Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Kit Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #1

Default RC4WD Kit Quality

I’ve read nightmare stories of RC4WD Bully 2 kits missing parts, wrong bearings in axles, etc. Has this improved at all? It’s the only available comp crawler available and I want one but not if it’s a gamble.
Marv669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: RC4WD Kit Quality

Oh man I hope that isn't true. I'm drawn to the Bully 2 and the game R1 because of the looks. A crazy 2.2 crawler would be different from anything I have. I've been reading so many old post to learn more about each. Last night's reading convinced me to give up on the R1. It's not impressive out of the box. If the Bully 2 isn't worth the hassle, then what is left?
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Can’t comment on kit but what I can tell you is that the Bully2 is going to significantly better performing than an R1 - very different beasts .
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:11 AM   #4

I'll be up front and say my personal experience with RC4WD sucks so I am biased. My friends have had similar quality issues with RC4WD, but one just deals with it because he's a scale nerd.

With that being said, I don't have a Bully 2, but the quality on my TF2 is a joke. The hardware looks like it was handmade out of aluminum by a 13 year old and it strips just as easily. Some tapped or thru holes had to be drilled or tapped. Some things don't line up without modification. Some bearings are press fit while others, on the same part, fall out. There was so much slop between the axle housing and the knuckles on my truck that when you set it down the camber changed by a few degrees. Attempts to get replacement parts through RC4WD were ignored. They told me it was normal. That answer wasn't good for me so I found an RC4WD manager online and reached out to him. He apologized and got me replacement parts, but I shouldn't have had to do that. I strongly urge you to spend your money elsewhere.

Here's a thread from last year about the Bully 2 and it's not good. The poster of that thread appears to still be active on this site so you could try PMing him if you'd like more information.
Unsatisfied RC4WD customer
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I appreciate the personal input. Im new to Crawlers and initially thought RC4wd was a better thsn average brand. Say, a step up from Axial or entry level stuff. The more I read on this forum, the more I see gmade and RC4wd have very poor reputations. So is there a MOA kit worth a lick? I feel like I need one of these beasts to complete my collection of crawlers. Lol
Old 07-13-2020, 01:43 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Look up DLux Fab, he builds a couple different comp crawlers and you don't have to question the quality, his stuff is top notch. The bully 2 is a toy by comparison.
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:34 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Edit: Reading old build threads, I found my answer.

Dluxfab.com
facebook.com/groups/DluxFab/
facebook.com/Dluxfab/

Last edited by Trick; 07-14-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:19 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

That was my thread referenced above. I'll chime in and say while my initial experience was not ideal, my bully has been bashed alot since being built and I've had zero issues with it. I've had no regrets with it and if you can deal with any problems that might occur during the build, it's a solid platform.

Their customer service could be better, no doubt. Though to be fair, once I got ahold of someone, they made my issues right, no questions asked.

I was dead set on getting an MOA, but not at dlux fab prices. I own 3 now and really wish they'd make a comeback. I'd probably pick up another if a new kit was released.
Minoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:00 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoa View Post
That was my thread referenced above. I'll chime in and say while my initial experience was not ideal, my bully has been bashed alot since being built and I've had zero issues with it. I've had no regrets with it and if you can deal with any problems that might occur during the build, it's a solid platform.

Their customer service could be better, no doubt. Though to be fair, once I got ahold of someone, they made my issues right, no questions asked.

I was dead set on getting an MOA, but not at dlux fab prices. I own 3 now and really wish they'd make a comeback. I'd probably pick up another if a new kit was released.
Thats cool. Thanks for your first hand input.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #10

Thank you for all the input! I’m going to check out Dluxfab!
Marv669 is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD Kit Quality - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Blazer Pre-Painted Complete Body Set Quality? JatoTheRipper Paint and Body 8 01-24-2018 07:18 AM
Noob question about Ascender's kit quality drabina Vaterra Ascender 8 12-17-2015 05:06 PM
Defender d90 rc4wd body... Quality :( Eljuan187 Paint and Body 4 04-10-2013 03:42 PM
1.9 scale build options - Hilux kit, RC4WD kit, or piece together my own? Nova's Ark General Scale Talk 8 06-12-2008 10:24 AM