed and hydrated and things ran smoothly, and to the other competitors for making this sport such a blast to be a part of!
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

All I have to say is OUTSTANDING JOB to everyone that put this on!!!!!.

Last edited by ncalkrawler; 08-31-2009 at 10:37 AM.
ncalkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknuts View Post
I would like to say that even though there is on going drama ( in the end we are just a bunch of grown ass men playing with toy cars, no matter what happens the world is not gonna end) the overall event was great. In the time that follows, please remember to call out the event would be calling out all the people who worked hard to put it on. Let the powers that be work it out, there is always next year.

Well said
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Great post trucknuts I had a great time as well. Parker and his crew work their tails off! I camped right next to a couple of them and from Wednesday - Sunday they were out the door and 6:30 am and did not return until after dark. This event was a complete success with amazing courses and people. Destroying SC trucks in the Cisco Grove parking lot Thursday night while drinking margaritas wasn't too bad either.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I also had a great time at this event, yes I did make it from lcq and finnished the same as wcc 58th place both events. I also have video of stampede going off the ramp for the last time(it broke in half) It was a great time. Parker you set some saweet coures. oh almost forgot about wablers in bar saturday night

Last edited by BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE; 08-31-2009 at 03:26 PM.
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I also had a great time and meet some really great people! I was bummed i could not run my last 2 courses thursday but i still am glad i was there helping out and working. Del Montess you are a great gal and it was great to get to spend some time with you and good luck at your night comp! Dave I'm sorry we did not get to hang out anymore than we did

Last edited by racer - x; 08-31-2009 at 05:27 PM.
racer - x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
a humongous thanks to the organizers that worked hard to put this on, to Badger, Jason, Cory, and Pablo for working hard for the awesome live coverage, to the judges who stood out in the heat and sun for 4 days, to Cassie and Shannon for running up and down that mountain to make sure the judges were fed and hydrated and things ran smoothly, and to the other competitors for making this sport such a blast to be a part of!
Thanks Jess, I had a blast even though I finished almost dead last in 1.9 and 2.2. It was cool to meet new people and see some of the people I have met before.

pablo is Berto aka (dickwart)
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:46 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
Great post trucknuts I had a great time as well. Parker and his crew work their tails off! I camped right next to a couple of them and from Wednesday - Sunday they were out the door and 6:30 am and did not return until after dark. This event was a complete success with amazing courses and people. Destroying SC trucks in the Cisco Grove parking lot Thursday night while drinking margaritas wasn't too bad either.
Yes, good post Trucknuts. I have to say it was a long fun weekend, from Driving all you guys up and down the hill, and making some of you lucky winners in the raffle to drinking up in the bar and watching the nice slash bashing. Good driving all, and Thanks to all that helped, from Jake, and Parker to the guys here at rccrawler.com, the Sponsors and Lincon up a Donner Ski Ranch.

-The pit pass guy sitting at the bottom of the hill each morning-
slackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #10

Had a great time, Parker the courses were great 1.9 well for those who did not see or drive them not bad parker on all your work. thanks to all who made this happen. not sure but the rc fag looks a lot like Parker ? whats up with that.
Dxxcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
DOOH!!!

Better be careful Ted, everyone might start to think you really do have a nice side...

but i couldn't agree more, Brian did an OUTSTANDING job on the courses and is one of the best judges. Not only is he on the ball with calls but helps out with the pep talks and comments, in fact many of the judges did. Everyone there worked their asses off to make sure we all had a good event...

I will always remember this event for it's kickass courses, great people and fun times.. I will not let a single person's actions tarnish my memories of this event.

Thank you Guys and Gals, take a bow, you deserve it.
It was one hell of a event!!!
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Ted...is this really you?...

I also could not agree with you more! This was my first time attending a comp of this magnitude and it was awesome even if I didn't make it past LCQ and choked in 1.9!

Brian Parker...you are the man! You have no idea how bad I wanted to get down there and help you set up courses. I learned a lot from you this past weekend both as a judge and course builder which I love and do for my club P.A.R.C. at each of our comps.
Your enthusiasm and encouragement are inspiring and I can't wait to compete with you again!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I wanna thank Red RockCrawler... as I wasn't at the comp... but at home watching it on the net... he and the rest of the production crew gave me views and ideas that only left me wanting more when it was all over.

So from me on the net to the guy at the production of the live broadcast

WaWa
WaWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHead View Post
Better be careful Ted, everyone might start to think you really do have a nice side...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
Ted...is this really you?...

I must have been drunk typing again........No its just I hate to have the comp come out in such a bad light. Overall it was good. I just don't want you guys to get any ideas about course building from Parker. I would like to finish a course in Phoenix this year.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #15
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS! <<<<< Read this thread.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote