Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds

Notices

Thread: If you didn't get an invite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #21
RCC Addict

i dont need to think hard why i didnt get an invite. by looking at the list of drivers its easy to see whos friends with who, if things were done fairly, and you could only limit the event to 60 people, it should have been the first 60 to sign up and pay, or not limit the event at all. its all good, im not worried i didnt get an invite, im in this hobby to have fun, "Anyway, at 7pm MT tonight you'll have your chance to sign up." thank you jason i appreciate the chance, ill be on at 7. maybe after some of us new englanders hold some competitions you guys will see us noobs want to have fun and compete and do GTG's just as much as you, and we dont want to be left out in the dark just because we havent been around as long.

thats all no hard feelings

noob_superman
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #22
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_superman
i dont need to think hard why i didnt get an invite. by looking at the list of drivers its easy to see whos friends with who, if things were done fairly, and you could only limit the event to 60 people, it should have been the first 60 to sign up and pay, or not limit the event at all. its all good, im not worried i didnt get an invite, im in this hobby to have fun, "Anyway, at 7pm MT tonight you'll have your chance to sign up." thank you jason i appreciate the chance, ill be on at 7. maybe after some of us new englanders hold some competitions you guys will see us noobs want to have fun and compete and do GTG's just as much as you, and we dont want to be left out in the dark just because we havent been around as long.

noob_superman
The New England guys don't have comps, just get togethers. We chose people based upon comp finishes, not because we know them. No one recieved any special treatment when it came to this event. Even the guys planning the event had to go through the same steps as everyone else to register.

Like you stated, start having comps and/or a series, people will get invited.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #23
RCC Addict

thats good to hear bender. yeah, we want to start holding some competitions in this area so hopefully we will be a forced to be reckoned with at next years event.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #24
Powered by Awesome

who knows.. next year could be even bigger... more courses and more rigs competing.

maybe even an A, B, and C class based on your yearly point structures...

A main guys are king of the hill - extremely hard courses
B main guys are pretty darn good - crazy courses
and C Main guys are not quite as serious but still great in thier field - challenging courses

(Just an idea... thats the way R.O.A.R. does it... minus the different tracks)

If you dont have comps/clubs in your area... start your own club, hold your own comps, look around, some of these guys drive hundereds of miles just to compete. You might be surprised on how many people show up... put up flyers at local hobby shops... and dont forget to post up the points standings in for your area in rccrawler.com, but be sure to be in compliance with the USRCCA comps rules book with your comps so that way everyone understands your points structure.... that and its the USRCCA Nationals... not joe blow points structure nationals.

Last edited by TwistedXT; 07-12-2006 at 10:45 AM.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I see that 90% of the initial invites went to folks who have been in the crawler scene since the rage really started back in '03. I think it's about time for the old timers/vets/creators of the crawlers to have an event like this... us old timers should get first dibs on going, how else would you start off the first event of this size anyway? With a bunch of n00bs?
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Well just to clarify, I got an invite and I know exactly 1 person on either list.

So the whole only "friends" got an invite thing is BS.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #27
RCC Addict

"us old timers should get first dibs on going, how else would you start off the first event of this size anyway? With a bunch of n00bs?"

i totally disagree and i hope that invites were based on merit like bender stated.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #28
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
i dont need to think hard why i didnt get an invite. by looking at the list of drivers its easy to see whos friends with who

Bull****! I got invited and I don't have any friends.:-(
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #29
Powered by Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
Bull****! I got invited and I don't have any friends.:-(
i'll second that ... you suck!!!

J/K...
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #30
RCC Addict

haha. like bender said invites were based on merit so i was wrong to say otherwise. good luck at the competition.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:05 AM   #31
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
haha. like bender said invites were based on merit so i was wrong to say otherwise. good luck at the competition.
Sunday will basically be an all day get together. The final course for the comp will be ran in the morning, then we'll just crawl for the rest of the day. Everyone is invited to attend that, as well as watch the comp.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #32
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
i dont need to think hard why i didnt get an invite. by looking at the list of drivers its easy to see whos friends with who,
I was just giving you sh!t. Bender is correct with out the invites went down.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #33
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER
Sunday will basically be an all day get together.
This is going to be hillarious to watch how many fools are yelling out "who's on green?", "who's on red?"

badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Supercrawler class is now full.

:-(
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #35
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
This is going to be hillarious to watch how many fools are yelling out "who's on green?", "who's on red?"

LMAO I know!!

I need to invest in a Spektrum before Sept.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:25 AM   #36
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
LMAO I know!!

I need to invest in a Spektrum before Sept.
That and a large tube of KY, big boy!
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #37
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad
That and a large tube of KY, big boy!
I'm trying to get them to sponsor the event, free KY as far as the eye can see.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm trying to get them to sponsor the event, free KY as far as the eye can see.

you mean as deep as the .........errrr....eye can see?

Looks like this thread is a mute point at this time since all the slots on both rosters are filled 100%
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:48 AM   #39
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
i dont need to think hard why i didnt get an invite. by looking at the list of drivers its easy to see whos friends with who,
I am sorry you feel that way, but you couldn't be farther from the truth.

Quote:
if things were done fairly, and you could only limit the event to 60 people, it should have been the first 60 to sign up and pay, or not limit the event at all.
hmmm, the first to pay. How does that bring together the best competitors from across the country. I guess it would have been cool to have the press release say, "See 60 of the first guys to sign up, go for the glory"

hmmm, not limit the event at all? That would have been fun, we could have all ran 1 course with a 1 minute time limit.

Quote:
its all good, im not worried i didnt get an invite, im in this hobby to have fun,
I'm here to have fun as well.

Quote:
"Anyway, at 7pm MT tonight you'll have your chance to sign up." thank you jason i appreciate the chance, ill be on at 7.
I wish you luck, however my guess is that no matter who gets the spots I'll be blamed for giving them to one of my friends, or pulling strings for someone

Quote:
maybe after some of us new englanders hold some competitions you guys will see us noobs want to have fun and compete and do GTG's just as much as you, and we dont want to be left out in the dark just because we havent been around as long.
So with your reasoning I should be able to get a group of my friends together and start a football team. Then I should just be able to call the NFL and let them know that my new team will be playing in the superbowl this year. Sorry we don't want to have to play the season, playoffs?, no thanks we'd just like to show up for the big game.

Does that make sense?

Quote:

noob_superman
I feel the same way.

Jason
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #40
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
Looks like this thread is a mute point at this time since all the slots on both rosters are filled 100%

Read the first post in this thread. Make your decesion on weather or not you will be on the site tonight at 7pm only off that post.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote