RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawling Worlds (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/)
-   -   2015 RC Crawling Worlds- Las Vegas Sept 11, 12, 13th (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/533934-2015-rc-crawling-worlds-las-vegas-sept-11-12-13th.html)

Del Montess 09-13-2015 09:43 PM

Re: 2015 RC Crawling Worlds- Las Vegas Sept 11, 12, 13th

Great weekend!
It was awesome to see everyone and there was some really kickass driving happening!!!
That heat was... Something.
Can't wait for the next one, hopefully with our other international drivers that were very sorely missed this year!!!

JohnRobHolmes 09-14-2015 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whew! What a weekend in an epic location! Once Jonathan wakes up and gets coffee we will post up final scores and overall. I want to thank the judges for their hard work in the extreme heat, we couldn't have done it without you! We also had over $100 of giveaways per driver in attendance, which didn't include shirts, hats, lanyards, etc. it was quite the pile of swag!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jslick (Post 5295874)
It is hard to express the disappointment in the coverage of this "world class" event. Yes, we all know it is hot. However if you are not there, it is like it never happened at all.

Considering that the people running the event have been in the desert on location since Thursday, you will have to excuse us for being unable to push a live feed with weak ass 2G cell service. I hope you find unfolding media by myself, Rivas concepts, Ferndog RC, Extreme Scale Productions, and RC Driver enough. I could understand your disappointment if I had given the expectation of live updates, but this wasn't a location or arrangement that lended itself to minute by minute feeds. We had a full time photographer /videographer on location and will have an event video when he is done editing the 80 gigs captured. So respectfully, please be patient while we compile coverage on a Wayne's world budget and sleep deprived head.

In the mean time, I'm going to eat breakfast and gather my thoughts. I think Jonathan manages to bump scores out to rcorva on the calendar event page. Here is the view I woke up to on the mountain every morning, was totally worth staying up there to ensure we were ready as soon as folks started rolling in.

JohnRobHolmes 09-14-2015 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wtf, why you always rotating my pics rcc! I wasn't staying in the sky!

winnerone23 09-14-2015 08:00 AM

Thanks JRH! That's Amazing!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...0434cb00f9.jpg

JohnRobHolmes 09-14-2015 08:02 AM

Thanks Troy! Maybe if I hold the phone upside down when it's loading it won't do that, lol!

winnerone23 09-14-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5296492)
Thanks Troy! Maybe if I hold the phone upside down when it's loading it won't do that, lol!

I had to wait till the blood flowed back out of my head till I realized I was looking at All wrong! Lol..

nappahdog 09-14-2015 08:17 AM

Thanks to the judges that signed up and kept their word . Shame on the organizers for allowing six courses with six judges. I will never subject myself to that torture again. It was a huge disatvantage for us all to run as it was getting dark, the courses were wiped out as were we. It was the reason we had to wait an extra day to do the finals, which pushed the scoring back a day. 6 judges three coures. 8 judges 4 courses. WANT MORE COURSES? STEP UP.

JohnRobHolmes 09-14-2015 08:53 AM

I'm not happy with the situation of judging either, and it was especially difficult with the heat. I took 3 hours of judging duty in 114 degree heat, so I totally understand your frustration and the problem at hand. The origional team judging plan was poopood, and nobody wants to judge but everybody wants a judge. So, this event will cause a fundamental change that should improve many aspects of future events.

Krawler Kev 09-14-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nappahdog (Post 5296499)
Thanks to the judges that signed up and kept their word . Shame on the organizers for allowing six courses with six judges. I will never subject myself to that torture again. It was a huge disatvantage for us all to run as it was getting dark, the courses were wiped out as were we. It was the reason we had to wait an extra day to do the finals, which pushed the scoring back a day. 6 judges three coures. 8 judges 4 courses. WANT MORE COURSES? STEP UP.

