Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: CEEJRC Bully 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: CEEJRC Bully 2

I'm happy with my HH crawl master 16t motors running them in my Berg.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEJRC View Post
Thanks! Yea I definitely don't know what I need motor wise, i know what I want out of the motor tho, my first xr10 I built I had tekin pro35t motors and for the money they were good motors and worked well but on my second xr build (wish I still had it) I got a set of matched Holmes motors that were 35t and I got them second hand from a member on here and I loved them they had a very smooth start and great torque, just a good all around motor that I got a lot of use out of. My thing is I don't want to waste money on cheaper motors that won't give me the things I'm looking for, I'd rather spend a little more and have a set of motors that are what I want and that I can use and rebuild and get a lot of use out of and last well. I hope that makes sense,
If you liked the 35ts, I'd try a 30t with a skewed armature or like tapped-out suggested the 16t 5 slot armature. Try out the torquemaster and crawl master versions and see which you like best.

IMO, the difference between a $50 motor and a $150 isn't that much... except for the price tag.... especially when you're still trying to figure stuff out.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:51 PM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Thanks I appreciate the info and advise, I think that's the route I'm going to go and save a little money
CEEJRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Ok so it's been a while since I've done some updates. Been riding the rzr more than RC stuff lately but I finally bought a set of dlux knuckles and I Love them! They are great, not a bit of slop! I also ditched the stock CVD axles and bought a set of wraith universals and I had to cut the long side down and add a little to the short side but I will get some pics up of what I did with the axles. These universals with a little bit of clearencing have a ton more steering than the stock cvds, it's night and day! These Dlux knuckles and the wrath universals are by far the best upgrade I've made to these axles! Also I decided since the clear egressor shocks from rcbros was back in stock, I figured I'd give them a try and they are very smooth and we'll see how they do!
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2017, 12:18 AM   #105
Pebble Pounder

I've always wanted a set of these mainly because they look so cool hahaha
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2017, 12:36 AM   #106
Pebble Pounder

I got a couple sets of 1.9 rovers and I used the sidewalls from my old bully tires and made me a set of whatever you want to call them haha, but I've got to order me a set of foams for them and I really need a good set of wheels, I bought some cf wheels second hand and they will work for now but I need to get some with a little more clearence because they are very close to the knuckle and do rub sometimes
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #107
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I also ditched the stock CVD axles and bought a set of wraith universals and I had to cut the long side down and add a little to the short side but I will get some pics up of what I did with the axles. These universals with a little bit of clearencing have a ton more steering than the stock cvds, it's night and day! These Dlux knuckles and the wrath universals are by far the best upgrade I've made to these axles!
You got any photos of the axle shaft mod? I also have dlux knuckles but they're the ones for the stock bully 2 cvd's - wasn't sure if yours were too or if you ordered a different set to accommodate the wraith universals. Let me know as I've very interested in switching to those for more steering.

Thanks!
coliver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Hoppa's B2DA

Here's a wraith universal mod...
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #109
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I got a couple sets of 1.9 rovers and I used the sidewalls from my old bully tires and made me a set of whatever you want to call them haha, but I've got to order me a set of foams for them and I really need a good set of wheels, I bought some cf wheels second hand and they will work for now but I need to get some with a little more clearence because they are very close to the knuckle and do rub sometimes
Lol. Those bastard childs looks great. Do they perform great too?
ssh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:36 AM   #110
Pebble Pounder

My dlux knuckles are for a wraith axles but made to bolt on bully 2 C-hubs, I ordered them from dlux that way, I just sent him a message and told him what I was doing. I can get more pictures tonight, but you have to cut the long side down some and add some material to the axle shaft to make the tang, the short side length was pretty close like it is but the tang is too small so just like the long side I put a couple of tack welds on it to add some material and then I grinder it a little at a time while checking the fit until I got a good snugg fit. It was my favorite mod I've done to my bully axles, gained a lot of steering and the dlux knuckles have ZERO slop and fit and finish is great! Dlux products are always great quality!

If you've already got the dlux knuckles for the stock bully axles then you can just get different bearings that match the wraith axles and the OD of the knuckles, I've seen some using the stock bully knuckles with wraith axles and that's what they did was get bearings to fit, I'll get some pics and if you have any more questions just ask!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #111
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the info on the universals...

By the way, did you ever decide on which motors to go with?
coliver14 is offline   Reply With Quote