Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: What Happened?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default What Happened?

So yesterday at the comp my rig died on the finals course. I just figured it was the battery hitting the lipo cutoff. I went to charge said battery and its still at 11v. I did notice something strange. With the battery out of the rig, I spin either the front or rear tires and the other tires spin too like if it was a shafty. It shouldn't do this. I can't get the crawler to move under its own power with the battery. Did something get fried?
kooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooter View Post
So yesterday at the comp my rig died on the finals course. I just figured it was the battery hitting the lipo cutoff. I went to charge said battery and its still at 11v. I did notice something strange. With the battery out of the rig, I spin either the front or rear tires and the other tires spin too like if it was a shafty. It shouldn't do this. I can't get the crawler to move under its own power with the battery. Did something get fried?
Not sure what's wrong with your rig, but that 'shafty likeness' is normal for MOA rigs. It is caused by the motor you spin generating power and since the two motors are wired to each other, the other motor turns using the power you generated.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info. This is my first MOA rig so I just never noticed this before.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
Custom Carbon Fiber

how old are the motors? check brushes, maybe the hung up or need replacing? different pack do the same thing?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Motors are newer. Probably had 4 or 5 batteries through them. I'll take a look at them just to make sure they're good.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

check gear mesh also. with motors getting smashed up on rocks the mesh can get very very tight doesnt happen often that it stalls out the motors but could be one of the causes. also as stated above check brushes i knwo my integys are about 3 months old and the brushes are allready chipped big time so im haveing alot of power loss from this also
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Found the problem. Guess my soldering wasn't good enough as I broke a joint between a deans end and a wire from the ESC. Thanks for the ideas and I'll take a look at the mesh. I'm getting ready to swap out the 55's for 45's.