Good post."thumbsup"

I volunteered to judge on Sporty day (not signed up on line but the two/three volunteers needed help) and also on Pro...err...Modified day. I signed up early on line because the thought of 4 courses for Worlds was very disappointing. Setting up courses early, judging all day, then getting the pleasure of completing my courses with flashlights sucked. Don't get me wrong, I know that I volunteered but I was expecting two judges per course so their was some sort of relief. I heard of competitors that needed to "get out of the heat" for an hour or so.....this was NOT an option for the judges. I did have a few people (NDN chief, Harrison, Lou-Anne (Todds wife?), Dwray, & Mr. Out) follow me around with a large umbrella providing some much needed shade. And the sweetest of all was when Diamond D's crew showed up to run my course........with their easy-up tent."thumbsup"

Now, with that being said, I had a great time. It was a true battle, from the weather and the bad ass drivers.

Huge thanks to JRH for holding this event.

Huge thanks to Dlux for:
1. Bringing the gate markers and boundaries
2. Chairing the drivers meetings
3. Setting up courses
4. Judging courses
5. Cleaning up courses
6. Bringing extra parts and tools
7. Talking shit to me every chance possible:ror:

A SPECIAL thanks to Mike, Christian, Matthew, Harrison and Scot for the hospitality all weekend. They always had a spot to sit, a sandwich to eat, a bottle of water to drink, good times and laughter. New Mexico is very lucky to have these guys in their group."thumbsup"

It was great to see all of the friends that I have made over the past number of years. Thanks to Team Norway (Arve, Jens, & Steinar), Stephan, the Boston Crawlers, the PA crew, the BYB, the 5th D crew (quality group of guys and quality product), Fishmaxx, Mr and Mrs Belvedere (congrats BTW), Art "MF'ing" Bell, Extreme Scale Performance, RCP Crawlers (thanks Dave), and everyone else that I missed.

I would also like to thank the sponsors of this event. This was the best "give-aways" I have seen at a comp to date (no, I haven't been to NENC). Holmes Hobbies, RECON G6, RC4WD, 5th D, Lattice Innovations, OTTSIX Racing, Castle Creations, KNK Hardware, Pitbull Tires (I love the Pitbull hat that I won), CKRC, RCP Crawlers, RC Bros, and Barry's RC Carbon.

Congrats to Stilist on the 2.2S victory and JRock on the 2.2P victory. Both were well deserved.

I think that's it for now. My brain still hurts and it was 45*F when I left for work this morning.

Home Sweet Home.

See you next year...

tapped-out 09-14-2015 11:27 AM

The guys that judged this years Worlds are superhuman they survived (most of them) 2 & 3 days of judging in record setting heat @ 114-118°.
To all the judges you guys are seriously dedicated (maybe a little insane) to keeping this hobby we all love/enjoy alive.
A huge THANK YOU is in order, this years World's should've been a survival TV show. I was ready to tap out on day one.
I personally thank all of you guys for stepping up.

Thank you.

tapped-out 09-14-2015 11:29 AM

Thank you RCP for the Ice cream on Saturday, it really hit the spot.

Curcal 09-14-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5296486)
We also had over $100 of giveaways per driver in attendance, which didn't include shirts, hats, lanyards, etc. it was quite the pile of swag!

I'm am in no way complaining, just stating facts..... some of us walked away with nothing but lanyards.

Regardless of this fact, Please refer to my previous post on the last page.

The prizes were great and some were worth more than $100. A huge thanks to CKRC for throwing that amount of swag our way. They are a great sponsor to have in your corner!

JRock 09-14-2015 11:09 PM

So I want to start by thanking John Holmes for putting on the world finals, I know it' s not an easy feat at all to put on an event as big as this.

Also a huge thanks to Jerrys800 for everything you've done to help me get to this point, your a great friend bro. Also I want to thank my sponsor MFD for the chassis and link mounts.

Another huge thanks to Ottsix, VP, Holmes Hobbies, Rc Bros, Rcp crawlers, CKRC, Lattice Innovations, Castle Creations, KNK, Fifth Dimension, Dlux Fab, Tekin, Futaba, Rccrawlerand RCORVA.

