Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Super Bully Steering Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Super Bully Steering Question

I'm waiting for parts to arrive, but I'm going to be building a Super Bully. I'll be using my DX3r. I don't want to have to buy a 4 channel radio, and there is no super class comps in my area. This will be a strictly for fun build but I still want it to perform. Should I run the Punk dig or use my 3rd channel for rear steer, knowing that it will be either full left, center or right steering. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
cwneuwirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I was pondering the situation too. I have a dx3r and I really REALLY cant afford to go futaba. I have a dx6 that I used last year but I just can't get the stick down. I look like a 2 year old driving it. Turning wrong front and rears going forwards and backwards urgh lol
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I came across this same question myself a few weeks ago. I went with the PunkRc Dig unit. For a couple of Reasons. F/R Dig helps in turning, but also Climbs and desends. The settings are very close to the same as my 2.2. So setting it up was a breeze. I didn't have to get used to the Controls. It was just like driving my 2.2, just bigger.

But there is always the DX6 Radio... Can be found for close to $100..
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Go with stick radio and have it all. When I first set up my super I had dx3r with 3 position rear stear. I didn't like how I couldn't control the clod stall. I think it's more fun to have total control of both axles.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
R.I.P. Chip

I've always picked rear steer over dig.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I've always picked rear steer over dig.
X2 then I picked a DX6
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
I came across this same question myself a few weeks ago. I went with the PunkRc Dig unit. For a couple of Reasons. F/R Dig helps in turning, but also Climbs and desends. The settings are very close to the same as my 2.2. So setting it up was a breeze. I didn't have to get used to the Controls. It was just like driving my 2.2, just bigger.

But there is always the DX6 Radio... Can be found for close to $100..
Hello,

fully agreed I'm running my 2.2 Bully Skeeter and my SC both with
PunkRC's and don't even think about how to control, it becomes like a reflex.

Greetings Frank
Dr.Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #8
Who's your Daddy-0!

Why not do what I think I'm going to do next year. Punk dig, ESC, and run a servo Y harness/reverser? This way you get dig and still have 4WS you just don't have independent control of the rear. And do it all on the DX3R. At least this way you still have 4WS with dig on a 3ch TX
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Why not do what I think I'm going to do next year. Punk dig, ESC, and run a servo Y harness/reverser? This way you get dig and still have 4WS you just don't have independent control of the rear. And do it all on the DX3R. At least this way you still have 4WS with dig on a 3ch TX
I had this same idea and was told it does not work very well. The consensus was that there are more times you don't want the rear steering than you do. BUT, I have yet to try anything yet. I am hoping to have a super by Christmas time.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post

I tried that. I really wish it woulda worked. It is really a hinderance though most of the time. You'll be halvway through a gate and need to start turning the front but the back will turn right into the gate. Or be trying to turn the front around a shear face and it slams the back right into it
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for all the info guys. I picked up a DX6 off ebay today. I'll give the stick thing a try If it doesn't work out you'll see it back on ebay Now if those axles would just show up.
cwneuwirth is offline   Reply With Quote