Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Bully 2 a.k.a Koppensneller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2015, 07:40 AM   #341
RCC Addict

Default Re: RC4WD Bully 2 a.k.a Koppensneller

Well, last comp before EuroCrawl is now done, with mixed feelings.

Day was extremely tough. Conditions were extreme to have a crawling competition.

These pics are from third course.

We got to drive first course without lights. And bigger rain.

Second course was just brutal for the last starters. Heavy rain and difficult gates even in dry conditions meant DNF for me.

In third course rain got even worse.

I had tons of luck in this course.

And enough wheelspeed for some of the gates.

You can see the surface of the rock there. Not too grippy.

I had to take two straddles to be able to finish this one.

The last course was so slippery, that we had to cancel it. It would've been too dangerous to drive it in that weather.

I was able to take one bonus in the thrid course too.

Tight finishing gate.

That's a progress. I was the only one to clear this course.

Here is the first course on video. I don't know what I was thinking of when I chose the line for the first gate. That was basically the deciding factor for me not to win this time. Stupid, stupid, stupid....

Results. Lost this one by six points to Saku. He had one amazing performance on the second course and the victory is well deserved! Congrats!

After this difficult comp it's time to make final preaparations for Spain. Just two weeks left before we leave!

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 11-09-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #342
Pebble Pounder

This is real hardcore-crawling,respect And that´s one reason why team finland always will be on top! I think most people (at least in Germany) would have said: let´s quit this and go for a beer in a dry pub
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #343
Quarry Creeper

What batteries do you run?
C_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #344
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Money View Post
What batteries do you run?
Gens Ace 450mAh 3S 25-50C LiPo

Last update before leaving to Spain.

Time for extra care service.

Rear axle pins were completely binded. Both of em. Replaced them with Axial ones in this rig as well.

Rear axle ready and shocks filled.

Hot glued the shock caps to prevent possible leaking.

Front axle done now as well. Everything except the pins were in order. Gotta love the bullies.

Tires now washed as well. I will be doing a lot of training before the comp. It's been a while since I have driven in such grippy spot as Almuñécar is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...SDSlI/pubhtml#
Here is the link to live scoring of the comp. Pro class will be driven on saturday.

Plane will take off on sunday morning. Can't wait! My goal is to drive in the finals of EuroCrawl. The higher, the better.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:46 PM   #345
E.Y. Designs

Congrats on the win today Samu! Good luck tomorrow in 2.2s
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:05 AM   #346
Quarry Creeper

Congrats Samu for the win , and a really big thanks for this F...... weekend !
It was a real pleasure to see you on the rocks !
Cirederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #347
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirederf View Post
Same words to me!
skypyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #348
Pebble Pounder

Congrats samu very good driver
david511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #349
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Congrats on the win today Samu! Good luck tomorrow in 2.2s
Thanks EverettY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirederf View Post
Thanks Fred! It was really good to see you after many years. You are still the same guy! Fantastic company. Hopefully we see each other before the next Euros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypyt View Post
Same words to me!
Big thanks Dario! Enjoyed to crawl with your group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david511 View Post
Congrats samu very good driver
Thanks David! We'll get a rematch in BIG. This time I'm serious.

Here we have the finals course of EuroCrawl. Thanks to Antonio for filming it. I'll get back to EuroCrawl later. Now it's time to prepare Koppensneller for the last comp of the year.

First I had to unpack everything from the trip.

Nothing more to do than just screw tightening.

It's ready for the final challenge of the year. RFOT's Crawl Cup #12/12. First crawling comp in Finland to be driven in December.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...oeMFLA/pubhtml
Here is the link to the live scoring tomorrow. The comp will start at 08:00AM CET. I'm hoping to continue, where I left in Spain.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #350
RCC Addict

Ok, finally I have enough time to sum up the weekend in Spain.

First night was pure holiday feelings! Epic times!

We arrived on sunday and got training with the pro's on tuesday. First stop was in the beach bar.

Now that I have been running two years with this rig, my confidence towards it is beginning to show.

Pic from thursday night, when the other guys started to arrive. I had pretty good training days with Koppensneller. Only broke my old CVD shaft during harsh landing on thursday.

It's the comp day. I was in same group with my sister. There was also two guys from Spain and two from Portugal. So pretty good mix!

I went first on the first course. I was suprisingly calm.

This course was going good till gate six.

Where I tried throttling a really steep sidehill gate and went over the lower one.

Luckily nothing bigger problems than that wasn't occuring, so I think it was ok.

