Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: my new addiction; loose n sloppy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #1

Default my new addiction; loose n sloppy

well i got my first rc 3 months ago."im 50 yrs old"never had a rc before, got a new zd racing thunder..did some back flips and high speed ramps and was hooked..broke it fast. ordered me and my nephew a rs10 redcat 4 wheel steer, love it and even got a beetle chassis from customcrawlerz.con a member on here,very nice guy.. it took my rs10 to a hole diff level,made homemade rear links and was amazed. still running strong and best rc crawler ever till i got the bully2. then i got a use vaterra twin hammers 2 speed..then a new axial wraith,, over /under gears, skids,3 sets link arms"what a high dollar lesson lol" tires, CI double duecs foams med and soft fronts,then a 2 speed trans,then few sets of gears and pinions.. mag wheels,vp wheels etc etc.. that was prob a 1200 buck month trying to take the wraith to the level i was wanting..after all said and done i got big bore shocks , made a few things and put ride height back to stock,so it could clear rocks on my hardcore track ive built"hardcore for rc climbs anyhow" but made the track possible and dooable. the pitbull rock beast 2 tires changed the wraith a lot on the rocks,much better

so then almost 4 weeks ago i ordered a rtr bully2 and it was def a game changer "like the add said" ran 3 turnigy graphene 850mah 3s batterys thru it and was addicted more than ever..just as i started to learn to make it do amazing things i broke the front axle,small gear close to the locker,but the gear that goes thru case and has a bigger gear on other end with cross pin holding it in place..
this was a week ago.thankfully kenny, at rc4wd support responded the next day..they were out of stock with gears,but he said he would send me his personal set to get me running soon..they should ship in the am..he also sending new bearings as we both think thats what cause the play,to completly break the entire tooth off the gear..i think the gears are brittle myself and thinking if i have anymore issues i will look into the type of metal and see if i can harden them..i make a few custom knives and can harden them myself in the forge,maybe.
so while i have new gears n bearings in the mail..i ordered new gears the day they broke from ebay.
new fast eddy bearing for both axles that i just got yesterday.

cleaned up all the extra foot of wiring and rearanged the esc and dig to bottom chassis. esc mounted on front skid,switch mounted on rear of skid..read i need to ditch the switch and just use battery,not sure if thats good or bad,or why?

on a side note i ordered dluxfab.com brass weighted knuckles with slugs,aluminum tops,they have huge king pin bearings and ease the steering.. dlux fba axle set"man there huge" and dravtec orange shocks with soft springs..and sent eric at dlux my locker to mill it wider for the new beefy axles.. was a pleasure dealing with eric at dluxfab.com on his facebook page as i asked many questions..and they helped a lot making sure my order was correct for what i ordered.. thx eric

id post pics but not sure i can access photobucket after many many yrs..i should try as i have thouands of pics and memories from jeeping all my life.. id better give it a shot..

cant wait to swap esc out to a holmes hobbies brmd smashed esc and cc bec and a futaba 4pls.. but just broke my jku jeep axle"on 37,s" pulling a submerged jeep from the silver springs river yesterday.. thats gonna cost me,again hope to finish my dana super60 soon..my jeep weights 5700lbs without people in it it has full skids and armored

i will see how to post vids and pics today.wish me luck! cant even figure how to post a avatar? maybe i need more posts,happy mothers day! really miss my mom

Last edited by bluesky106; 05-13-2018 at 10:51 AM.
bluesky106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #2

Default Re: my new addiction; loose n sloppy

re learning to post pics since 2011 lol
Old 05-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #3

Old 05-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #4

Old 05-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #5

Old 05-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #6

I must say jammed bearing and a broken tooth on these "steel" gears is quite disturbing...

Last edited by Dannko; 05-13-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #7

yes i have issues uploading is why i stopped 7 yrs ago..pita. i been trying to load a video for here and cant seem to even find it on my pc. but ive downloaded it 3 times lol..i will try tinypic
Old 05-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #8

trying tinypic website the broken tooth
Old 05-13-2018, 01:33 PM   #9

another shot Image and video hosting by TinyPicof broken gear tooth

i def dont want to be buying a whole set of gears if this happens again..id rather buy a box of the one that broke and send the broke ones back to rc4wd
Old 05-16-2018, 06:23 AM   #10

just figured out the real issue with my new bully.. 2 of the bearings installed near the locker small gear were totally wrong..they dont even belong in this car at all anywhere that i can tell..
the fast eddy bearings dont even have 2 bearings in the pack this small..maybe the chinesse were sippin saki and slipped these in a few cars lol..
if theres not any in the fast eddy kit id say they dont belong in this car at all as the fast eddy bearings feel like a precision instrument now when turning gears..

also,there was no bearing on the one side to support axle end,inside the case beside the locker..totally missing, and wouldnt have caught it if the hole wasnt so clean and round lol..then sorted the bearings and seen there were 2 extras,,thats where they went..

fast eddy bearings on right,stock on left..the 2 bearings in the center on left dont belong

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 05-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #11

up and running great..noticed after setting my end points on the new hitec 7950 that the esc was really hot on the colling fins in just 4-5 min of playing in the 69 degree house? 3 s battery,, this normal..or did the new servo with original bec make it get hotter than before? bully bec amps seemed to match the 7950 specs

my new addiction; loose n sloppy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sloppy LEROY Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 12-26-2008 05:47 PM