Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: GMRC gets a MOA!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default GMRC gets a MOA!

Picked a used Bully2 rtr...well I don’t think it’s been ran before. Pretty heavily involved in the scale side of things and very excited to dive into these.

Drove it for about 5 minutes and I already tore out the stock esc and dig unit. Wanted to put dual br minis in but they are out of stock everywhere’s. Have 2 1080s coming for now. Figured these would be good spares for class1 type rigs if I were to upgrade them.

Not a ton of info out there for the novice user, wanting to document things I do with it to help others...as well get input from the more experience users.

Enjoy! Planning on posting more on here on various builds so stay tuned!

Last edited by 802coma; 06-12-2020 at 11:54 AM.
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2020, 06:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GMRC gets a MOA!

Still waiting on my esc’s...would of been here today but no one was around to sign for them.

Well anyways, got some pinewood derby tungsten weights ($10 on amazon) and made myself some knuckle weights. Might tweak the upper portion a little more but everything clears.

Also will be shortening the skid...working on a electronics tray to house 1 esc and hopefully the rx off the rear part of the front axle. Got the mount fitted just got to cut a tray out of .060 g10 when I get a chance.

I have a mks servo coming for it as well so no worries on that rtr spectrum in there lol. More for mock up purposes.

Some of the stock panels where cracked and I noticed they were pretty thick. Think I’ll get some thinner lexan and cut a new set out.

What length shocks are most people running. Want to go dravtech or traxxas big bores. 3.5” dravtechs? Or Long big bores? Going to run these for a little while for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Im running the medium (106mm) Dravtechs though stock is 90mm. I'd suggest grabbing the Dravtechs soon if thats what you want, they're closing but there is still stock.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 06-13-2020 at 07:19 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:20 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

You can buy Dravtech shocks from Dlux. I go with the small which is about 90mm but use the long rod end from the RC4WD for the front.
derteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Dravtechs will probably hafta wait a little bit. Got the 2 hobbywing 1080s squeezed in there. Was going to make new panels but decided to just wrap my old ones for now cause my airbrush is packed away cause I’m moving in a few weeks.

Can’t wait to get it out in some rocks! Hopefully this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMRC gets a MOA! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 Raw kit build and rebuild. GMRC Drag Queen chassis. OpisOpus Axial SCX10 II 11 03-21-2019 03:26 PM
Angrychair's 1.9 truggy build GMRC Trojen RC Fab angrchair 1.9 Scale Rigs 13 11-21-2018 10:15 PM
Any moa scale setup rigs out there? Moa with cms? Crawlin' Lobster General Crawlers 13 12-02-2014 11:40 PM