Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RC4wd's ROCKER DIG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #161
Rock Stacker

Default Re: RC4wd's ROCKER DIG

Sorry for the resurrection, but has there been any more feedback on these in 2 years? I guess they must be working for most people, since they are still on sale, and the community has gone quiet...

I have one on the way, if it doesn't work properly I'll go to dual ESCs, I agree with another comment further up that if you have a compatible radio, you can get another ESC for only a tad more than the Punk dig, seems more sensible.
Foxy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #162
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy42 View Post
Sorry for the resurrection, but has there been any more feedback on these in 2 years? I guess they must be working for most people, since they are still on sale, and the community has gone quiet...

I have one on the way, if it doesn't work properly I'll go to dual ESCs, I agree with another comment further up that if you have a compatible radio, you can get another ESC for only a tad more than the Punk dig, seems more sensible.
Chances are that most that were running a dig unit (regardless of who made it) have gone to dual ESC's.

My 1st rig was a used 2.2 Bully with a single Castle ESC & servo dig. It worked, but dual ESC's happened quickly after that.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy42 View Post

Sorry for the re-resurrection.
But when I looked for reference - I couldn't fine any conclusion or concrete up to date information, so I'm putting this here for anyone looking for updated information

I went and bought the RC4WD Rocker DIG II recently

the product works perfectly, no problem with documentation, no problem with installation and no problems with operation so far.

Only issue I encountered was that one of the motors was working in reverse - a swap of its wires solved this problem.

locks up the motors on any kind of terrain in any type of descent.
clear indications
Clear indications as to what it is doing by led lights

So, not trying to convince anyone, but if you are like me, looking for a conclusion - here it is, it works, so you have an option of punk rc (70$), rc4wd (40$) or novac (integrated with esc) if you opt for single esc option

hopes this helps anybody, and sorry for raising a very old thread, not intending to offend just help
Shmilcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmilcat View Post
Sorry for the re-resurrection.
But when I looked for reference - I couldn't fine any conclusion or concrete up to date information, so I'm putting this here for anyone looking for updated information

I went and bought the RC4WD Rocker DIG II recently

the product works perfectly, no problem with documentation, no problem with installation and no problems with operation so far.

Only issue I encountered was that one of the motors was working in reverse - a swap of its wires solved this problem.

locks up the motors on any kind of terrain in any type of descent.
clear indications
Clear indications as to what it is doing by led lights

So, not trying to convince anyone, but if you are like me, looking for a conclusion - here it is, it works, so you have an option of punk rc (70$), rc4wd (40$) or novac (integrated with esc) if you opt for single esc option

hopes this helps anybody, and sorry for raising a very old thread, not intending to offend just help
Thanks for the review.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #165

I just bought a new Rocker Dig II it came on the mail today and I'm trying to wire it up. The RC4WD website instructions are not very informative IMO. I have blown the last hour reading through these 9 pages and nothing about installation or pictures. It's supposed to be plug and play? It looks to me more like splicing and soldering! I mean how am I supposed to wire the short red and black wired to the Esc when that's where the battery in plugged in. Then run the long wires to each of the motors... What about the wires that come from the ESC that go to the motors? Do j just leave them hanging unplugged? Could someone please tell me how they have this wired. I don't mind cutting and soldering but it would be nice to have a little more detail on the website. Also is this WATERPROOF at all ?? Thanks in advance
Vwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

On the dig switch, there is 6 wires. 2 in middle hook up to your single esc. Then 4 other wires, 2 to front and 2 to rear. The 2 wires going to my front motor is switched colors (red to black, black to red). Then 2 wires going to rear is red to red, black to black. Also your esc should have 4 wires, 2 for battery and 2 for motor. Pictures of what you have will help.

I dont think its waterproof.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Very straightforward , not waterproof

HANG UP AND DRIVE !
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote