Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post
What radio are you guys using?
Me? I been using the MT4 for years .... before it was cool
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Evos bully 2 rtr

Well last time I checked the hacking stuff for the gt3c was unavailable and the mt4 was discontinued. Looking like I'm going to learn to like futaba. I'm just going to be glad to get rid of the rest of the ones I have. Once I can afford more receivers that is. Lol
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Default Evos bully 2 rtr

4PLS..... nothing else.

I buy micros for $35.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #105
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Well last time I checked the hacking stuff for the gt3c was unavailable and the mt4 was discontinued. Looking like I'm going to learn to like futaba. I'm just going to be glad to get rid of the rest of the ones I have. Once I can afford more receivers that is. Lol
You can get everything yourself to do the mod for less than $10. All you need is the gt3c, STlink v2, and a little pc knowledge. You wont find a better budget tx.

Honestly, sanwa is ridiculously over priced. A 3ch rx is $50-60 and thats just an obsurd amount for a simple rx with basic functions. I've seen the mt4 telemetry first hand and it's complete trash. Really nothing good to say besides they look good.

Never tried futaba but they make good 6ch radios so i'm sure the 4ch are just as functional
UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
4PLS..... nothing else.

I buy micros for $35.
Good to know where do you get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
You can get everything yourself to do the mod for less than $10. All you need is the gt3c, STlink v2, and a little pc knowledge. You wont find a better budget tx.
The cheap Rx and ability to work more than 4 channels was the only turn on and that was only cause I was thinking of getting into scalers at some point, having winches lights and everything else. But I'm not worried about it really 4 channels should be enough. Who knows maybe I'll try that someday too.
Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited by Evo93; 03-22-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

So that small bearing went bad fast I guess. Didn't notice it until the gears slipped. Pretty lame. And no one has gears in stock. Looks like I might not make it to my first comp.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:

So that small bearing went bad fast I guess. Didn't notice it until the gears slipped. Pretty lame. And no one has gears in stock. Looks like I might not make it to my first comp.
To bad your not living close to me, otherwise you could lend a set of spare gears... It was one of the first things I bought when starting on some new axles. I learned from the xr axles that it was smart to have some in the spare bin

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by douwe View Post
To bad your not living close to me, otherwise you could lend a set of spare gears... It was one of the first things I bought when starting on some new axles. I learned from the xr axles that it was smart to have some in the spare bin

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
Yeah. Didn't think I had nearly enough run time to blow a bearing. Oh well.
You are a bit far away. Haha. Thanks though.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Ya that was fast for it to blow. Stock bearings always suck though. I'd pick up a bearing kit from fast eddy or rc4wd upgraded bearing kit.

This is why I picked up extra gears, front shafts and a bearing kit a few months back since those are the 3 weak points.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #111
Custom Carbon Fiber

Damn!

Heres an offer ......

Order bushings for that bearing replacement, PM me your address and Ill ship a gear out to you so you can make the first comp then just send me a new gear when it comes in.

Ive got a front axle I dont use yet and our rear axles dont use the small bearings so Im not worried about blowing mine up. You can have my gear and just replace it when RC4WD gets done with the chinese new year or fins a new supplier.

Is the small idler gear that runs the locker ok or did that get smoked too?
Old 04-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #112
Pebble Pounder

Thats a huge failure for such a short amount of run time. It looks like the bearing race grounded the housing? I would contact RC4WD directly and see if you can get the whole axle warrantied.
UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:07 AM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Damn!

Heres an offer ......

Order bushings for that bearing replacement, PM me your address and Ill ship a gear out to you so you can make the first comp then just send me a new gear when it comes in.

Ive got a front axle I dont use yet and our rear axles dont use the small bearings so Im not worried about blowing mine up. You can have my gear and just replace it when RC4WD gets done with the chinese new year or fins a new supplier.

Is the small idler gear that runs the locker ok or did that get smoked too?
So bushings work better in that spot? Just brass bushings?
That would be awesome of you rob I'd love to make it out there. I believe the gear for the locker is fine but I will double check before I send you my address. I did buy some new bearings from avid rc but I won't use them if you don't think I should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
Thats a huge failure for such a short amount of run time. It looks like the bearing race grounded the housing? I would contact RC4WD directly and see if you can get the whole axle warrantied.
Good idea I forgot my truck is still under warranty.
Hopefully I can deal with someone else this time. the gear ground the housing in the center and the bearing shredded its seat in the end of the housing. thatd be cool if I got a new case for it too.

Can't believe how quiet it was until the gear slipped.
Thanks guys!

Last edited by Evo93; 04-04-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:24 AM   #114
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
So bushings work better in that spot? Just brass bushings?
That would be awesome of you rob I'd love to make it out there. I believe the gear for the locker is fine but I will double check before I send you my address. I did buy some new bearings from avid rc but I won't use them if you don't think I should.

Bearings are def better but a bushing wont let go like that and grenade everything.

A bushing will give you some sort of warning with noise changes or at least let you check it or even replace it every couple months or more.

We had the problem with the XR's and a small bearing years ago then we started using bushings instead and failure rates dropped.

I would use a bushing for a while in that spot just to take a chance of failure out of the picture. One less thing to worry about when your driving.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Bearings are def better but a bushing wont let go like that and grenade everything.

A bushing will give you some sort of warning with noise changes or at least let you check it or even replace it every couple months or more.

We had the problem with the XR's and a small bearing years ago then we started using bushings instead and failure rates dropped.

I would use a bushing for a while in that spot just to take a chance of failure out of the picture. One less thing to worry about when your driving.
Okay that makes sense. It ruined my case too looks like both bearings had actually failed. Look at how egged out the spots they ride in are.. Looks like just a gear and bearings or bushings won't fix it...ugh.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #116
Custom Carbon Fiber

SHIT
Old 04-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
SHIT
Yeah really hoping rc4wd comes through with some support. Cant afford an entire axle. And there is no way they will sell that piece individually. Cannot believe it made no noise so dissapointed. Oil filled brass bushing is what I think I'll use if I can get this fixed. Any idea what size they are I've lost my calipers.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #118
Custom Carbon Fiber

RC4WD Bearing Upgrade kit for Bully II Competition Axles

Looks like 5*9*3 bearings
Old 04-04-2017, 01:20 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So just for shits n gigs I took the rear apart. And the bearings from the rear fit in those holes way better. They move a little but its probably still drivable. So I'm starting to think they put the wrong bearings in there. They are at least 1mm smaller OD that would explain the premature failure.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #120
Custom Carbon Fiber

Ill have to look at my empty rear case when I get home, I forgot the bearing orientation since I swapped over to our KR4 rear axle and that little bearing doesnt get used in it. I think that side is suppose to have the bigger normal bearings in it but dont quote me. The only time I saw the internals was when I was designing our rear axle. I still use an XR front.

Got any digital calipers that you can measure the diameter on those holes?

Tags
build, bully 2, moa, rtr