Thread: Evos bully 2 rtr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Evos bully 2 rtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Been there and forget that.
If you do that, you will need a hub spacer or you will have tire rub.
I have mine mounted below, drag link above then an extra long servo arm and a spacer....mine is now perfect.
Yeah I realized this after. The only spacer I have in stock was one off my mad torque I have some long hollow balls I might try too. But for now.I think its alright I have a clamping servo horn coming that's a little longer but it won't help me much till I have a stronger servo.

Also added in some of those awesome 5 hour energy motor covers!
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

The hollow balls work fine, get a longer screw.
I had a axial clamping horn on, it was 13.00
The longer Futaba I'm running was 7.00, untapped though

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Moved the lower link mounts inwards on the axle. Also moved the front shock to the lower mounting hole on the axle side so that I could move the battery tray back and fit my 850 better. Also gave me a lot more steering. Which I'm sure isn't good for the axles but it sure is fun to drive. Also getting a little better at playing with dig. Went back to the bully tires too

Now the steering link hits on the screws for the link mounts. Thinking they are thick enough to be countersunk for when I get the universals so the link clears them.
And I know I'm not doing my cvds any favors but im not that worried to be honest. I don't push it very hard anyway.

Also the tape my friend put on the back of the paint to try to keep it from rubbing off on the chassis peeled the paint when I had a couple rollovers. any suggestions for future paint jobs?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Got my big bores on. And I love the way they feel. The only problem I'm having is since I clocked the rear axle the shocks are laying down just enough. So they have a hard time coming back up. Plus I stripped the lowest mounting hole already. However I realllly like the way it drives with these shocks in there. Just need a little more weight up front below the axles and I think I will really like it.

This is lifted all the way up.

This is when I let it rest

And this is when I push down and let go. Does not come back near as much as I think it should.
With my links as close to my servo as possible I wasn't sure the big bores would fit. But they just barely do.

Also got my new servo horn which has a little spacer kinda built in. and it's a little longer. works much better. much better angle as well.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong in the rear. Do I just need harder springs?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #85
Pebble Pounder

Did you mod the caps on the rear? Big bores need to be filled 100% with oil and run the orange springs until the shocks loosen up.
UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
Did you mod the caps on the rear? Big bores need to be filled 100% with oil and run the orange springs until the shocks loosen up.
Yeah I modded both, they are filled perfect, they seem to lay completely down when I compress it so much that the angle is wrong, and it can't come back up. I like having the rear softer personally but is this the way everyone else does it? Or do they run soft up front? Plus I only bought one set of springs so I can't run all 4 the same. Lol was being cheap. God do I love the way these shocks react though compared to the stock junk.
Also I left my long rod ends full length in the back so my rear axle is more clocked than yours. Maybe that's part of it but I'm not willing to lose any of it.

Last edited by Evo93; 03-20-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #87
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post
Yeah I modded both, they are filled perfect, they seem to lay completely down when I compress it so much that the angle is wrong, and it can't come back up. I like having the rear softer personally but is this the way everyone else does it? Or do they run soft up front? Plus I only bought one set of springs so I can't run all 4 the same. Lol was being cheap. God do I love the way these shocks react though compared to the stock junk.
Also I left my long rod ends full length in the back so my rear axle is more clocked than yours. Maybe that's part of it but I'm not willing to lose any of it.
Remove each shock and open the top and fill if needed. You might need to burp the shock.

The rpm rod ends do not like the bully pivot balls, they are a tight fit and feel choppy. I used the samix stainless steel pivot balls with my rpm links.

Lol. thats a lot of angle on the rear, make sure the link that goes over the gearbox does not hit during suspension travel or it will put a lot of unwanted stress on that titanium link.
UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

I swapped out to the orange springs up front, pleasantly surprised.... I think it's a bit too soft out back, I bought the second set of springs....

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
Remove each shock and open the top and fill if needed. You might need to burp the shock.

The rpm rod ends do not like the bully pivot balls, they are a tight fit and feel choppy. I used the samix stainless steel pivot balls with my rpm links.

Lol. thats a lot of angle on the rear, make sure the link that goes over the gearbox does not hit during suspension travel or it will put a lot of unwanted stress on that titanium link.
I let them sit for a couple hours cycled them a few times and did it again and filled. Same as I've done for years always worked good.
I used traxxas pivot balls, I noticed that about the rc4wd stuff, which also makes the traxxas long pivot ball I used on my drag link fit very loosely. so I'm hoping that doesnt pop out if it does I'm going to make a whole new one. I also extended the upper link mount as far up as it goes on the gearbox technically clocking it back down a tiny bit. so that my links just barely clear the gearbox while articulating. I still have a tiny bit of motor hanging in front of my lower links though. Going to need a new upper link mount before I can clock it anymore lol.
I'm amazed you guys have broken these links. how come I've never broken an aluminum or steel one on my mad torque? Not enough air time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I swapped out to the orange springs up front, pleasantly surprised.... I think it's a bit too soft out back, I bought the second set of springs....
I have the red up front right now. was thinking of putting them in the back and the orange in front but maybe one less preload o-ring on each too. I do like having one on each end though for the spring to push on. At any rate I'm going to have to do something. lol.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:21 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Default Evos bully 2 rtr

I use a couple of them on both

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Thats just how the rear is with pink springs. It looks fine to me, keeps your rig low. Your axle will drop out if you need the belly clearance.

I tried the orange springs at first but noticed after I put the pinks in, the springs would compress super easy/quick and makes the rear planted when climbing.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Thats just how the rear is with pink springs. It looks fine to me, keeps your rig low. Your axle will drop out if you need the belly clearance.

I tried the orange springs at first but noticed after I put the pinks in, the springs would compress super easy/quick and makes the rear planted when climbing.
I did drive it around like this and it did very well in the short time I was driving it but I'll try it all
Old 03-21-2017, 07:27 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Cut some patterns into the front tires and they seem quite a bit better. But it could be driver improvement as well. Also swapped the springs. Red in back orange in front. Still seems to perform very well and actually comes back up some now. Think its going to stay mostly like this until I get some new electronics and some more knuckle weight. She's looking good except the paint staying on the backing tape and not the lexan. Lol. Oh well.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Old 03-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

So after wanting to throw my radio in the woods, I ordered the futaba 4pls and I realized afterwards the ciu-2 for updating it is now discontinued..
Did I make a mistake ordering this? Should I try to cancel it? Or is there another way to update it, or is it unnecessary. Ciu-3 doesn't say if it works with it or not and all my searches have come up empty. I guess I should probably start a thread in electronics about it.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #96
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post

Where is that
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Where is that
Whiterock skate park area. Right here in westerly. A stones throw from CT. There's a lot of this stuff but a lot is too slick or straight up and down and a lot is overgrown. Its in a recreational park so it could be a potential comp spot if I got permission to clean it up.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #98
Custom Carbon Fiber

Interesting .... nice skate park too. Looks like its a nice little practice spot close for ya
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Totally jealous !!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

What radio are you guys using?