Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Bully II Wiring Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bully II Wiring Issues

If your tie rod is hitting the axle, you've turned the chubs to far back. They should be one notch forward from full back. Then if you want a straight Ti link, it will need a tiny bend in the middle to clear the case. I think 155mm Ti link from vp is the correct length.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
If your tie rod is hitting the axle, you've turned the chubs to far back. They should be one notch forward from full back. Then if you want a straight Ti link, it will need a tiny bend in the middle to clear the case. I think 155mm Ti link from vp is the correct length.
thanks for the input! ima mess with it this evening.

I need to place my order for battery and some connectors. any feedback for this servo?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/jx-cls60...09sec-60g.html

Last edited by intheworks; 11-08-2017 at 12:44 PM.
intheworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #23
5th D Owner/Driver

If you clocked the C's all the way back then back it off one notch and the steering wont hit.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
If you clocked the C's all the way back then back it off one notch and the steering wont hit.
That did it. Thanks. Steering is sweet now. I got the fxr swapped in and programmed. So much better than the outcry. Now how do I get the xr4 3 position switch programmed. It will rear dig run all 4 but doesn’t front dig. Channel 3 works just fine but I want to use the 3 position switch. Any suggestions
Old 11-08-2017, 07:50 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Put it in channel 4 to use the stick switch.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Put it in channel 4 to use the stick switch.
I did that and it’s not working right. For me down is rear dig. Center is all 4 and up is all 4. Channel 3 switch works fine. Is there some setting I can change to make the toggle switch work right?
Old 11-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Ah ok, I thought you meant that but wasn't sure. That's definitely weird, since there the same, a 3 position switch. Your using the stock dig switch?
Old 11-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Did it work when you first got it? Im sure you can get a new switch. Maybe hit up heyok or losikid on here for a new switch.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Yes I’m using the stock dig unit.

I think the switch on the remote is bad.

okay this info so far has been really helpful. so I'm going to replace the 3 position switch on the remote. I'm going to get the solar d772 and a23t horn. but I'm still stuck on what battery I need to get. I have the stock turbo bec wired in and the CC BEC sitting on the bench. with a 2s battery I was going to run the servo directly off the battery but if I think I want to get a 3s battery so I have some more punch. how the hell do I wire up the servo so I don't blow it up with a 3s lipo and the cc bec. if I run it off the receiver then the servo will only get 6V and I want to send 7.4v to it for max torque output. do I need to wire in the cc bec or something? whats the output power of a normal cc bec cause it looks like it varies. thanks!!!

okay I figured it out after talking with LHS hobby hutt which is awesome BTW they can program my cc bec for free. So as great as this is it means I will have to remove the turbo bec, get the cc bec programmed and then wire it in. on the good side i will be running a 11.1v 3s lipo.

look how much better it looks with the outcry gone and the fxr installed

alright alright alright. I emailed rc4wd and asked what the max voltage input is for the turbo bec, but in the meantime to play it safe I will keep the turbo bec to power the receiver and dig switch. I will use my programmed CC BEC for the servo only so its getting true 7.4V I got the 3s battery, d772 servo, axial 23t servo horn and replacement mini 3 position switch ordered.

cant wait to get this thing done and see what it can do.

Last edited by THX_138; 11-24-2017 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Merged, posts all minutes apart
Old 06-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #30

What is a BRMD? I am having issues with my dig unit I believe. Shows receiving signal, but no power too motors.
stevoservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:01 AM   #31
RCC Addict

BRMD is a Holmes Hobbies "BR mini dual" esc combo
https://holmeshobbies.com/electronic...mini-dual.html

Allows you to ditch the dig unit & run dual esc (so long as your radio allows channel mixing) which offers a bit more functionality that using a DIG unit alone.

However just going back one step, lets double check it's the DIG thats not working.
As a quick FYI your speed control takes the throttle signals from the radio then outputs voltage via the DIG to either one or both motors.
Are your sure the ESC is functioning properly? Have you disconnected the DIG & just plugged 1 motor into the esc & got that at least to work?
If motor won't drive it's an ESC problem rather than DIG.
If motor works all ok then yes it sound like some of the switching inside the DIG has failed.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #32

stevoservo,

Quick test for your DIG. Set your car up on something where the tires don't touch the ground. Turn everything on. Hit the throttle. Tap on top of the dig unit with something that will reach.

The tapping may cause the DIG to start working for a second. I had an issue where my DIG had the lights working, but was not powering the motors. Doing this test proved that the DIG would only function intermittently.
Herber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #33

My ESC was the issue. Dig switch functioning properly. Thanks to all for the good information.
stevoservo is offline   Reply With Quote

Bully II Wiring Issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3S issues...or just bad wiring? pike2350 Electronics 8 03-22-2012 05:55 AM
bully wiring bigj00 RC4WD Bully 1 07-20-2010 04:23 AM
CCBEC wiring issues dezertdog Electronics 2 10-09-2007 10:02 PM
wiring issues newbie need some help guys richieboy24 Newbie General 2 09-27-2007 05:34 PM
Wiring issues The Dirt General Crawlers 4 10-04-2006 09:16 PM