Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Bully 2 a.k.a Koppensneller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2015, 02:39 AM   #301
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RC4WD Bully 2 a.k.a Koppensneller

Congrats to your victorys at nordics in 3 classes and second place in superclass
Great job
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2015, 04:27 AM   #302
Pebble Pounder

Congrats to the amazing results at Nordics!

And thanks for showing the rest of us how to run rock crawlers
rofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:38 AM   #303
RCC Addict

Quite a performance, once again!

Congratulations!
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #304
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
Congrats to your victorys at nordics in 3 classes and second place in superclass
Great job
Thanks Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofo View Post
Congrats to the amazing results at Nordics!

And thanks for showing the rest of us how to run rock crawlers
Thanks, it surely was a great weekend in terms of driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
Quite a performance, once again!

Congratulations!
Thank you Tomi!

I'll just leave this here.
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #305
Pebble Pounder

Very tough course But exactly the right for a final course and great rocks too!
Are there any other videos from the Pro-class?
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #306
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
Very tough course But exactly the right for a final course and great rocks too!
Are there any other videos from the Pro-class?
It was tough one and I'm still pretty impressed of my performance. More videos coming right up!

A little story coming up to you what happened last weekend in Norway.

Saturday morning in was the turn of the tech.

Here is my rig on course two.

There were three courses in the morning and three in the afternoon.

First three courses were quite easy with only few harder gates. You don't wanna mess here!

Rig was working without single incident the whole weekend. Just like it should!

Going for the last gates of course two.

I was able to squeeze myself into the semi finals. (top 10) Here is the course in question.

Tactical driving to make it to the finish line.

All is going as planned.

I got really good touch in terms of driving the rig in both of the final courses. Everything went smooth, without bigger mistakes.

Going for the tenth gate of the semi final course.

Hangover before the finals?

The final course was named "Arve's revenge two". Is seemed to be extremely tough.

Gate two cleared.

At first gate three seemed to be one of the trickiest on the course. Luckily my idea of the line and approach worked.

Gate five soon to be progressed.

On the way to gate seven. I have been driving quite a lot in this sort of terrain, and I think that helped me a lot in there.

Yet again my idea of approach worked out just the way I planned. Can it go any better?!

On the way to gate eight my front tire grabbed a little bit on the big rock. Nothing to be worry about though.

Gate nine.

Working for the line to gate ten.

It's going, IT'S GOING!!

This has to be one of the best performances I have ever made. The feeling was beyond reach after the course, let me tell you.

Time to show the courses in moving picture!

Course 1 - (-20/-20)

The first three courses in the morning was made to be easy. This first one had only one really tricky gate. Gate five, where some of the drivers took one gate, others even two. I didn't have any issues on this one and was able to clear it without penalties.

Course 2 - (-20/-20)

This course two, if possible was even easier than the first one. Absolutely no drama there what so ever. Gate nine was a problem for few drivers, but mainly the scores were clean.

Course 3 - (-20/-20)

Course three was the hardest of the morning courses. Some tricky gates, which were suprisingly exact about the line. In this course, I had no problems and the mood was good on the driving. After the three first courses I was in the lead with LaaLaa on -60 points. So only two guys went all three without mistakes.

Course 4 - (+16/-20)

This course was the hardest one of all weekend. For us when we turned down there, the wind and the waves had grown a lot. The sea was coming in for the course. Salty ocean water was practicly raining horizontally and that's why the lens of the camera is so poor at this and the rest of the courses. I even had to do the same thing, than in the Worlds last year. Drive without my glasses. This course relly didn't go as planned. One reverse all the way to the gate five, which was really tricky to clear. Got roll over and a straddle from there, and that was only the start of things. On gate seven I hit a stupid marker and on the way to gate ten I falled off the cliff and had 40 seconds left on the watch, so another straddle. My points were only positive thing in this course. Nuff said.

Course 5 - (-20/-20)

This course was basically on the highest point of the comp site we drove in. The wind had to be somewhere round 20m/s, cause at some points you really had troble to stand. After this course the microfone of the camera is a wreck. Course was yet another tough one. Luckily it was good for me. Only panic was on gate seven, where I couldn't reach the top at first time on a proper line. Then the rig rolled over and almost hit a gate. After all I managed to go without penalties and that's the main thing. I already lost my lead on the fourth course.

Course 6 - (+5/-20)
As it turned out we had one classic example how not to use the camera. It has started recording this course when I was in the finish line. So no video from this one. I was the first of our little crew to go for this course. Gate one - no problem. On gate two there was few "steps" to go for the gate. Steps were just in the right angle for the rigs wheelbase to not carry enough width for making it. Tried couple of times and rolled on to the first gate. Then I decided it would be safer way to straddle it and continue for the rest of the course. All the other gates went well except for two reverses and I ended up with positive five points from this course. Could have gone better... Main thing though, was to get to the semi finals (top ten). That I was able to do with -59 total points, that I had after the qualification.