All these sponsors that sponsored the event and the ones that keep our rc's running on the rocks and off the rocks are hats off great people"thumbsup".

For those that don't know me I've been running rc crawlers since 2004 and have always pushed myself to build better, crawl as much as I can and one day make it to the world finals. I made it there in 2009 and took 24th place and thought man I made the goal I set to go to worlds and never thought I would go again and end up winning.

I couldn't have done it without my wife putting up with me even though my rc's aren't her favorite things lol and all the great people in the Rccrawler community. Thanks to the Bybrcc for all the help, you guy's rock and thanks to Rucknroll for rolling with me to the event and sticking it out even only running sporty and staying out in the heat to help out.

Hope i'm not forgetting anyone lol,

Jason.

Erik D_lux 09-15-2015 08:04 AM

Wow! I am wiped out! Pulled in late last night and I am dragging! I sure wish I could sleep past 5 these days...

Huge Congrats to Jrok on the win! I love the fact that he didnt win by a tiny bit but handed ass to everybody. Youre on fire Jason and the comp reflected that. Well deserved win that nobody will ever be able to dispute.

One of my favorite parts of comps is meeting all the people I talk to. I enjoyed everybody from the regular West coast crew to the new East coast faces and the Europeans always throw a nice twist on things. I find myself going to comps because of the camaraderie just as much as the crawling. There are a lot of people that I would call friends that I get to meet up with at these comps and I am very grateful for you guys. Speaking of, Skaldiddog and BCpaints were sorely missed!

I said it in the judges thread but I really appreciate everybody who helped setup courses and helped judge. Its a huge mostly thankless and even masochistic in ways. I think all judges paid the price in many different ways (dealing with heat, running in the dark, not seeing any of the courses ran, no ice cream, missed the first half of the give a way etc,...) for everybody elses happiness this weekend so my hat is off to all that helped. Thanks to Don for running me through my 2.2p courses in a hurry too. I dont want to point out too many individually since I will miss somebody and that sucks, but there are some people who do this every single comp I go to and you people that do, have a huge place in my heart as you are the type of person I love the most.

Kev, thanks for the "hot seat" story. I think I thought it was funnier than most but I had something to laugh about multiple times on the way home. "DONT MAKE ME TURN THIS CAR AROUND!" Ha! Always good to see you and if you keep driving well and providing entertainment, maybe will will consider Canada equal to us some day (doubt it but keep trying)....

Thanks to Kev, Sumquak and Spencer for letting me verbally abuse them a bit this weekend.

I think the location was awesome. I would like to visit there again when its cooler. Nothing like a ton of rock and a town that wants you there.

I probably missed a whole bunch. My head is really foggy so I will post up again if I can think of anything. Sorry if I missed something.

OH! To whomever picked up my Dynamite multi driver, if you want to send it back to me I would really appreciate it. I really liked that driver and was pretty EMO when I went to go back and pick it up and it was not there.

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/wp-conten...wrench-set.jpg

donzx12 09-15-2015 08:47 AM

Thanks to all the drivers who came out and drove in the heat. Thanks judges course setters and Dlux for taking over a lot of it and making it the best it could be considering the conditions we all had to deal with. congratulations to all the winners. I think if we as a community keep a positive mind set we can keep moving forward. This is are hobby lets keep it fun. "thumbsup"

SkaldidDog 09-16-2015 08:58 AM

D'zamn JRock!:shock: Way to kill 2.2P and 1.9P. Congrats on your wins!"thumbsup" You and Burbo were En Fuego in the Pro Class. Congrats Jake on your podium 2.2P finish."thumbsup"Go DWray! Congrats Erik on your Super and Insane Class wins! Props for all of the work I know you did even though I was not there to witness it first hand. Hope your pears and cottage cheese stayed somewhat cool on the rocks. Way to kill 2.2S Paul."thumbsup" Looks like Sporty was a tough battle. Props to all of you heat resistant crawlers.

Thanks JRH."thumbsup"

J

Erik D_lux 09-16-2015 09:41 AM

Thanks Joel!

