Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Bully 2.2 Black Delrin Inverted Servo Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Bully 2.2 Black Delrin Inverted Servo Mount

This has been released for sale. The offical post is in the Vendor Section. Here is the link:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...59#post2125559

I have 10 in this initial batch (To see if people really wanted them)...IF these sell out, I will be ordering 20 more ASAP. Please see the Vendor thread for ordering details.

xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Hey Josh, Are these still the original design like the one I tested out for ya?
carbonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Looking good Josh! These are going to be a nice addition to the Bullies!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:00 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonuts View Post
Hey Josh, Are these still the original design like the one I tested out for ya?

No. The one that I gave to you was "hand-cut" revision #2. I had tried to go thinner at the transmission and at the servo in an effort to make the mount a little less bulky....it just sacrificed too much strength (as you found out) This caused a weakness. This is closer to the original that I have been running since August. Actually this one is even thicker at the transmission and servo than the original. The last batch of "hand-cuts" that Rock Fink and Krakker are running are actually cut using the PRODUCTION template. They were the final "hand-cuts" before going to a production model. The one you had (rev #2) was a version that I should never have tried. It sacrificed tooo much.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
No. The one that I gave to you was "hand-cut" revision #2. I had tried to go thinner at the transmission and at the servo in an effort to make the mount a little less bulky....it just sacrificed too much strength (as you found out) This caused a weakness. This is closer to the original that I have been running since August. Actually this one is even thicker at the transmission and servo than the original. The last batch of "hand-cuts" that Rock Fink and Krakker are running are actually cut using the PRODUCTION template. They were the final "hand-cuts" before going to a production model. The one you had (rev #2) was a version that I should never have tried. It sacrificed tooo much.

Glad to hear it.
Will these work with one of the Robotronics arms? Also curious if it will work with a BTA setup.
carbonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Hobbies View Post
Looking good Josh! These are going to be a nice addition to the Bullies!

-Jason

Thanks!! I truly hope that they work for others as well as they have worked for me. I need to figure out a variant for Jeff's (AddictedtoNitro's) stick build. I just need to get that truck in front of me to figure out the little changes....but I have an idea for those stick guys.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonuts View Post
Glad to hear it.
Will these work with one of the Robotronics arms? Also curious if it will work with a BTA setup.

I have the IMEX arm that is similar to the ROBOTRONICS in terms of thickness and length. They fit just fine. The spacers can either be raised using m3 washers or lowered via grinding....or new ones made to fit the length required to clear the horn at the axle tube. As long as the spacer material is solid, then you couls make/adjust spacers with any material that is laying around. The space between the face of the horn and the flat of the axle should be VERY close...adjust spacer length according to that space.

I have NOT tried a BTA setup, but I think that one could be attempted with this bracket.

Last edited by xirtic; 11-25-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

SICK!!
PM sent
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

PM and money sent, these are PIMP!!! Review will be posted as well when I receive it and mount it up.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I got 2 words for this mount: AWESOME!!! X's 2.

With a bent link from the servo arm, a BTA is possible with remounting the knuckles from high to low in the reverse position. It will take some doing to get it perfect but I think it would make a nice addition or option for the mount. I had to grind mine a bit at the outer corners to make room for the thick tie rod, but still, it puts the steering up higher than normal and keep the arc the same as the knuckles. Pure genious!
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

another fine addition to the bully line of parts pshh who needs a berg when you have the reliability and support of rc4wd and the bully vendors who push these axels even further then anyone had originally dreamed of first 10 look to be sold out cant wait to start seeing build threads start poping up
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
I got 2 words for this mount: AWESOME!!! X's 2.

With a bent link from the servo arm, a BTA is possible with remounting the knuckles from high to low in the reverse position. It will take some doing to get it perfect but I think it would make a nice addition or option for the mount. I had to grind mine a bit at the outer corners to make room for the thick tie rod, but still, it puts the steering up higher than normal and keep the arc the same as the knuckles. Pure genious!

I am glad that you are liking this unit. You have the final revision of the HAND-CUT units....so it is almost IDENTICAL to the PRODUCTION units...just a little more rough at the cuts....and WHITE DELRIN. I will eventually chase a BTA option for this mount...it just takes time, and I have a few other things going now as well....stay tuned.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuup5150 View Post
another fine addition to the bully line of parts pshh who needs a berg when you have the reliability and support of rc4wd and the bully vendors who push these axels even further then anyone had originally dreamed of first 10 look to be sold out cant wait to start seeing build threads start poping up

The first 10 sold out in 6 hours. Thanks RCC Members for supporting the initial launch of this product. I will be ordering 20 more ASAP!! (I truly did not expect them to go THIS fast.)
Old 11-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

about time you got these out!!! With the amount of inquiries I got I could have told you they would sell QUICK.

Good luck figuring out a way to make it work on addictes stick... I stared at it for an hr trying to figure it out (of course he was behind me yelling at me to just get the truck done)
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Got mine ordered. I think im going to mount the servo on top of the plate. I just ordered like 300 titanium screws from the rc4wd sale so the 22mm ones will be perfect for this. I cant wait!
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:04 AM   #16
RCC Addict

The initial 10 are all packaged up for the post office....I will be getting them out tomorrow morning after hitting the EARLY MORNING "Black Friday" sales. You will all get PayPal shipping confirmations by tomorrow afternoon.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
The initial 10 are all packaged up for the post office....I will be getting them out tomorrow morning after hitting the EARLY MORNING "Black Friday" sales. You will all get PayPal shipping confirmations by tomorrow afternoon.
Good luck with the sales. I have a couple of my late night employees going straight to best buy at like 4am after work to wait, lol.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #18
RCC Addict

I wanna see a pic of one with servo all mounted up with steering link and all.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Unfortunately I have sold all of the PRODUCTION models, and all that I have left are the prototypes that are shown in my build thread as well as KRAKKERS build thread. When I get the next larger batch in, I will gladly grab one and take some installed photos. Most of the guys who grabbed up the first order were already familiar with the product by either seeing/using a prototype, or seeing my rig at a comp/event....but I do understand the want/need to see the production unit installed. I will get that done when the new batch arrives next week. I am new at this Vendor Thing....I will eventually get things done in the correct order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
I wanna see a pic of one with servo all mounted up with steering link and all.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Ok thanks xirtic.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote