RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawling Worlds (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/)
-   -   2015 Worlds JUDGES AND COURSE SETTERS (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/541308-2015-worlds-judges-course-setters.html)

Erik D_lux 07-28-2015 01:06 PM

2015 Worlds JUDGES AND COURSE SETTERS

We need some volunteers for course setting and judging. The amount of courses will most likely depend on how many are willing to help.

I think course setting for 2.2p is pretty well taken care of. If youre not experienced in course setting, it may be best to take a back seat. If you really want to help out, judging is where we need the most help.

I signed myself up for setting up too many courses. I did this because I know I can get it done, not necessarily because I want to. Even though I put my name on them, let me know if you can setup a course and I will gladly replace my name with yours.

2.2S Judges
1. Hittman
2. RICrawler/BC Brian
3. Ndnchief10

2.2S Course setters
1. Hittman
2. Jens
3. Un-Bolt
4. Cboggs
5. Ndnchief10

2.2P Judges
1. Dlux/Krawler Kev
2. Ndnchief10/Hittman
3. Del Monte/Un-Bolt
4. UMPI/Curcal
5. The Violator/mammoth
6. nappahdog/McEide

2.2P Course setters
1.Dlux
2.Hittman
3.Curcal
4.Fishmaxx
5.BC-Brian
6. Krawler Kev

1.9 Judges
1. Winnerone23
2. Un-Bolt

1.9 Course setters
1. Winnerone23

Super Judges
1.Dlux
2.Curcal
3.Krawler kev

Super course setters
1.Dlux
2.Dlux
3.Un-Bolt
4.Hittman
5.Curcal

Erik D_lux 07-28-2015 01:07 PM

Re: 2015 Worlds JUDGES AND COURSE SETTERS

JRH, I dont know what is going on for Unlimited or trail. If they need to be added to this list, let me know.

Erik D_lux 07-28-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Kev (Post 5269166)
Eh Hoser. I will setup a 2.2p course and will also judge. Not only that but I will either shotgun a beer, take a bong hit or take a shot for every gate that is hit on my course. Your choice!

Take off, eh. Go Canada! Comp crawling will never die!

Wow Kev! Thats the spirit! Thanks! Maybe a bit over done but we appreciate it! :flipoff:

JohnRobHolmes 07-28-2015 01:16 PM

Unlimited Mini will run with 1.9, with special gates where needed. Unlimited Standard will run with 2.2P, with special gates where needed. Trail will be integrated into the TrailMaster Challenge and will not be judged and set up like regular comp courses.

The unlimited special gates will depend on how many rigs there are, and how they are built. I can forsee 1.9 courses needing more "help" to challenge an unlimited rig, but a 2.2P course won't need as much besides a few tighter turns or something. We could also run the courses as-is without special gates to see how an unlimited rig stacks up against the standard class counterpart, it would make for an interesting and informative day.

Thanks for helping out on this portion Erik, the more people we can get to judge, the more courses we can run. If anything, we can use team judging for Sunday.

BC-Brian 07-28-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5269887)
The unlimited special gates will depend on how many rigs there are, and how they are built. I can forsee 1.9 courses needing more "help" to challenge an unlimited rig, but a 2.2P course won't need as much besides a few tighter turns or something. We could also run the courses as-is without special gates to see how an unlimited rig stacks up against the standard class counterpart, it would make for an interesting and informative day.

This is a cool concept but I think you would need to ensure someone that is Running 2.2P and 16" unlimited does not get a chance to "Pre-Run" the course with his unlimited and then hit it with his 2.2P.

Also Please sign me up to build a 2.2P course and RICrawler and I will go 50/50 on Judging Shafty.

JohnRobHolmes 07-28-2015 02:21 PM

2.2P and 1.9 (assuming they get more entrants) will have to be run first, then unlimited rigs. I think most folks who are in both classes will want to run back to back, more efficient on time and also a little knowledge bonus for the unlimited rig run.

un-bolt 07-28-2015 02:43 PM

If you need more help in course building, count me in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krawler Kev 07-28-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 5269884)
Wow Kev! Thats the spirit! Thanks! Maybe a bit over done but we appreciate it! :flipoff:

Holy Jeebus.

I sure sound like a typical Canadian.:roll:

Damn Utards......

Fishmaxx 07-28-2015 03:55 PM

I know Dlux is only trying to help, but I would be cautious having a somewhat local driver that's also a contender setting the majority of the courses. In all my years going to Nationals locals might get to build 1x course max (rare) and they are always paired with non local co-builders

It's a recipe for major drama:to give one driver that much control. shock:
Just my 2 cents"thumbsup"

I will do my part to practice what I preach and step up to build 2.2p course(s) "thumbsup"

Curcal 07-28-2015 04:21 PM

Im in to build course and judge for 2.2pro and Super. Id help with sport but i will not be there for that.