I wish you would have not brought up the cottage cheese though, its a sensitive subject. My cottage cheese did the opposite! It froze in the hotel fridge. Ever have cottage cheese that has frozen? It turns from small curd to gritty mess. I have issues with waste so I cant simply throw it away and I am still forcing it down. I did have probably one of the best Gala apples ever though and my peaches were on the spot!

dogcrick 09-20-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Kev (Post 5296565)
Good post."thumbsup"

I volunteered to judge on Sporty day (not signed up on line but the two/three volunteers needed help) and also on Pro...err...Modified day. I signed up early on line because the thought of 4 courses for Worlds was very disappointing. Setting up courses early, judging all day, then getting the pleasure of completing my courses with flashlights sucked. Don't get me wrong, I know that I volunteered but I was expecting two judges per course so their was some sort of relief. I heard of competitors that needed to "get out of the heat" for an hour or so.....this was NOT an option for the judges. I did have a few people (NDN chief, Harrison, Lou-Anne (Todds wife?), Dwray, & Mr. Out) follow me around with a large umbrella providing some much needed shade. And the sweetest of all was when Diamond D's crew showed up to run my course........with their easy-up tent."thumbsup"

Now, with that being said, I had a great time. It was a true battle, from the weather and the bad ass drivers.

Huge thanks to JRH for holding this event.

Huge thanks to Dlux for:
1. Bringing the gate markers and boundaries
2. Chairing the drivers meetings
3. Setting up courses
4. Judging courses
5. Cleaning up courses
6. Bringing extra parts and tools
7. Talking shit to me every chance possible:ror:

A SPECIAL thanks to Mike, Christian, Matthew, Harrison and Scot for the hospitality all weekend. They always had a spot to sit, a sandwich to eat, a bottle of water to drink, good times and laughter. New Mexico is very lucky to have these guys in their group."thumbsup"

It was great to see all of the friends that I have made over the past number of years. Thanks to Team Norway (Arve, Jens, & Steinar), Stephan, the Boston Crawlers, the PA crew, the BYB, the 5th D crew (quality group of guys and quality product), Fishmaxx, Mr and Mrs Belvedere (congrats BTW), Art "MF'ing" Bell, Extreme Scale Performance, RCP Crawlers (thanks Dave), and everyone else that I missed.

I would also like to thank the sponsors of this event. This was the best "give-aways" I have seen at a comp to date (no, I haven't been to NENC). Holmes Hobbies, RECON G6, RC4WD, 5th D, Lattice Innovations, OTTSIX Racing, Castle Creations, KNK Hardware, Pitbull Tires (I love the Pitbull hat that I won), CKRC, RCP Crawlers, RC Bros, and Barry's RC Carbon.

Congrats to Stilist on the 2.2S victory and JRock on the 2.2P victory. Both were well deserved.

I think that's it for now. My brain still hurts and it was 45*F when I left for work this morning.

Home Sweet Home.

See you next year...

Big thanks for the shoutout! Didn't expect to see Extreme Scale Performance mentioned to be honest. I gotta say other than me not being prepared for the heat I had a blast! This was a great opportunity for me to reconnect with the comp crawling crowd and to start learning my new camera. I loved every minute of it and hope to document this event more in the future. Thanks again!"thumbsup"

barrybelvedere 01-23-2016 10:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I would like to thank the fella or fellas (you know who you are) who decided to make our weekend even more awesome by having a worlds t-shirt signed by my crawler buds!"thumbsup" Thank you guys!

Why is RCC turning my pics too? I attempted to make all the pics right side up. there is some sort of bug up in here!

Crawllife 02-04-2016 09:09 AM

Your a great friend to Liz and I dude. The shirt was the least we could do ( not taking credit for the idea!)with missing the ceremony. We were all so upset that the gig was so late and we couldn't make it. Just in the event that you thought it was an easy decision for a lot of us. Not being there sucked. I can't wait to hang out soon! What big comps are you hitting this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk