Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Unsatisfied RC4WD customer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Unsatisfied RC4WD customer

Update #4. And.... It was a shirt. Lol The gift package was a shirt. Oddly enough, I received the gift package before they even shipped out my replacement parts. But the parts are on their way so they (RC4WD) at least done me right which is all a customer should expect. Was it in a timely manner? No. Was it easy to reach someone? No. They definitely need to work on that aspect.

As far as the bearing issue is concerned, I replaced the stock bearings with Fast Eddy ones before I ever ran the axles.. I saw no difference in bearing size between the two. I just hope the fast Eddy ones aren't wrong too!
Minoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Zombie thread - A question...

If RC4WD is shyte, is there an Comp RTR out there anyone would recommend? I'm getting back into crawling after a few years away. The market has changed! I don't care about a licensed body. I'm looking for a vehicle that hangs on walls like an insect and looks like an alien.
nathanotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:36 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I dont know of any decent comp crawlers that come rtr. Most guys pick a set of axles, a chassis, and there own formula of links and shocks. I know Dlux makes some sweet motor on axle style comp axles. The budget minded option is to use exceed axles, just make sure to get the ones with metal gears.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:38 AM   #24

My Bully 2 kit was supplied without motor pinions and the two 8mm body spacers were missing too

Luckily the (UK) supplier had the pinions, RC4WD in the US promised me the spacers, three weeks later Im still waiting....I got round the spacer issue with some from my parts stash, but it aint rocket science putting the right parts in the kit in the first place..Axial seem pretty good at it...
Paulnb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:47 PM   #25

I guess the RC4WD guys are on bad run(unless this is the norm) I purchased directly from RC4WD an Comp. Crawler Chassis kit and the kit was delivered on 1/22/21. As I was laying out and verifying all of the big parts were present I noticed one of the 91mm front top links was threaded only on one end.
I laid it out beside a 6" machinist scale and took a pic, sent the photo to support email on the same day I recieved the kit and within a couple of hours I received a reply apologizing for the defective part and asking me to verify which link was in the pic.
I verified the part and sent my response.......................................... ....................................And I am still waiting to for someone to reply and acknowledge they are shipping a usable part.

I guess after reading some of the customer experiences I'll go ahead and order a outside thread die.

I will advise if RC4WD does replace the backordered threads.
50boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:59 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I ended up going with the Bully 2 and when it arrived, I opened the box and checked all the parts, expecting things to be missing. Everything was there, clearly labelled and well organized. I started building expecting quality to be lack-luster. That was not the case. The body panels were clean, the finishes were smooth. I opened up the axles expecting them to be dry with missing or incorrect bearings. Everything was perfect (I still put grease in to supplement what was there).

Seems I'm the exception.
nathanotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

I purchased a bully2 on black Friday and my experience was much like nathanotis. RC4WD even asked me to call and verify my purchase, where I spoke with a real person. The only thing I could fault would be cheap screws.
JDLiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:24 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLiles View Post
I purchased a bully2 on black Friday and my experience was much like nathanotis. RC4WD even asked me to call and verify my purchase, where I spoke with a real person. The only thing I could fault would be cheap screws.
I got mine on Black Friday as well. Cheap hardware is my biggest complaint, the rest was fine. I did add grease, threadlock etc, but I see that as something you should do with any kit, or RTR.

Cheers,
Gable
pcgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 01:26 PM   #29

Just ordered my own Bully 2 MOA RTR. Finding this thread has me a bit worried. I'm going to take it apart and check the build and report back here to let people know if things have improved in 2022 with RC4WD. This is my first kit from them, so I am pretty excited...

In the meantime, what do people recommend in terms of upgrading the electronics. I am particularly interested in whether I should go with a dual brushed motor and single esc from HolmesHobby. Alternatively, I've seen someone do two brushless Fusions with 2 esc's and then use a mixing function with a Spektrum controller. I would really prefer to stick to a FlySky GT5 (as this is what I have, but I don't think I can mix with it. Ideas would be appreciated...
desousab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:27 PM   #30
Ots
Quarry Creeper

I did the two of everything (brushed) and my Spektrum DX5 Pro has the MOA functionality to handle it nicely. Understand not wanting to change Tx's though.
Ots is offline   Reply With Quote

Unsatisfied RC4WD customer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD new customer support? fr8cture General Crawlers 30 01-04-2014 12:00 AM
Rc4wd customer service!!!!!!! Playtime747 Chit Chat 14 08-24-2013 12:45 PM
RC4WD Customer service boisetrucker Chit Chat 16 01-19-2010 06:38 AM