RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC4WD Bully (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-bully/)
-   -   bully axles pros-cons ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-bully/418452-bully-axles-pros-cons.html)

rc dreemer 12-18-2012 08:53 PM

bully axles pros-cons ?

i am looking into purchasing a set of the v2 axles (rc4wd). i am wondering what the good/bad of them are8)?? how do they compare to xr10 MOA's:roll:?? it seems that a neg(?) is the weight of them:oops:.

any guidance is very appreciated!!!"thumbsup";-)

thanks!!!"thumbsup"

xkill 12-19-2012 06:44 AM

Re: bully axles pros-cons ?

The way I see it, they are pretty much idiot proof...
And because this was my first real crawler that was a plus.

On the other hand they require a "bit" more work so if you have the tools and the will that is OK. For me that was also kind of a plus since I like the type of work that is required.

I see a lot of people on the XR10 adding aluminum parts to their axles.
Here you have plenty of aluminum and you can add some plastic :mrgreen:

Someone said that it was easier to start with a heavy, but bullet proof, set of axles and make them lighter than star with something light and have to change a lot of things to make them last.
For me that really makes sense!!

rc dreemer 12-19-2012 07:42 AM

xkill,
thanks!! i like the info. i enjoy the "modding" part of this hobby (the little i do know about it:lmao:) i think i like the bully axles from what i have read, but i am a little unsure as to the "parts availability" related to wearing & replacing of any axle parts:oops:;-)

thanks!!!

Ghost 12-19-2012 08:07 AM

I have been running my bullies for a couple of seacons now with PARC and the only things I have broken in them are 2 pinion gears and one pin in the front axle when the pinion let go from being in a nasty bind. the gears are beefy so no worries there, and parts are available from rc4wd if you do manage to break something

bbking9 12-19-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc dreemer (Post 4077732)
xkill,
thanks!! i like the info. i enjoy the "modding" part of this hobby (the little i do know about it:lmao:) i think i like the bully axles from what i have read, but i am a little unsure as to the "parts availability" related to wearing & replacing of any axle parts:oops:;-)

thanks!!!

"Replacement Parts" - you don't need no stinking replacement parts !!

rc dreemer 12-19-2012 10:04 AM

ghost,
thank you for the info:)... maybe see ya out on trail sometime!;-)

bbking9,
LOL!!!:lmao::lmao: .... I have read that they are very strong though....:ror:

thanks!!

Ghost 12-19-2012 10:12 AM

no problem on the info, I am the only one running bullies in the club, I love a challange but it keeps getting better with time, it does still need to loose a bit more weight but it is way better than it was, its about 6.5 lbs now

rc dreemer 12-19-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost (Post 4078028)
no problem on the info, I am the only one running bullies in the club, I love a challange but it keeps getting better with time, it does still need to loose a bit more weight but it is way better than it was, its about 6.5 lbs now

ghost,
yea i would imagine that the bullys are not quite as "popular" as the xr's....:lmao:. i am not really looking into compin'.... just have a friend w/ a xr10 & now that they are a collector's item:ror:.... i thought the bully's would be a close second as far as "stuff" for them;-)...

thanks!!"thumbsup"

rc dreemer 12-19-2012 12:35 PM

ghost,
would you mind sharing what kinda setup you have?? or by chance do you have a build thread going?? looking into ESC'S & thinking i might try to just run one esc with the motors in parrallel:oops:????

thoughts!!

Ghost 12-19-2012 12:56 PM

not at ,running a holmes brxl with a punk dig, 35 turn integy front and 45 integy rear till I can afford better motors,3 cell lipos for power, savox sa-1230sg servo ran directly off a cc bec @ 6v,all on a spektrum dx3c radio, viper I chassis, plastic scx10 shocks, set of custom built .7" wheels with white dot rovers,proline memory foams (going to change them out later with nona's)let me know if you have any other questions

reden 12-20-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbking9 (Post 4077853)
"Replacement Parts" - you don't need no stinking replacement parts !!

"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"
The only thing in ever replaced on my Bully axles was a cap screw after I over used thread lock and damaged the hex.:mrgreen:

Things to do on the Viper II chassis.
Move front dampers to the outside and lower the stance.
They do indeed side hill very well. Just depends on the setup.
Also clock the front axle.

Must say those are some nice knuckle weights.

CodyCrawler 02-06-2013 02:14 AM

Bullys are super fun to build and very strong. Anyone can bolt 500 dollars worth of VP on their xr10 axles, I enjoy working on mine and slowly making it better.

And if you like bolt ons or dont have access to a lathe then get some DLUX tubes and lighten er up that way.

Check out stubs179 "STUB'S DLUX HALLSTYLE" build thread for some killer info

HA! replacement parts. One axle pin in a super bind. but they are all right there on RC$WD. funny how 4x4 in caps is $X$

rc dreemer 02-27-2013 08:03 AM

well I am still "mulling it over" i am a little concerned lately about rc4wd & the "Ability" to be able to order & recieve items from them:oops::cry: i have read that there are a few here who have not had a good experience. anyways i am looking & if a good deal comes along i will pull the trigger"thumbsup" i am reading through some build threads as well to get some ideas....

my luck i will get some axles & get about half way through the build & axial will finally come out with a "revised" xr10 version!!:shock: :lmao:

thanks!:ror:

Bigdrewbowski 02-27-2013 11:58 AM

I have placed several orders with RC4WD and have never had a problem.

stubs179 03-01-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodyCrawler (Post 4164892)
Bullys are super fun to build and very strong. Anyone can bolt 500 dollars worth of VP on their xr10 axles, I enjoy working on mine and slowly making it better.

And if you like bolt ons or dont have access to a lathe then get some DLUX tubes and lighten er up that way.

Check out stubs179 "STUB'S DLUX HALLSTYLE" build thread for some killer info

HA! replacement parts. One axle pin in a super bind. but they are all right there on RC$WD. funny how 4x4 in caps is $X$

Haha, thanks"thumbsup"

Bully axles are beefy axles and if your willing to put some elbow grease in them they can be made fairly light weight.

And if you want to get crazy with them Dlux is your man. He has super strong pins for the cvd's/hexes, he milled 1 set of gears and lost over 1oz, delrin tubes, sweat ass upper link mount, and whatever else you could think of!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc dreemer (Post 4203592)
well I am still "mulling it over" i am a little concerned lately about rc4wd & the "Ability" to be able to order & recieve items from them:oops::cry: i have read that there are a few here who have not had a good experience. anyways i am looking & if a good deal comes along i will pull the trigger"thumbsup" i am reading through some build threads as well to get some ideas....

my luck i will get some axles & get about half way through the build & axial will finally come out with a "revised" xr10 version!!:shock: :lmao:

thanks!:ror:

Of course there will be issues now and again. I dough there are many companies on this forum that deal in the quantity as RC4WD. Even if 1% of their orders get messed up, they probably have a couple hundred orders a week. Where as the average retailer on here has maybe 50-60? I have ordered a lot of stuff from them and never had an issues.

rc dreemer 03-01-2013 06:03 PM

all,
thanks!!"thumbsup" the information is great!!!"thumbsup" i have a couple lines out for possible axle choices & if any pan out then i will let it be known:ror:. money is very tight right now & i will not be able to do much of anything once purchased:oops::cry: , but in the meantime, i will be reading all the builds in here & asking alot of dumb questions to you seasoned vets!!:lmao:it sound like dlux (eric) is the go-to guy so i will see some of the options there....

thanks again!!!;-)