Notices

Thread: 2011 nationals Judges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
5.3 -
Judging should be done by at least 2 people per driver. One Judge to call out penalties and one

Judge/Scorekeeper, to record penalties, tally maximum penalties, keep time (if applicable), etc.

what happened to this rule...........

With less than 15% of drivers per given day offering to judge, it is not really attainable.

You can try to help out by volunteering.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
5.3 -
Judging should be done by at least 2 people per driver. One Judge to call out penalties and one

Judge/Scorekeeper, to record penalties, tally maximum penalties, keep time (if applicable), etc.

what happened to this rule...........

Nothing has happened to this rule. As with any rules or laws there is one key word being "should". Should is a strongly suggestive word not a mandatory word such as "shall" or "must".

Though im sure in the next rules revision that the wording of this guideline will be edited. As over the past year + there has been a substantial effort put forth (by many) to educate our judges to a higher level. This is being accomplished at every comp, gathering ect. Via the judges test/demonstrations ect.

This new format has been tested at several comps already this year with very positive results. With the heat and amount of competitors at Nationals this year, we are going to use this format to help reduce judge fatigue due to the high temps. in Vegas. Reducing judge fatigue will help toi deliver a much more consistent judging platform. It will also increase the enjoyment of the competitors as the lines move a much accelerated pace, drastically reducing the weight times to run courses.
SDS Customz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #23
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
With less than 15% of drivers per given day offering to judge, it is not really attainable.

You can try to help out by volunteering.
Do you have any interest in judging "assistants"? I'm not experienced enough to be a judge, but I can help out.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #24
Trying to have Fun Again

If you really want to be a judge and want to learn follow a judge at a event. You will learn a lot and most will teach along the way.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Do you have any interest in judging "assistants"? I'm not experienced enough to be a judge, but I can help out.
If it's ok with the "powers that be" (superdave, I'm looking at you ) I'd be fine with having you hang around while I'm judging. you'd learn a lot by observing.
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
I'd be fine with having you hang around while I'm judging. you'd learn a lot by observing.
Well then what the hell is Badger gonna do? Every time you're around he tries to learn "by observing"

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #27
WAM
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys, but that wasn't the objective. I've started "beginning judging" at the SoCal events. Just not near enough to be a national judge. I was just trying to help out if they're undermanned. I was kinda picking up on you'd like to have two judges but only have manpower for one.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

O ok, no watching then. If I catch you watching.... you better watch out...

...wait... what?

Honestly, i'll probably be so damn hungover/still wasted that i'll need help judging...

Just kidding john! Don't judge dis-bar me!
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
The judging format that we are running, wont really lend well to extras on the course with 2 judges and 2 drivers already, starts to get crowded! I would encourage all that want to help to start by furthering there education as a judge. take the judges test and learn the rules as they are written, not as you are told they should be enforced. I know when I started in the sport a few years ago I relied on others to tell me the rules, and I never had a true understanding of things till I dove headlong into the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Well then what the hell is Badger gonna do? Every time you're around he tries to learn "by observing"

I dont think that is all he does

Honestly, i'll probably be so damn hungover/still wasted that i'll need help judging...

Just kidding john! Don't judge dis-bar me![/QUOTE]

Youre getting close! Better watch it

Old 08-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Super Dave, don't forget I'll be all over the courses as well. I'll be "observing" through a lens.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #31
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
O ok, no watching then. If I catch you watching.... you better watch out...

...wait... what?

Just kidding john! Don't judge dis-bar me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS Customz View Post

Youre getting close! Better watch it

Jess as long as you don't throw anything you should be fine oh and make sure you puke off course

Last edited by SoCo Crawlgirl; 08-28-2011 at 03:48 PM.
SoCo Crawlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

I will be shooting for the judges meeting we'd and thurs for 8 pm. All should hopefully be able to make it by then. Location will be at the event hotel, with exact meeting location TBD. As soon as we nail it down I will post it here
Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

We have made it and the Wednesday night judges meeting will be held in one of our rooms at the hotel. Let's meet in the hotel registration lobby, from there we will move to a room.

For Thursdays meeting we will most likely be meeting at the bowling alley that they are having the nationals bowling tournament at. That judges meeting will be tenatively at 8 pm depending on the comp finish
Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

We have made it and the Wednesday night judges meeting will be held in one of our rooms at the hotel. Let's meet in the hotel registration lobby, from there we will move to a room.

For Thursdays meeting we will most likely be meeting at the bowling alley that they are having the nationals bowling tournament at. That judges meeting will be tenatively at 8 pm depending on the comp finish