RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC4WD Bully (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-bully/)
-   -   Dual ESC questions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-bully/613745-dual-esc-questions.html)

Turtlejon 12-06-2019 02:09 PM

Dual ESC questions

So, I'm looking for a dual esc setup for my bully. I have a DX5 rugged, savox 2290, and have yet to pick motors.
I'm imagining a dual BR mini is still the best choice? I have gotten used to the adjustable braking on my Mamba X, and the adjustable brake ramp for steep descents, and I'm wondering if the BR mini braking is as smooth? I seem to remember my last MOA (from 5 years ago) doing an endo any time I let off the throttle on a steep downhill.
Would 2 mamba micro Xs be viable? I have read that they only use 2 FETs on brushed setups, and am worried that I'd burn them out pretty quickly...

Has anyone tried the new Carisma esc? the descent control looks like a cool feature...

Thanks!

1st pass tommy 12-10-2019 08:07 AM

Re: Dual ESC questions

I’ve a Holmes dual br mini on my rig and the start up and braking are precise & ultra smooth! Really nice esc!

Turtlejon 12-12-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1st pass tommy (Post 5982579)
I’ve a Holmes dual br mini on my rig and the start up and braking are precise & ultra smooth! Really nice esc!

Great! Thanks! Is the braking ever too strong, like you’re rolling down a steep spot and it endos?

Chip9399 12-17-2019 05:49 PM

I just today took out all stock bully electronics if your interested, all there except motors, Esc, bec, dig unit, switch, I even have original tx/rx

Voodoobrew 12-17-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlejon (Post 5981812)
So, I'm looking for a dual esc setup for my bully. I have a DX5 rugged, savox 2290, and have yet to pick motors.
I'm imagining a dual BR mini is still the best choice? I have gotten used to the adjustable braking on my Mamba X, and the adjustable brake ramp for steep descents, and I'm wondering if the BR mini braking is as smooth? I seem to remember my last MOA (from 5 years ago) doing an endo any time I let off the throttle on a steep downhill.
Would 2 mamba micro Xs be viable? I have read that they only use 2 FETs on brushed setups, and am worried that I'd burn them out pretty quickly...

Has anyone tried the new Carisma esc? the descent control looks like a cool feature...

Thanks!

I was looking in the castle link software the other day and apparently the sidewinder micro 2 got the 2.02 update. Meaning they should have better downhill control and delayed drag brake then the Holmes dual BR mini. Similar to the mamba x micro but uncased, less heat dissipation.

I do not own one though.

How many FETs does the mini BR have for brushed?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Minoa 12-19-2019 02:06 PM

I figured I'd chime in with my useless 2 cents... What is the end game use for this MOA?

I have 3. One with 4ws, Hobbywing 880 esc, and pistol transmitter. One with the stock rc4wd dig unit, Hobbywing 1080, and pistol transmitter. And one with dual Hobbywing 1080s and a cheap Flysky dual stick transmitter. I'm just a basher so no comps for me but after just a couple outings, the dual esc MOA with dual stick transmitter has hands down the most control. I have it set up for "differential throttle". Which let's me have either overdrive or full dig on either axle on the fly. It's a pretty sweet set up and would recommend it over the others all day, everyday. No question in my mind why the serious comp guys run dual esc/dual stick set ups.

Having said that, sorry to high jack your thread! Carry on!

Chip9399 12-28-2019 06:40 AM

I just put in Holmes hobbies dual br-mini w cc bec, Holmes 35t torquemaster pro motors, I use a airtronics my-4, this thing is awesome, dig, burn and with dial you can over or under drive front or read axle anytime, This setup is my suggestion, works great.