Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Dual ESC questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dual ESC questions

So, I'm looking for a dual esc setup for my bully. I have a DX5 rugged, savox 2290, and have yet to pick motors.
I'm imagining a dual BR mini is still the best choice? I have gotten used to the adjustable braking on my Mamba X, and the adjustable brake ramp for steep descents, and I'm wondering if the BR mini braking is as smooth? I seem to remember my last MOA (from 5 years ago) doing an endo any time I let off the throttle on a steep downhill.
Would 2 mamba micro Xs be viable? I have read that they only use 2 FETs on brushed setups, and am worried that I'd burn them out pretty quickly...

Has anyone tried the new Carisma esc? the descent control looks like a cool feature...

Thanks!
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #2

Default Re: Dual ESC questions

I’ve a Holmes dual br mini on my rig and the start up and braking are precise & ultra smooth! Really nice esc!
1st pass tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st pass tommy View Post
I’ve a Holmes dual br mini on my rig and the start up and braking are precise & ultra smooth! Really nice esc!
Great! Thanks! Is the braking ever too strong, like you’re rolling down a steep spot and it endos?
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #4

I just today took out all stock bully electronics if your interested, all there except motors, Esc, bec, dig unit, switch, I even have original tx/rx
Chip9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:49 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlejon View Post
So, I'm looking for a dual esc setup for my bully. I have a DX5 rugged, savox 2290, and have yet to pick motors.
I'm imagining a dual BR mini is still the best choice? I have gotten used to the adjustable braking on my Mamba X, and the adjustable brake ramp for steep descents, and I'm wondering if the BR mini braking is as smooth? I seem to remember my last MOA (from 5 years ago) doing an endo any time I let off the throttle on a steep downhill.
Would 2 mamba micro Xs be viable? I have read that they only use 2 FETs on brushed setups, and am worried that I'd burn them out pretty quickly...

Has anyone tried the new Carisma esc? the descent control looks like a cool feature...

Thanks!
I was looking in the castle link software the other day and apparently the sidewinder micro 2 got the 2.02 update. Meaning they should have better downhill control and delayed drag brake then the Holmes dual BR mini. Similar to the mamba x micro but uncased, less heat dissipation.

I do not own one though.

How many FETs does the mini BR have for brushed?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 12-17-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:06 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I figured I'd chime in with my useless 2 cents... What is the end game use for this MOA?

I have 3. One with 4ws, Hobbywing 880 esc, and pistol transmitter. One with the stock rc4wd dig unit, Hobbywing 1080, and pistol transmitter. And one with dual Hobbywing 1080s and a cheap Flysky dual stick transmitter. I'm just a basher so no comps for me but after just a couple outings, the dual esc MOA with dual stick transmitter has hands down the most control. I have it set up for "differential throttle". Which let's me have either overdrive or full dig on either axle on the fly. It's a pretty sweet set up and would recommend it over the others all day, everyday. No question in my mind why the serious comp guys run dual esc/dual stick set ups.

Having said that, sorry to high jack your thread! Carry on!
Minoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:40 AM   #7

I just put in Holmes hobbies dual br-mini w cc bec, Holmes 35t torquemaster pro motors, I use a airtronics my-4, this thing is awesome, dig, burn and with dial you can over or under drive front or read axle anytime, This setup is my suggestion, works great.
Chip9399 is offline   Reply With Quote

Dual ESC questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4PLS questions on dual ESC Please Help!!!!!!! shawnwigley550 Electronics 0 03-20-2014 08:52 AM
dual motor esc questions mudd_slinger Electronics 16 04-07-2012 11:33 AM
Dual ESC questions????? MitchellY Electronics 10 08-08-2011 11:57 PM
Dual ESC questions. ComingApart Newbie General 9 02-07-2010 01:43 PM
Dual Sidewinder ESC setup Questions (Nomadio React) brettjord Electronics 4 06-02-2009 05:47 AM