Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Stub's Dlux HALLSTYLE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Stub's Dlux HALLSTYLE

HALLSTYLE starts at post #284

I got this the axles in a trade a little while ago. I was tired of fixing my LCC MOA after every time i drove it. This thing never breaks (knock on wood) Im at 5 lb 11 oz. Front wheel/tire weight is 11oz and the rear is 5oz.

-T1E Stage chassis
-SCX-10 shocks
-LW Bully axles
-V6 XVD's
-Epic 45t's 13t front/12t rear
-ripper steering
-Hitec 7950-th
-Punk dig
-FXR
-CC bec (set at 7v)
-LCC wheels
-Rovers with f400 foam

This chassis has been working great. I was having some serious issues with it when i built it up. The rear tires would drive under the truck whenever i tried to climb anything semi steep. After talking to people and the guy at T1E i decided the link separation was to much on the rear axles. I drilled a new hole as low as possible on the rear upper link mount and PERFECT

Rocking it at the Night Comp. Guess Parker thought it would be funny to make us drive through shaving cream I got the low score on the course though

Last edited by stubs179; 10-01-2012 at 04:21 PM.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

you have a shot of the steering locked out? do the tires get into the springs?
yjdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjdavid View Post
Dont they all
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My shocks are going to be polished with my tires rubbing them like they are now.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
They do a little. I had to turn the shocks right side up because the tires were turning the spring adjusters. I ground the crap out of the gear case and have shorter spacers on the top shock mount than the white ones that come with the chassis. So with the skinny scx-10 shocks and i have them moved in as much as possible they seam to work good.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
Dont they all
haha yeah my big bores are losing color as well from rubs on mine and their use on my previous rig.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I've been using a slightly wider hex up front for a while now. It helps a little with the rubbing issue without making the front too wide yet.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
I've been using a slightly wider hex up front for a while now. It helps a little with the rubbing issue without making the front too wide yet.
which hexes are you using? I have been trying to find 12mm hex stock that I could turn down in to new wider hexes, but can't find any stock locally.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
How wide are you in the front. With the V6 xvd's and losi wheels i am at 10 3/8. And a 1/4" wider than the rear. Seams to be about perfect.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
which hexes are you using? I have been trying to find 12mm hex stock that I could turn down in to new wider hexes, but can't find any stock locally.

I also tried to find a wider hex for some time with no luck. I then decided to use parts out of a HotRacing Wide hex hub set I had laying around.

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...1o72bt181qids3

I used the part marked with orange to make a pair of wider hexes.

However, the aluminun is a bit soft and I'm seeing some wear on the hex pin slots after a few months of driving. As soon as they are back in stock, I'll switch over to the the V6 xvd's. I believe they will widen the front enough and should be 100% bomb proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
How wide are you in the front. With the V6 xvd's and losi wheels i am at 10 3/8. And a 1/4" wider than the rear. Seams to be about perfect.
I'm at 10.8in, measured from outer tire bed to bed. Hex to hex is 7.8in. I'm also using narrowed Axial wheels with an offset that helps to keep the tires away from the shocks.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #11
RCC Addict

shaving cream?.....where do you comp at
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
shaving cream?.....where do you comp at

Can you believe we actually paid to drive threw it I wish they would post the scores. I think i did really good and i know i set a low score for at least one course.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
RCC Addict

I have now broken both of the XVD pins in my V6's and the pin in the drive gear. I had to replace the XVD pins with a #41 drill bit since RC4WD is out of them. The #41 drill bit is the exact same size (0.096") so it will be easy the get more if these ones break. They stock the at Ace Hardware.

I had to get a new body the other day. Ripped the back off the old one at a comp last weekend. I decided to go with a body that wouldn't interfere with the shocks as much as the grappler pro. I love the look of the grapper pro but a just had so many clearance issues with it.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

seems weird to break that many pins that fast....are you sure your steering is not binding up at full lock or something???
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
seems weird to break that many pins that fast....are you sure your steering is not binding up at full lock or something???
x2

I believe it would be a good idea to remove the motor and check that the front drive shafts are spinning freely with the steering in the middle and full right/left.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Sorry that sounded bad. It has been over the course of a couple of months and i put at least 6 to 8 packs through it a week. The pin in the gear broke the first time i drove it. I broke a XVD pin about 3 weeks ago and the other one was not broked but bent in a Z shape and was bining up the axle. I think these V6's are from the run where poeple were having the same problem. I have seen this isues in a couple of other threads.

The Bully axles have been so good. They are so reliable. I know nothing is bulletproof but these things are amazing. When i had my Losi a was always jelous of the Berg guys because they would come to practic and comps with just there rig and radio. Not even woried about anything breaking. Now that is how i am. If anything does crap out it is something that can wait until i am home. I have not had to cut one comp or practice short because of the truck. Today was the closest i have come and that was because i lost the velcro strap that holds my battery to the upper links.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

gotcha...you may want to check for binding just in case...I run mine a fair amount too and have never broke any pins so to hear your breaking and bending them has me wondering whats up..

your rig looks real nice...and I like the parma body more then the other body you had anyways..
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
gotcha...you may want to check for binding just in case...I run mine a fair amount too and have never broke any pins so to hear your breaking and bending them has me wondering whats up..

your rig looks real nice...and I like the parma body more then the other body you had anyways..
Thanks

It was between the Exciter and the XR10 body. I think it looks good after i cut it up some. They are kinda bulky looking stock.

There is no binding issues in the axle. I check them regularly, that is how i found the bent pin.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #19
RCC Addict

This is a short vid from the comp last weekend. It was way steeper than it looks in the video. I was one of i think 2 or 3 people to make the climb and the only one without a stick radio. It was just a fun course we set up after the comp was over.

Jeremy

(Thanks prusik333 for the vid!)

I finally got my brother to turn down my rear axles today. He is no expert and we were kinda learning as we went. But they didn't turn out half bad. They are turned down to 12.5mm and weigh in at 45.1 grams.

Last edited by stubs179; 10-05-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #20
RCC Addict

That rear axle turned out great
and that was a sick climb, I should have taken the video off to the side to show how steep it was. I heard you and only one other guy made it
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stub's Dlux HALLSTYLE - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DLUX 2.2 AND 1.9 wheels Erik D_lux Vendors Tires and wheels 136 12-02-2015 08:24 AM
catpwreds Hallstyle 2013 build catpwred EnRoute Berg 26 01-02-2013 10:20 PM