RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawling Worlds (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/)
-   -   2011 nationals Judges (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/327956-2011-nationals-judges.html)

SDS Customz 07-25-2011 12:05 AM

2011 nationals Judges

Its that time again. There is several changes in the judging format this year to try and keep the judges from getting torched by the Vegas heat. If you are interested in judging LCQ/1.9-Super/2.2 please read through the following and then pm me.

This year we will be running a triple judge format. Each of 2 of the judges will judge a competitor, while the third judge will get to go and run there courses. As a judge you will be able to select one of your teamates/buddies to run with you. They will be allowed to jump line and run with you. Thus allowing judges to experience Nats. somewhat like the rest of the group.

For those of you that havent experienced this, the judges will start one competitor, at approx. the 6th progress gate the second judge will start the next competitor. This will reduce the time each judge will have to spend judging. With the use of rotating in the third judge no one judge should have to spend more then 4-5 hours judging(in a worst case situation).

I will be looking for 15 judges for each day of competition. If I dont know or comp with you on a regular basis then you will need to provide refrances for me. Im looking for the strongest field of judges we have had yet. Be aware that it will be MANDATORY for you to attend a judges meeting and take/re-take the judges test(primarily for discussion purposes). Details to follow on when those will be.

Judges will recieve a free entry for there qualified classes. (One entry per day of judging) If you are judging you will be gauranteed a spot in the LCQ. You will also recieve refreshments/lunch each day that you are judging.

Pm me if you are interested"thumbsup"

For those that are going to be Judging/ thinking about judging LCQ the mandatory meeting will be Wed. evening. It must be attended!!!!. For 1.9/Super, 2.2 we will have a second meeting on thursday evening. If you are judging in multiple classes chances are you will learn something at both judges meetings. Yes you read it right if you are judging multiple days you will get the benefits of higher education"thumbsup"

If we cant get enough judges set up prior to the event then we will simply have to shorten the number of courses that we intend on running, keep the judges coming guys..

Here is what we have thus far:

LCQ:

1-Krawlfreak- Jeremy Toney

2-XRRA TJ- Josh

3-CRSMcgyver- Andy Zuber

4-Mr. Glassman- Mica

5-Grover- Chad Hargrove

6-winkscrawler- Ryan

7-Toyotaboy- Jason Veil

8-RBGerrish- Ryan Gerrish

9- Mark Reel

10-SoCoCrawler- Randy Howe

11- Hoppa- Josh Hicks

12- Fishmax- John Messa

13- The Violator- Ted

14- Diamond D- Dave Cape

15- Baddman- Jim Bise

Alt. 1-SOCO Crawlgirl- Mindy Howe

Alt. 2- Waiting Dragon

1.9/Super

1-CRSMcgyver- Andy Zuber

2-Waiting Dragon

3-XRRA TJ- Josh

4-Krawlfreak- Jeremy Toney

5-Delmontess- Jess downing

6-Delmonte- Jake wright

7-winkscrawler- Ryan

8-Grimreeper

9-Toyotaboy- Jason Veil

10-RBGerrish- Ryan Gerrish

11-Mark Reel

12-The Violator- Ted

13-Diamond D- Dave Cape

14-Baddman- Jim Bise

15-SOCO Crawlgirl- Mindy Howe

Alt. 1- Hoppa- Josh Hicks

Alt. 2-SoCoCrawler-Randy Howe

2.2:

1-Krawlfreak- Jeremy Toney

2-Grover- Chad Hargrove

3-Hoppa- Josh Hicks

4-PaloAltok5- Art B

5-Delmonte- Jake wright

6-Delmontess- Jess Downing

7-winkscrawler- Ryan

8-Toyotaboy- Jason Veil

9-RBGerrish- Ryan Gerrish

10-SoCoCrawler- Randy Howe

11-Mark Reel

12-Shoei1

13-Diamond D- Dave Cape

14-Baddman- Jim Bise

15-Waiting Dragon

Alt. 1-The Violator- Ted

Alt. 2-SOCO Crawlgirl- Mindy Howe

Fishmaxx 07-25-2011 06:06 AM

At TCS Crawlers East Coast Championship we ran the 3 judge team working in pairs, and the judges seemed to enjoy it a lot more the "NORMAL" way. At Vanquish Products La Guerra en Rocas Rojos they ran the staggered start, and we were FINISHED running the regular field very fast with alot less strain on the judges.