On the first gate of Fanatic RC Course.

This course was already a lot better for me. Managed to get clean performance with both bonuses.

Second bonus was a bit trickier than first though.

On the hardest gate of course four. This course could have been better for me as you will see from video soon.

Course five went really well and this photo is already from sixth course.

Another flawless course. Two of the qualification courses done without penalties. Pretty happy with that!

Final gate of sixth course!

After hearing that I'm in the lead before the finals, I prepared my rig to go for it first.

First finals course turned out to be too hard and dangerous, so we did another one which included five (-10 point) bonus gates and ten regular ones. Six minutes was the time limit.

First five gates - no problems. Approaching first bonus.

I managed to drive it without a marker.

Before gate six I tried another bonus, where I took one gate. And on the first try to clear sixth gate, I had to reverse once.

Drove one more bonus and made it to finish in time!

Time to get on with the video analysis!

Krawler Konceptz Course (-29/-40)

First course. Didn't feel myself really nervous. I knew, that basic performing what I had done in this season is enough for the finals. First four gates went without problems. On fifth gate I figured, that my rig could just fit in there without lifting the tires on the other rock. Genious reverse with rear dig allowed me to pass it with only one penalty point. It all went wrong on the next gate where I tried to shoot myself though the gate without success. After that rest of the course went well. Stupid gate anyhow.

Fanatic RC Course (-40/-40)

Yet again I was able to succeed on my own course. Everything went as planned except a little panic throttle on fifth gate. Nothing to be worried about though.

Holmes Hobbies Course (-16/-40)

This was easily the hardest pro course of the day. My plan was to try both bonuses. Plan went ok till I was on the nineth gate. Wideness of my rig didn't go well with the crack and I was badly stuck with only 20 seconds on the watch. Took a gate and somehow the rig positioned itself on the right side of the crack. With only ten seconds left I didn't take any chances and straddled the final gate. I think without the misery on second to last gate, it went really well.

Crawler Keller Course (-30/-40)

From the looks of this course, it looked like a piece of cake from all gates except gate three. I managed to drive without mistakes all the way to gate nine and then took both of the bonuses. After the second bonus there was (and I'm not lying) four meters to finish gate. That point I notced, that I have empty battery. Rushing off to say Sofi, that go and get a battery. Time was running and I was able to make it in the minute, what I had left. Apprently after the lunch break I hadn't switched the battery to a new one. This was stupid ten points to loose.

Team Ottsix Course (-28/-40)

I can say, that this was the performance, that I'm really proud of. Only one to clear both of the bonuses. First bonus a little bit air time with bully! Second one turned out to be really extreme. But luckily I made it. To the second to last gate I didn't have enough time to progress it on a proper line, so I decided to straddle it. One more reverse on gate ten and finished five seconds early. Really, really good course for me.

RcBros Course (-40/-40)

The last qualification course. I knew this to be one of the easy courses, so I tried to go for a perfect score. On the second bonus gate my line was really close to the right gate, but somehow it passed it without a marker. Otherwise the whole course was pretty straight forward. Another perfect score!

DravTech Finals (-39/-70)

At this point, I knew that my lead to Fred is so big, that finishing the finals course would be enough. But when you are in comp mode, there's no room for hand brake. So I decided to go the best I could. I got this similiar feeling in Nordics on the last finals course, where everything went as planned. Now it was almost the same, but I had to take one gate and one reverse. I drove three bonus gates from the five. I'm really happy about this performance as well. I was able to reduce my lead to Fred even more, which was good as well. And after the finals, champagne always tastes excellent!!

So happy to be able to drive best performances here, in the most important competition of the whole year. Big congratulations to Fred and Chris for the podiums. These guys will be definately hungry for more next time.

Pure joy!

Here are the final results. The gap got really big after the finals.

Beautiful spanish night offered some hardcore crawling and right after that a really good night on the bar!

All in all my trip to Spain was yet again a huge success.

Finnish, German, Spanish, Nordic and now - European Champion!!

Yet again, huge shout out to the supporters of EuroCrawl 2015! It was great to have you on board!

Me and Arttu went on top of Almuñécar to see the final sunrise before we left from Spain. Pretty breathtaking scenery indeed. Last of all big thanks to everyone involved in this great weekend of fun! Thanks to Sofi, who is filming these performances. It's so awesome to look afterwards! And biggest thanks to all of my present and previous sponsors in this season! It would definately not be the same without your continuous support!

