Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: CEEJRC Bully 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default CEEJRC Bully 2

I know it's another bully 2 build but I figured I might as well make a thread for mine too! I wanted the bully 2 kit but it was sold out when I went to order one so I bought the RTR and striped it down and started spending more money than I planned, haha always happens! Well I forgot to get pictures out of the box, but I think you know what it looks like out of the box, but first locktite and Cookies Crap grease everything!
Attached Images

CEEJRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: CEEJRC Bully 2

Got more pictures coming, just got to figure out how to work this thing lol
Attached Images

Last edited by CEEJRC; 09-06-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Got some rc4wd knuckle weights on and ordered a couple of pure energy 500mah 3s batteries and you can see I pulled out the RTR esc and dig and its waiting on two sidewinder micros and a bec!
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Well I tried tuning the stock shocks a little and you really couldn't add much fluid at all and they just weren't going to work, luckily I ran across a set of big bores on the forum for sale cheap!! So big bores and pink mini t springs it is! I really wanted to try scx10 shocks on this build but I've heard a lot of people say they leak a lot and the ones rcbros sells are out of stock or I would of liked to try them, but big bores for now will work just fine!
Attached Images

Last edited by CEEJRC; 09-06-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:33 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

For now I put in a protek 150T servo that I had in my box of spares, I've ordered a protek 170T for it it the 150T will get the job done for some testing and tuning! Also added a Barry's RC Carbon battery and electronics mount to the front axle, just using the battery mount for now because the way the lower links are they hit the electronics mount posts just a little, so I'll get some new lower links made then I'll use it. The quality of Barry's CF work is very nice, I was very impressed when I got this part in and Barry himself was great to do business with and he answered any questions I had. Also used the Dravatech servo mount to get the servo more centered and up even with the axle.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Closer servo shot
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2016, 07:20 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

It's looking good and you have just about everything I'm trying to do to mine haha Have my big bores on the way and got my electronics/servo mount from Barry as well. I had the same issue as the electronics tray hits the lower link and the rod end. I've trimmed it and now trying to set some epoxy in a small gap to strengthen a weak spot since trimming. Anyways post up how those castle esc's workout for you and I'm excited to see more!
Xtacy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I've got the micros all setup, I've been running it for about 2 weeks now and they are doing great, I had the old micros in my xr10 and I liked them a lot, but these micro 2s seems to hold a little better on steep descents. I'm running it with the 4PX and I can't complain. If you go to tower hobbies you can get the sidewinder micros 2 for 55$ each then use tower's coupon and it comes out to just under 100$ with free shipping for both esc's! So that was hard to beat, I would of liked to have tried the Holmes dual esc but for 100$ I couldn't beat it and plus I had used the old micros before so I knew they preformed very well and they are small. I wanted to do a thread on the build so now I'm trying to go back thru my pictures and stuff and make a quick build thread, tonight I'm going to add a lot more once I get off work!
Old 09-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Cut and bent a small section of lexan to cover the bottom of the servo from getting all scratched up and hoping it will help keep it from getting hung up on rocks, I saw it on someone's build a week or so ago, really good idea!

Also clocked the C's and moved the steering link on top of the knuckle and used a 2mm spacer to make it clear the axle and gear box, looks a lot better and gives it a better approach without hitting the steering link so much. I really want to get a titanium steering link made or buy one, think I might talk to Eric at Dlux and see if I can get him to make one, there's been a few hits where I thought for sure I'd bent the stock steering link but it's still holding in there!
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #10
RCC Addict

lookin good man.

I put the steering link under the arm again and run the drag link parallel to it top of arm and under horn... bu that just my preference. sometimes the difference can cause weird issues.... they have for me in the past...
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

If you take out that blue 2mm spacer and pick up an axial aluminum servo horn, you can mount the drag link under the servo horn. That's what I'm running. It will make the drag link sit lower then how you have yours now. Also I just ordered a 55mm and 155mm Ti links from vp. The 55mm will need to be shortened and have new threads cut on one side for the drag link. Then the 155mm link will need little bends on each side to help clear the diff.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:36 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Yea I've seen where some had issues with the servo stressing or turning too far to the right but with the Dravatech mount and my protek horn I have no binding or over steer issues and it's not making my servo do anything weird. The only reason I'm running it with the blue spacer is because after I installed the Dravatech servo mount it was a little taller and the steering link was hitting the CF, the blue 2mm spacer moved it just high enough to clear it and I have full steering. I put a small spacer in the drag link from the servo so when I'm turning hard right the drag link isn't straight like I've seen some on here, mine is still at an angle so it has better leverage and holding strength and less stress on the servo, I'll get a picture of it later tonight. Thanks for the info, I've tried a few different setups on the steering and then settled on this after I got the Dravatech servo mount, always good to hear someone else's expirences! And I may do like you said and order some TI links from VP!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I've had bad luck with clamping servo horns in the past, the protek servo horns are tough I use them in 1/8th scale truggy and ebuggy with no issues, that's just me tho, I've got a friend that won't run anything but clamping servo horns and swears by them and his is setup like your saying, I may try running it on the bottom side, I had it that way when I had the drag link under the knuckle
Old 09-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Ok while I wait on my other servo to come in, I'll move onto the esc's
Two sidewinder micro 2 is what I'll be using to power my bully 2 along with a castle bec to keep power to my servo steady. Now I have smashed the old sidewinder micros before for my xr10 but I think I'm going to make these as small as possible without completely smashing them for now, plus I don't have the big shrink tub that I need to do it with, so first I started out taking the wrapping off of the bec and shortening the receiver wires, I forgot to take a pic of this but as you can see it's shorter than normal, then I used some black shrink wrap to go back over it and then I used 3M two sided tape to tape the esc's together and then the bec to the side of the micros. I unsolder the "B" middle white wire on both esc's and then soldered the bec to the board of one esc and took the + and - of both esc's and soldered them together and then "T" it off with wire and a deans connector for the battery. Later when I get some clear shrink wrap for the esc's I'll shorten the receiver wires on both boards but I'm trying to save the wrapping on them for now, plus I'm way too impatient, I'm just ready to drive this bad boy!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Few more pictures of different angles
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

You can see its around 2" long and about 1" wide and 1" tall
Next I'll get a picture of it mounted in the chassis
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2016, 08:10 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

That's one way I thought doing it to cool to see it works and is small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:16 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Here's a pic of it down in the chassis, pay no attention to the wires as they are just loose, it will look a lot cleaner after the receiver plate is bolted on and the wires are tucked in for now, it's not the cleanest but I can tweak it as I go and once I get some different lower front links made so I can use my Barry's battery and esc mount I'll be moving it all to the axle, which should help the cog a little. I need to buy me a scale as if like to weigh some of these items and see how much weight I've lost from rtr to now.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmguy760 View Post
That's one way I thought doing it to cool to see it works and is small

Yea it's not a true smash but this way I think both esc's and the bec can breath and not get too hot...maybe haha
Old 09-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Do they have problems running hot

jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote