Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RTR v Kit versions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RTR v Kit versions

I thought that Holmes hobbies made BR mini ESC's for single motors too. So I'd run 1 for each motor.
If so, I was actually asking bout thoughts on quality and performance differences in the hobby wing 1080 esc's and the Holmes hobbies BR mini esc's?
Iv decided I'm defiantly gonna run dual esc's with the bully 2 stock 35t motors and spectrum dx5r controller.
Anymore advice on this setup? And whether there's much difference in these esc's or if theres another option around the same price range.
Thanks snyds
snydas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

I have used Hobbywing Xerun before on my track cars and they work nice. I can't speak for them in a crawler. As far as the Holmes BR mini singles, they make the dual which is basically two singles smashed together and wired. So it is better to just get the dual mini BR. As far as the quality of the Holmes, it has the best response, startup, and crawl feel of any ESC I have ever used. You definitely won't be disappointed with the Holmes for the money!
RockStacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

So with the Holmes hobbies be mini dual is it just like running 2 separate esc's where I'll be able to underpower the rear motor/axle or will it not have that option n only be able to run 50/50 mixing to both motors?
Thanks rockstacker
Old 10-15-2018, 10:22 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Yup. That's exactly correct. You will have 2 esc's, 2 plugs for your receiver. This means you need a TX/RX setup that supports an extra channel and/or MOA mixing. Like the Sanwa MT4 or M12. I know some of the futabas do as well.

The dual br mini uses one set of power wires, and they can pre-wire your BEC inside the smash for servo as well.

Great setup IMO
Old 10-16-2018, 01:15 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Awesome mate. I'm sold on that dual ESC. Perfect that the became can be built in. I'm guessing Holmes hobbies make servo to suit as well? And crawler 35t motors ? Be awesome to run Holmes hobbies complete electrical kit.
Rockstacker what's your thoughts on spectrum dxr5r compared to the mt4? They both seem good.
How's the mt4 work with underpowering the motor mixes while driving and to perform ur digs? Is it a fairly easy/comfortable to setup n use? Thanks mate. So pumped to get my kit n start building her up. Another month n I'll be putting in my orders.
Thanks
Old 10-16-2018, 01:18 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

What's the difference in homlmes hobbies tourquemaster n crawlmaster 35t motors. Is one better for moa bully 2?
Old 10-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

No experience with the DX5R but I have other spectrum radios, they work well. The MT4 is easy to setup and use for MOA mixing. You can set the steps by whatever percentage you want on the dial. I run the Holmes puller 400s and 500s motors in my comp rigs. They are amazing for MOA. I hear good things on the crawlmaster series as well. I run the Savox 2290 servo in most of my Crawlers. It is a very strong servo. I hear good things about the Holmes servo as well and it will save you money due to being able to run it without a BEC (straight from battery).
Old 10-16-2018, 06:47 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Here's some good reading courtesy of Erik @ Dluxfab. Com. He also makes, stocks, and sells a lot of the "upgrades" and parts for a bully as well as his own "Berg" based axles that are top notch! I have a lot of his stuff and highly recommend it.

RTR v Kit versions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kit vs RTR versions Turtlejon Vaterra Twin Hammers 9 11-30-2017 03:11 PM
wraith rtr/builder kit , ax10 ridgecrest or scx10 kit hocho/dingo xC Pirates Newbie General 9 06-09-2012 06:54 AM
AX10 RTR or Kit for a build? Kit seems more popular, but RTR has some nice features. nukexbi Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 05-09-2008 01:27 PM