IMO this the judging system of the future.

krawlfreak 07-25-2011 09:36 AM

this is by far the best way to get the masses through the courses indeed.

two national level events now using the staggard start and both going off without a hitch!

the relief to the judges is evident but the fact the drivers don't stand in line for hours on end is significant too.

oh...you have a p.m.!

Mr Glassman 07-25-2011 09:44 AM

For sure this platform works"thumbsup" It took us longer to run judges at Roca Rojas than all the competitors:shock: So letting judges get out and run would be a good thing.(especialy in the vegas heat)

PM sent

Hoppa 07-25-2011 01:39 PM

PM Sent.

chasinbaja 07-26-2011 10:58 AM

I'm very familiar with this format since Parker has been running it for a year now! At AWCC we had 67 drivers finish 7 courses in 3 hours!!! This format is phenomenal. I will pm you later John. "thumbsup"

SDS Customz 07-27-2011 06:51 PM

Update

Posting an adder in red to the first post

SDS Customz 07-30-2011 11:06 AM

Everyone please read

If we cant get enough judges set up prior to the event then we will simply have to shorten the number of courses that we intend on running, keep the judges coming guys..

I added this to the original post in the thread as well

Johnson420 07-31-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDS Customz (Post 3201505)
For those of you that havent experienced this, the judges will start one competitor, at approx. the 6th progress gate the second judge will start the next competitor. .....................................

I haven't experienced this Judging or Running format so please bear with my ignorance.

Is there a chance that Driver #2 will catch up to Driver #1 and affect both drivers running the same course?

How many Judges are actually on a course at any given time? 2 per Driver??

Thank You for you time

CRSMacgyver 07-31-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson420 (Post 3210708)
I haven't experienced this Judging or Running format so please bear with my ignorance.

Is there a chance that Driver #2 will catch up to Driver #1 and affect both drivers running the same course?

How many Judges are actually on a course at any given time? 2 per Driver??

Thank You for you time

If driver 2 catches 1 - time is stopped for driver 2 until driver 1 is out of the way.

2 judges on course, 1 for each driver.

Johnson420 08-01-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver (Post 3210876)
If driver 2 catches 1 - time is stopped for driver 2 until driver 1 is out of the way.

2 judges on course, 1 for each driver.

Thank You

Shoei1 08-01-2011 09:17 PM

Pm sent

jason 08-11-2011 09:38 PM

We still need more judges guys! The other option is for us to run less courses which we really don't want to have to do.

The Violator 08-14-2011 04:46 PM

I will throw my name in the ring. I should be in Wed afternoon/night and am not running any classes, but will still help out.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...ertificate.png

mark reel 08-22-2011 03:33 PM

C'Mon People

2 1/2 weeks left and no one is stepping up to judge
C"MON People we dont want to only run 3 courses do we ?

SoCo Crawlgirl 08-22-2011 03:52 PM

pm sent awhile back but no reply:cry:.

SDS Customz 08-22-2011 10:52 PM

Not sure what happened on that one!! Back at ya

Waiting Dragon 08-22-2011 11:26 PM

PM sent!

SDS Customz 08-23-2011 08:24 PM

East Coast Judges?

Just dont want anyone complaining about an abundance of WEST COAST judges, I honestly havent had but only a few East Coasters offering to judge. If anyone is still interested in judging, I need to know by Thursday Evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roksloski 08-23-2011 08:35 PM

5.3 -
Judging should be done by at least 2 people per driver. One Judge to call out penalties and one

Judge/Scorekeeper, to record penalties, tally maximum penalties, keep time (if applicable), etc.

what happened to this rule...........