Semi Final Course - (0/-20)

Semi final course was up next. I think I was fifth after qualification, but that didn't have any effect on the semi finals other than driving order. Allthought that didn't really matter either, cause the drivers were not able to see other perfomances. I went to the course and after seeing it, I decided to straddle gate three. There was too big risk of falling down from the rock and that would take some time to continue. All did go as planned to gate nine, but there I paniced when the rig started to roll and floored it on gate nine. Another straddle. Made it to finish and asked from the guys how did I do. At that point zero points was the best result and actually it stayed like that. So I carried two point lead over BOLT and 14 point lead over LaaLaa before the final course.

Final Course - (-20/-20)

I didn't have too much time to inspect the course closer, cause I was running straight from the sporty finals to this. I only had two point lead, which meant all or nothing. Worst case, I would be third. Driving was way too easy to be final course. Every sigle line went straight from the first try and just as I planned. Unreal feeling to finnish final course without penalties. That was one of the greatest moments for me in this hobby. Unreal and epic.

Feels good to take the Nordic Championship second year in row.

First three guys are with the points of final. 4-10 are the points from semi finals and rest of the guys have their points from qualification. Top three SuDu Pros. That says a lot of the chassis as well.

Our battles with LaaLaa will soon continue I hope. It's gonna be tight season!

My result from the weekend. Three times number one and only one time second. I can be proud of the rigs!

This is what salty seawater will do for brand new motors.

Something unfamiliar was found on the knuckleweights too.

Now it's couple of weeks till the next comp. Now I at least have my self confidence as it was last year. I still would like to thank the norwegians for setting an awesome weekend in Norway!

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 06-21-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #307
Rock Crawler

Good job Samu ! Are you going to the Big in France ?
CrawlrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:56 PM   #308
Pebble Pounder

Cool reading :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
un-bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #309
Quarry Creeper

Congrats SamuGreat driving
braune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #310
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlrKing View Post
Good job Samu ! Are you going to the Big in France ?
Thanks man! I couldn't find any reasonable flight from here to Lyon, so I'm too late with that. Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by un-bolt View Post
Cool reading :-)
Thanks Arve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braune View Post
Congrats SamuGreat driving
Thanks Jeffrey!

Time to go to the garage and prepare the rig for our tradition comp on next friday.

Rust everywhere after Nordics.

It seems to be part of this rigs charichter though.

Just cleaning it up a little and it's ready for another one.

Motors don't look so good, but at least they are working as they should.

So the next comp will be driven next friday as a night comp. For now it seems, that there will be only two pro class starters. Another words people are too scared to sleep in their cars for one night as we are heading to a foff comp in the morning. Well, if it's only me and my brother we should make tough courses at least.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:22 AM   #311
RCC Addict

Comp on last friday is done and it was another success for Koppensneller.

Beautiful finnish lake scenery on the way to the comp.

First course on the way!

Not any difficulties so far.

This was a really tough gate. Rock was like ice. Insanely slippery.

Had to try few times before I got it.

Going for bonus.

Gate nine and after that the final bonus.

Which turned out to be impossible with 2.2 crawlers.

Do not try to jump... And down we go.

Time stopped and off to get the rig.

Not many seconds left. Finishing gate.

Here is the fourth course on video. I decided to make "international" level course. It was a really tough one. Just made it myself.

Had a good comp and was able to pull off another victory!

Here are the results. Made a huge difference on the hard last course.

Next comps will be driven next weekend on saturday and sunday. Just tightening some screws and loading the batteries.

Tomorrow we are driving the second Finnish RC Crawling Series competition in Kirkkonummi.

All is set to challenge LaaLaa for the victory. Epic battle continues.

On sunday we will drive next RFOT's Crawl Cup competition in Inkoo. Same spot where we arranged the Nordics last year. Good place for me.

Hopefully everything holds and driver doesn't do anything stupid. At least the weather should be fantastic on both days. Pics and vids will eventually follow.

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 07-03-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #312
Quarry Creeper

Great location for crawling there, really enjoyed the footage thank's Samu
Bully2RockRomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:23 AM   #313
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper View Post
Great location for crawling there, really enjoyed the footage thank's Samu
Thanks, that's why I make this stuff.

Another pair of comps behind, let's see what happened.

First we had the second round of Finnish National Crawling Series in southern part of Finland, Kirkkonummi. Epic new spot to crawl on.

Yet again it was a battle with LaaLaa for the victory.

Here is Koppensneller on course two.

No problem so far. Tried the first bonus twice, but couldn't make it, so I decided to continue on.

Approaching bonus number two my front axle got stuck in the bush. It was quite a job to drive it out of it.

Managed to do that and drove the rig up with one reverse.

Approaching gate nine.

Had to take another reverse there to save time. Then I rushed into the first bonus.

Third time I tried and now I was able to clear it!

I want to throw a big thanks to MP Taito, who loaned the spot to us for racing. We will be back on that spot for sure!

Here we have video from third course. The only course in the whole weekend, which I was able to clear without penalties!

LaaLaa had some problems with the durability of rod ends and that is partial reason for me to take the victory this time! But it was really close competing once again! We will continue the fight next weekend on the third round of the series.

Here are the results. The last course was really tough. I got the furthest by reaching the gate nine. I think, that might have been the most difficult course of the year.

After the comp we went to hotel and next morning the competing would continue in Inkoo.

Sundays competition was part of RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015.

A new sunny day is ahead of us!

Calm sea with no clouds in the sky.

And a world class comp site!

Couple of poser shots.

Skins have remaned in perfect condition!

Second course on the way!

Got myself one bonus. Had to take a long route back to the course.

Tight gate three.

Had to do a little hop to the fourth gate. Otherwise the rig would just slide down on the gate.

Shiny bonus time!

Gates were quite close to each other on this course.

Final bonus. Dropped down from it at the first try.

Two more gates to go.

One reverse to gate nine to get the best approach for it.

Here is the fourth and last course on video. Got some air at the last bonus!

Victory with clear numbers! Good comp with hard courses!

The third course was another DNF for me on that weekend. But it really was a hard one. Using my brains would have help though...

So, the next comp is third round of Finnish National Series in my home rocks basically next week. Nothing much to do till then. Maybe training?

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 07-11-2015 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:20 AM   #314
RCC Addict

Tomorrow is yet again big day for this rig.

Third round of Finnish National Series. Currently after two comps I'm tied with LaaLaa as one victory and one second position. Tomorrow will be another epic fight in my home rocks. Hopefully rig can take the heat, cause I'm ready for it!
Old 07-17-2015, 05:31 AM   #315

I wish you good luck and i today so happy about the new vid's in future
Gardarsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #316
Quarry Creeper

Once again, great footage, thumbs up to your camera guy...or girl?

Love that crawl spot, and love seeing challenging courses, congrats on yet another win.
Bully2RockRomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #317
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardarsson View Post
I wish you good luck and i today so happy about the new vid's in future
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper View Post
Once again, great footage, thumbs up to your camera guy...or girl?

Love that crawl spot, and love seeing challenging courses, congrats on yet another win.
Thanks man! More footage coming right away!

The third round of Finnish National Series is behind.

What an awesome weather in the morning when we started.

A lot of drivers attended to this comp. Everyone was feeling thrilled before the competition.

Starting the course number two.

LaaLaa doing some intense judging. Yet again it was a tight comp with not only two, but three guys!

Going for the "pick your line well" gate two.

Approaching gate three.

Ready to point and shoot!

Gate four soon to be progressed.

Gates four and five were easy.

Gate six and the massive drop.

Trying to make it clean.

One minute left. Bonus bonus!

Not ideal line, but let's see...

YES!!

Course three starting. Rig was working like a dream again for the whole day.

Trying to clear gate three several times, but no luck...

After that I screwed up this course quite badly and just made it to the finish.

PICTURES: Heikki Halme & Arttu Ahtiainen

Here is the second course on video. Still happy about this performance, even with touching the second gate.

This kind of driving is enough for the second place. This means that LaaLaa is leading the championship and can ensure the title in the next competition if he wins. So I gotta fight for it after few weeks.

Nothing to do to the rig though. Driver just need a lot of practice to be competitive against LaaLaa.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:22 AM   #318
Pebble Pounder

Really enjoying this thread so far. I'm slowly working my way through all the videos

...which got me thinking, you should sell advertising space on your shoes. Anyone want to sponsor?
karajabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #319
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajabola View Post
Really enjoying this thread so far. I'm slowly working my way through all the videos
Good to know somebody is still reading this through. Lot of work to do all this stuff, but I'm hoping that somebody find all the info and stuff useful. If not, then at least spends some time looking at the videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajabola View Post
...which got me thinking, you should sell advertising space on your shoes. Anyone want to sponsor?
Good idea! Any1?
Old 08-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #320
RCC Addict

Almost 30,000 views...I'm sure there's still a couple of us that watch all your videos, Samu.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD Bully 2 a.k.a Koppensneller - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Bully thoriak101 Minnesota 2 10-16-2010 09:14 AM