Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RTR v Kit versions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2018, 09:09 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default RTR v Kit versions

Hey guys so I'm buying a bully 2 crawler next month.
I'm wondering does the RTR version come with the same parts as the kit? (Obviously Except for motors, electronics) with other brands the kit usually comes with some extra upgrade parts.
Also does kit n RTR version come with the bully 2 knuckle weights iv seen they make? Or is that an aftermarket part I'll have to buy separate?
Thanks guys, can't wait to get wheeling again, been 10yrs since iv had an rc crawler.
Snyds
snydas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2018, 07:11 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RTR v Kit versions

They're the same. Weights are sold separately. And just to let you know. I'd reccomend anything else before a bully. Looking to sell mine currently.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Why do u say that?
N would other kit would u recommend is better?
Old 10-04-2018, 10:45 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

With the RTR bully 2 can you underpower the rear motor or is that only possible if I upgrade to dual ESC's? New to the MOA crawlers.
Thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 03:45 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Dluxfab makes the best stuff, and yes dual esc is the way to go. My bulley axles just don't hold up.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:42 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

From what I can find they only make parts, is that correct? I'm looking at complete kits really.
Iv heard there's an upgrade u can do to front axles to make them stringer internals.
Does anyone else have advice/thoughts on the bully 2?
I'm not looking to compete really, jus crawling for fun, we have awesome coastal rocks where I live. At least 5 good spots with 100's meters of rock each. All comp worthy rock climbs, etc.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:40 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Dlux sells kits too. More money but worth it. I've spent just as much keeping my bully in one piece as I would've on a berg from dlux. I would buy his axle shafts for the bully but afraid the gears wont hold up.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

So if I have problems with my bully 2 axles I could just change out the complete axles to berg axles since I love the bully 2 chassis, links, etc.
Would they be able to fit to the bully 2 chassis?
Or just send off my bully 2 lockers so they can be upgraded to fit the dluxx fab berg oversized axles? Iv seen its the top fix/upgrade for the bully 2 axles.
Thoughts?
Old 10-05-2018, 10:14 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

evo, what all are you breaking?

are you using bully 2 axles?
RockStacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:31 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snydas1987 View Post
So if I have problems with my bully 2 axles I could just change out the complete axles to berg axles since I love the bully 2 chassis, links, etc.
Would they be able to fit to the bully 2 chassis?
Or just send off my bully 2 lockers so they can be upgraded to fit the dluxx fab berg oversized axles? Iv seen its the top fix/upgrade for the bully 2 axles.
Thoughts?
Youd need different links but anything's possible. As far as saving money and having a nice crawler. Youd be wasting a lot going that route that's all but you are going to do what you're going to do.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:33 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStacker View Post
evo, what all are you breaking?

are you using bully 2 axles?
I was breaking CVDs and gears. Enough times I've basically given up driving it and will be parting it out if no one will buy it. I do have some OG CVDS now that I haven't broken yet.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post
I was breaking CVDs and gears. Enough times I've basically given up driving it and will be parting it out if no one will buy it. I do have some OG CVDS now that I haven't broken yet.

Man thats strange.... I have been lucky I guess. Haven't broke anything. But I don't stay in throttle when its all bound up in rocks either. I just wheel it like a technical comp rig. And I run puller 400s so not a lot of power to break stuff.

Do you let it get bound up and stay in throttle?
Old 10-06-2018, 02:26 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStacker View Post
Man thats strange.... I have been lucky I guess. Haven't broke anything. But I don't stay in throttle when its all bound up in rocks either. I just wheel it like a technical comp rig. And I run puller 400s so not a lot of power to break stuff.