Hittman 07-28-2015 06:14 PM

2.2s Judge
2.2s Course Builder
2.2p Judge
2.2p Course Builder
Super Course Builder

Why not right??

And as far as the unlimited rigs go.. Running them on the same courses, after the corresponding class has ran is a perfect idea. Most people running unlimited class rigs probably don't know their rig too well? It wouldn't hurt to run them on a course that is kinda familiar. Probably more the case for the 16" rigs, but keeping it the same for both is fine.

JENS 07-29-2015 12:04 AM

I'm in on course building "thumbsup"

Erik D_lux 07-29-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5269887)
The unlimited special gates will depend on how many rigs there are, and how they are built.

Sounds like this is something that we will figure out?.... Also sounds like maybe we could do the judge yourself or team judging and not too many will care since it looks to be a low turnout?

Let me know if anything changes and I will edit the first post to pull some help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC-Brian (Post 5269905)
Also Please sign me up to build a 2.2P course and RICrawler and I will go 50/50 on Judging Shafty.

Thanks for the help!

For judging, is there a way to talk you guys into doing a full course by yourself? If you do 50/50, then you run into the consistency problems of not being judged by the same people on every course. If you dont want to or cant do a full course and 50/50 is the best you can do, we will take that. Thanks again for stepping up and helping out! People like you will make this a great event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by un-bolt (Post 5269941)
If you need more help in course building, count me in...

We do. Which courses would you like to set?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Kev (Post 5269944)
Holy Jeebus.

I sure sound like a typical Canadian.:roll:

Damn Utards......

Typical Canadian you are... We have all seen Strange Brew. What a great documentary that was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENS (Post 5270286)

Great! Which class(es)?

JENS 07-29-2015 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENS (Post 5270286)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 5270332)
Great! Which class(es)?

2.2s and 2.2p preferably ;-)

un-bolt 07-29-2015 01:41 PM

I can do 2.2p, 2.2s or super course??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erik D_lux 07-30-2015 06:32 AM

Great! Thanks for the help un-bolt!

Looking at the numbers, there are approx 42 positions that need filled. When we are expecting somewhere around 50 people to compete, that pretty much means that everybody would need to fill a position in order to pull their weight. If not, somebody is pulling your weight for you! It would be great if we were in a position where we could just sit back and let others do work for us. Its not that way right now. If youre not filling one of the positions that need help, youre directly hurting our hobby.

Approx 21 spots needed to be filled for judging. Right now, we have 4 people pulling the weight of 7 and still need 14 spots filled!

Approx 21 spots needed to be filled for course setting. Right now, we have 8 people pulling the weight 14 and still need 7 spots filled!

There are 8 people pulling the weight of 21 people!!!!!!

I am all for helping out and getting some good run time in with proper judging but,... if we as a whole dont have enough sense and offer up some self sacrifice to help and save ourselves, then all is lost, burn this thing to the ground. Right now the hobby needs our help more than ever. This could be the year where it either turns and grows or turns and dies off for good. If you dont think that YOU have a choice in where it goes, YOURE MISTAKEN!

This is the last I will say about the whole thing. Right now, we would be running the same plan as what I thought we were trying so hard to rally against. Maybe it was just me that was opposed. If so, sorry, lets just go back to the original plan. If this all stays the same, we will have 4 2.2p courses, hopefully more than 2-3 courses for all the other classes (if anybody else decides to step up) and team judging looks like it could be here to stay?

winnerone23 07-30-2015 11:00 AM

I'll snag 1.9 building and judging. To start with....

cboggs 07-30-2015 11:55 AM

I can set up courses for any class you need."thumbsup"

Krawler Kev 07-30-2015 02:35 PM

I see a lot of people willing to set-up courses........

But not nearly as many volunteering to judge:roll:

This is becoming a major issue with comp crawling. Why no volunteers? Scared to make a mistake? Feel like judging will hold you back from winning? Don't want to "ruin" your vacation? Feel you have "paid your dues"?

Post up some answers to my question above.

I volunteered ASAP as I want to run as many courses as possible and without volunteers I will be stuck running 4 courses. 4 courses for a Worlds title is very disappointing.

BC-Brian 07-30-2015 03:55 PM

I have no problem judging, I do it for my own club and I do it when I go to large events (Nats/Regionals). I volunteered to split the duties judging a course but was told that that would not be consistent. I am hesitant to sign up to be the SOLE judge running a course all day because I feel I will be stuck there all day. This seems to be different than other years where there were 2-3 judges per course so they could share duty, go run a course, take a bathroom break, etc. It is the same concern I have with team format because that can lead to one or two guys in the team doing all the work while the others vanish for hours on end.

I hope we can figure out a way to make this go down without burning out the handful of people that volunteer... Maybe team format is the way to do it... Perhaps you can incentivise the team members to do all pitch in by awarding the "best" teammate on each team (decided by captain or vote) something cool to win.