DravTech
RC4WD
Team Ottsix
PURPMART
Offipaita.fi
Krawler Konceptz
Team Brood Racing
E.Y. Designs

PICTURES: Jorge Teixeira & João Gurreiro

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 12-21-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #351
RCC Addict

From the heat of Spain to the slippery RFOT's Crawl Cup finals of 2015, which were held on the next weekend after EuroCrawl.

Weather was really good bearing in mind, that it is already December.

I decided to change nothing from the comp setup of Spain.

Rig worked really well, but it was really hard to adapt the driving style back to finnish rocks. They were this time too, insanely slippery!

We ran four courses. First two went ok. Mistakes here and there. On third course I had really stupid mistakes after gate nine. Drived straight into a stick and didn't want to reverse. Rolled over on some plants and I had to take a roll over. Got stuck on the freakin' plant and reversed straight to my feet. Hahahahhahaaa. One point switched to sixteen!

Video from the last course of season 2015. Other than hitting the fifth gate it was really good. No perfect performances on these rocks.

Driving against my main rival Saku again. I was able to pull off the victory even with the terrible mastakes on third course.

Quite good last competition behind. The rig has been stayed on the shelf after this comp. Soon it's time to dig it back on the table and start conversing it to SuDu Pro Mod 3D chassis. More of that later.

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 12-21-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:49 AM   #352
RCC Addict

Time for the last message of the season 2015.

In RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 Koppensneller was able to take the title for second year in row. Congrats to Saku and Lasse, who were able to take the other victories. There were some pretty intense competitions!

This was the second season for me with this rig. It's beginning to show as a massive confidence during the competitions. Now it's time to do a little change with the new chassis, but mainly it'll stay the same. Why changing a good setup?

Absolute highlight of the season was this epic finals course during the Nordics. I still belive, it's the best performance I have ever made. Sick courses, tight competition and the awesome company gives the most in this hobby!
Old 12-27-2015, 02:40 AM   #353
Pebble Pounder

Big congrats to you Samu,you´re Number 1
It was an extraordinary performance on Eurocrawl to win all classes,do all organisation and manage the complete event,big respect!
It was very interesting for me to see you driving in comp-mode and i definitely learnd one thing for the future: Bonus,Bonus,Bonus
Also congrats for your perfect results in all other comps the whole season!!
And thanks for your great thread,it´s always interesting to read all about your comps and your rig.Do you change to the new 3D Sudu?
Snatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:18 AM   #354
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
Big congrats to you Samu,you´re Number 1
It was an extraordinary performance on Eurocrawl to win all classes,do all organisation and manage the complete event,big respect!
Yeah, it surely took all of the energy available. But well worth it!

Quote:
It was very interesting for me to see you driving in comp-mode and i definitely learnd one thing for the future: Bonus,Bonus,Bonus
Yeah, you surely have to start from perfect performance in this sort of courses. All of them were completely do able. Takes time to adjust, but it'll work out eventually.

Quote:
Also congrats for your perfect results in all other comps the whole season!!
And thanks for your great thread,it´s always interesting to read all about your comps and your rig.Do you change to the new 3D Sudu?
Thanks. I like to make these comp reports. They take a lot of time, but it's really nice to see afterwards. And yes, I'll be switching to SuDu Mod 3D.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #355
I wanna be Dave

To go with the upgrades in Koppensneller... Updated Skins for the 3dmod of the new Sudu
Attached Images

Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #356
RCC Addict

Thanks Michelle! Epic job as always with the skins. Next week when I will have my 3D stuff here, I'll start building it.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:10 PM   #357
I wanna be Dave

Shipping!
Attached Images

Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #358
RCC Addict

Today I managed to get myself to garage.

Found some new stuff on the table.

Started working with this thingy.

It's good, that I had some red hardware left!

"Just a dab of glue" done wrong.

Step up in the game!

Tomorrow I'd like to see this thing already mounted. Hopefully I have time to do so.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #359
Rock Crawler

Every time I see that chassis I think the same...
It looks so damn good!!!!

Besides the little "glue on finger" action, how easy were the inserts to install?
Do you put a screw on the insert and then screw the insert on the plastic?
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:36 AM   #360
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
Every time I see that chassis I think the same...
It looks so damn good!!!!

Besides the little "glue on finger" action, how easy were the inserts to install?
Do you put a screw on the insert and then screw the insert on the plastic?
There was no problem installing the inserts. Just as you said. Screw in the insert and then screw the insert in the chassis.

RC4WD Bully 2 a.k.a Koppensneller - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Bully thoriak101 Minnesota 2 10-16-2010 09:14 AM