Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: "unicorn" bully 2 rtr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default "unicorn" bully 2 rtr

Just received my rtr bully 2.
So happy with this as my second/daughters car.
Very impressed when opened the box. All is included to go out and run, except the batteries for car and transmitter.
For a being a moa driver for a while is see some things I haven't seen in a long time... One of those is a dig unit.. And some meters of cable.
So first thing I've done for now is: remove all electronics, made the setup close to my bully2 sudu mod 3d and change the Springs for the included softest Springs and added some 60wt oil in the rear and 30 in the front.
Now the car sits almost the way I want it to sit. I only need to use the rc4wd longer rodends to make the rear upper link a bit longer, to clock the motor a bit more up and gain some clearance with the rocks..

Ride hight for now.

Full compression

Full droop

And on his roof...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #2

Default Re: "unicorn" bully 2 rtr

Awesome! I'm glad to see a few of these getting modified already. I've got one on the way. This will be my first moa rig.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
05stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Was just thinking about something you said. Clocking the axles for a little more motor clearance..I see there's only one position on the chassis for the upper links to adjust length. Anyone know if there are link mounts on the the rear axle that are adjustable? Or is longer rod ends/ longer/shorter links the only thing for adjusting. I have one on the way and will probably be doing the same. Also, have you clocked it yet? Looks like the motor may hit the links when articulating if it's clocked any further.
TraskRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Hulksta Engineering make a cf adjustable link mount for Bully2 axles

Envoyé de mon LG3 avec Tapatalk
noname0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Envoyé de mon LG3 avec Tapatalk
noname0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #6
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraskRiver View Post
Was just thinking about something you said. Clocking the axles for a little more motor clearance..I see there's only one position on the chassis for the upper links to adjust length. Anyone know if there are link mounts on the the rear axle that are adjustable? Or is longer rod ends/ longer/shorter links the only thing for adjusting. I have one on the way and will probably be doing the same. Also, have you clocked it yet? Looks like the motor may hit the links when articulating if it's clocked any further.
The stock axle upper link mount is adjustable, but the use is for tuning not clocking the axle. To clock the motors up you'll need a longer rod end on one side of the upper links.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:55 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Haven't done anything lately because of the preparation of my SuDu 3d bully for the world's.
But after a question about the skid i changed it.
As some holes are the same as the sudu pro. I knew this would fit. But I needed to try it...

This is the 3d printed skid plate for the sudu pro mounted on the bully chassis.
I think this will work very well combined with the Dravtech electronic plate.. Have to order one over there now.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Runnin the big boy servo, H50B. Lol
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:51 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Well just got me some new prototype parts from Dravtech..

First up are some new knuckle weights for dlux style wheels! Now I filled them up with 6 Tungsten weights which is more then 3 stock weights..
Advantage of these holders is, weight is even more down. Downside is that you have to use different style of wheels

Also I have some rear weight holders for the dlux wheels.. And of course the wheels.
Now I have to remove the tires from some old wheels and do some cutting on the beads to make these fit...

Enough said. Time for the pics...

Oh, and for now they are mounted on my SuDu 3d mod. Because of the upcoming worlds....

"unicorn" bully 2 rtr - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
BADDMANS C1 called 50Cal """XR10 up grade""" baddman 1.9 Scale Rigs 21 08-27-2012 11:56 PM