RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC4WD Bully (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-bully/)
-   -   What’s your favorite brand shock oil? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-bully/621852-what%92s-your-favorite-brand-shock-oil.html)

cloudswimmer 11-05-2020 05:33 PM

What’s your favorite brand shock oil?

Team Associated, Losi, etc. I’m going to need to fill up my new Dravtech’s when they get here and am wondering what you guys like as I’m shopping around for shock oil.

HumboldtEF 11-05-2020 06:32 PM

Re: What’s your favorite brand shock oil?

I wouldn't overthink this, the only real difference will be price and the CST or WT. CST and WT values aren’t directly comparable from brand to brand, so it’s good to stick to one brand for consistency.

I usually go for Team associated oil because theres a good variety of weights and its usually in stock at RPP or Amain.

cloudswimmer 11-06-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 6051770)
I wouldn't overthink this, the only real difference will be price and the CST or WT. CST and WT values aren’t directly comparable from brand to brand, so it’s good to stick to one brand for consistency.

I usually go for Team associated oil because theres a good variety of weights and its usually in stock at RPP or Amain.

I found some Traxxas oil in 30wt which is what I want, and I like its long nose filler tube, so what your saying is it doesn’t really matter when it comes to Silicone shock oil .. just get what you can get?

QuesoDelDiablo 11-06-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudswimmer (Post 6051889)
I found some Traxxas oil in 30wt which is what I want, and I like its long nose filler tube, so what your saying is it doesn’t really matter when it comes to Silicone shock oil .. just get what you can get?

Exactly, shock oil is shock oil. As long as it's silicone it doesn't matter what brand it is.

I've used Traxxas, Gmade, Axial (all 30wt) in the past and I keep a few different grades of the Team Associated (30-80wt) stuff around because that's what my local shop carries.

Topher Builds 11-06-2020 03:22 PM

The only thing I’d recommend is if you’re wanting to really fine tune with specific weights, then to stick to one brand. Only becuase the ratings can be a little inconsistent between each. Otherwise there’s not much of a reason I’m aware of to lean towards any one brand. I tend to stick with team associated or losi, mostly Losi, as it seems to be commonly available.

Phildirt 11-06-2020 04:16 PM

I use Lucas. It’s oil.

meatmonkey 11-06-2020 04:20 PM

I use team associated. Its made by Lucas and has the conventional weight and centistroke measurement right on it. I stock between 35 and 80w in 5w increments, both because I have a small fleet to attend to, and I like tinkering and tuning.