Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Buying a used Bully 1 - is this still comparable to a new Axial Truck?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Buying a used Bully 1 - is this still comparable to a new Axial Truck?

Hi,
I have the opportunity to purchase a used Bully 1 that has some wear and tear but still rolls. It has a few hop ups also as per the owner.

I'm new to this so bear with me if it's a stupid question: Since this is a 10yr old platform, is it comparable to the new trucks coming out today such as an Axial Capra, Redcat Gen 8, etc...

I do not need scale. Only a good crawler.

charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2020, 10:53 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Buying a used Bully 1 - is this still comparable to a new Axial Truck?

Sorry for the big pictures. I do not know how to resize them.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Buying a used Bully 1 - is this still comparable to a new Axial Truck?

It will kick the shit out of the scale trucks you are comparing it to. Any other comp crawler out there will hand it its ass. Unless you spend a lot of time and effort reworking it to make it shine.
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the reply. I finally decided to pass and get a crawler that has local parts support.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesd View Post
Thanks for the reply. I finally decided to pass and get a crawler that has local parts support.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Bully don't needs support parts as they are tough.
ozpall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:13 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

My kids and I have an MOA along with a few other crawlers. The MOA are far more capable then true scalers. I think the TVP chassis has allot to do with it also. I am somewhat new to this so I don't know all the history.

We compete in local events were they have open classes that allow MOAs and TVP builds.

There are shaft driven vehicles that can compete with MOAs. To me it seems the advantage MOAs have is the low center of gravity and how the DIG works. It seems the TVP is setting up your suspension. They can probably out side hill about anything but other than that there are other rigs that perform and can compete with MOA BUT they are custom builds by people with experience.

Our MOA is a M2 dig. Axial Racing - Novak M2 Dig ESC I do worry that at some point in time the ESC will give out and there won't be an ESC available to replace it with.

What I don't understand is why the TVP chassis is not welcome but the low center of gravity ones are?

Last edited by MOguy; 06-10-2020 at 06:29 AM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:45 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Im drawn to a MOA crawler because its funky and badass. Im surprised there is hardly any kit options. I guess the trend has passed? Seems to only be the Bully 2 and the R1. Whats the houghts on each?
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:22 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Went to a comp yesterday and they had an entire class just for MOA. New stuff, people are still running them out my way.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Buying a used Bully 1 - is this still comparable to a new Axial Truck? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking at buying a new Bully Philthy RC4WD Bully 7 03-04-2015 05:11 PM
Buying new truck buffracer259 Newbie General 7 06-02-2008 05:23 AM