Do you let it get bound up and stay in throttle?
Very rarely. I try to be as easy as I can on it in comps but everyone else can beat on their bergs or xr10s. Hard to compete with inferior metals.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:40 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Is the electronics that comes in the rtr good quality? Like will it last well? I'm not going to compete so I'm happy jus crawling n running my own courses. And with shaft driven crawlers you can't underpower the rear motor so from what I can see, running one ESC n a dig switch wouldn't be much different than a shafty. But with dig switch.
I can upgrade the ESC n motors later if I find I want more control but I think single ESC n dig switch will be less to learn how to use, like not having to worry bout underpowering rear motor etc, just a throttle, dig switch n steering.
I just want something that will last OK. But I don't have $500 australian for controller and then 2 esc's, etc.
Has anyone had any experience with the rtr version or the rtr electronics?
Thanks

Last edited by snydas1987; 10-08-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:39 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Is the electronics that comes in the rtr good quality? Like will it last well? I'm not going to compete so I'm happy jus crawling n running my own courses. And with shaft driven crawlers you can't underpower the rear motor so from what I can see, running one ESC n a dig switch wouldn't be much different than a shafty. But with dig switch.
I can upgrade the ESC n motors later if I find I want more control but I think single ESC n dig switch will be less to learn how to use, like not having to worry bout underpowering rear motor etc, just a throttle, dig switch n steering.
I just want something that will last OK. But I don't have $500 australian for controller and then 2 esc's, etc.
Has anyone had any experience with the rtr version or the rtr electronics?
Thanks
I had an rtr. Stock electronics had issues too. Esc was junk. And rx/TX glitched. Never stayed centered in neutral.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

OK guys,
What radio controller would be good to run single Holmes hobbies torquemaster BR mini dual motor ESC with a 3 position dig switch?
Thanks.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
OK guys,
What radio controller would be good to run single Holmes hobbies torquemaster BR mini dual motor ESC with a 3 position dig switch?
Thanks.
If you don't want to have to buy another one go with a mt4. And I'd recommend dual br minis. Dig switches get ya by but nothing compares to dual esc.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:12 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

If I go dual esc's, then what's a good radio controller that's not gonna cost me heaps?
Also how do u do front/rear dig? Do they still have a 3 position switch or is it a complicated move?
I'm new to rc's, well I had a crawler ten years ago biy nothing like this. That's why I was thinking just single ESC n dig switch would be easier to get into n learn but if the dual esc's aren't hard to use for dig,etc I don't mind spending the extra cash. I jus don't have anyone to learn off.
Thanks
Old 10-10-2018, 01:47 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
If I go dual esc's, then what's a good radio controller that's not gonna cost me heaps?
Also how do u do front/rear dig? Do they still have a 3 position switch or is it a complicated move?
I'm new to rc's, well I had a crawler ten years ago biy nothing like this. That's why I was thinking just single ESC n dig switch would be easier to get into n learn but if the dual esc's aren't hard to use for dig,etc I don't mind spending the extra cash. I jus don't have anyone to learn off.
Thanks
Dual BR Mini and MT4 or M12 is a sweet setup. You can program it pretty simply. Great radios. You can put the front/rear MOA mix on a knob that you can turn for whatever ratio you want... Diggs, Burns, and bias front or back at any increment you want to program the dial to. Only way to fly!
Old 10-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Considering the price of holmes dual br mini at $170 and dual 1080s AR only $80 that's $90 you save you can put twards a $250 remote. The cheap flysky remotes can be hacked to do everything you need but there were extra costs for upgrade chips I didn't want to deal with.

Essentially the price gap between 2 esc's vs one needs to be priced out before your purchase. The difference might only be $50. For that I would definitely go dual esc's
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote

RTR v Kit versions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kit vs RTR versions Turtlejon Vaterra Twin Hammers 9 11-30-2017 03:11 PM
wraith rtr/builder kit , ax10 ridgecrest or scx10 kit hocho/dingo xC Pirates Newbie General 9 06-09-2012 06:54 AM
AX10 RTR or Kit for a build? Kit seems more popular, but RTR has some nice features. nukexbi Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 05-09-2008 01:27 PM